Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2021, 06:32 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,038,751 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donny Pmurt View Post
Your heathen views will merely send you to Hell. Reject Jesus Christ and you're doomed. You seem to love Satan. Shame.
HaSatan is the good guy...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2021, 06:40 AM

1,402 posts, read 477,717 times
Quote:
Your heathen views will merely send you to Hell. Reject Jesus Christ and you're doomed. You seem to love Satan. Shame.
"Well, that escalated quickly!"

If there were evidence that Hell or Satan were real, I would be concerned. As there is none, I am not concerned. On the contrary, we have every reason to conclude that Hell and Satan (and so as to not discriminate, Heaven and God-of-the-Bible) are very human constructs, fruits of the human imagination. Shame, indeed.

Last edited by HeelaMonster; 09-20-2021 at 07:05 AM..

Old 09-20-2021, 06:47 AM

2,777 posts, read 2,670,880 times
Quote:
I worship Jesus Christ.
you should worship the one who created you
Jesus Christ is a messenger from the creator just like Moses and Noah and Ibrahim and Muhammad
and other true messengers

Old 09-20-2021, 09:13 AM

29,551 posts, read 9,725,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
In all fairness, like with the flat earthers, I did not do my research. I was taught that and just accepted it. I think it can be like that with things we just think are a certain way. If we had to verify every single thing we think is true we couldn't function. Everyone is bound to have some erroneous beliefs. They aren't hurting anyone else with that belief except themselves and maybe their families by insisting they are onto something and other people are sheeple.

We are all creating models of our own reality and none of us see things the way they really are. As long as we all remember that we will be fine. I used to believe people had good reasons for thinking the way they do. I've dropped that to people have reasons for thinking the way they do. Whatever applies to others also applies to me. I've noticed I can make a mountain out of a mole gill just as easily as anyone else can because it looks earth-shattering to me. Whatever applies to me applies to other people.

In the words of the Prophet Avril Lavigne in her sermon about being complicated, she admonished:

Chill out, what ya yellin' for?
Lay back, it's all been done before
And if you could only let it be
You will see

or if someone prefers:
Ecclesiastes 1:9

What has been will be again,
what has been done will be done again;
there is nothing new under the sun.
I hear you, but I think we "do our research" more than you give credit even when it comes to things like the earth being flat. We become aware of facts and information over time that leads us to the conclusion(s) we draw about all things. We are not even aware we're doing this most of the time, especially as we are growing up and even still as we get older. Some conclusions require more research than others is all.

Something like the difference between simple arithmetic and calculus. Most of us don't need much additional consideration about how or why 2+2=4.

Unfortunately, however, I'm not sure everyone's critical thinking skills are equal, so there are some people who process the facts and information quite differently from others. Then we are all called upon to judge what conclusions are best, based on our critical thinking skills.

Ultimately it's true, however. About most things more consequential and not quite so simple, most of us don't do the amount of research we should before drawing conclusion.

Old 09-20-2021, 10:46 AM

63,817 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
I hear you, but I think we "do our research" more than you give credit even when it comes to things like the earth being flat. We become aware of facts and information over time that leads us to the conclusion(s) we draw about all things. We are not even aware we're doing this most of the time, especially as we are growing up and even still as we get older. Some conclusions require more research than others is all.

Something like the difference between simple arithmetic and calculus. Most of us don't need much additional consideration about how or why 2+2=4.

Unfortunately, however, I'm not sure everyone's critical thinking skills are equal, so there are some people who process the facts and information quite differently from others. Then we are all called upon to judge what conclusions are best, based on our critical thinking skills.

Ultimately it's true, however. About most things more consequential and not quite so simple, most of us don't do the amount of research we should before drawing a conclusion.
We're now equal in the surprise about the posts department.

Old 09-20-2021, 12:33 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,639,632 times
Quote:
I worship Jesus Christ, your Savior.
If you go to Hell it's YOU who sends yourself there, via your inhumane rejection of Jesus Christ.
It's YOUR choice.
You sound like a fun guy.

Old 09-20-2021, 12:36 PM

50,826 posts, read 24,335,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
You sound like a fun guy.
I was wondering how one can be inhumane to a god.

Old 09-21-2021, 08:37 AM

29,551 posts, read 9,725,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
We're now equal in the surprise about the posts department.
You are much more predictable and clever than I am however...

Old 09-22-2021, 07:13 AM

12,595 posts, read 6,653,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Sung View Post
I notice that lots of people on the Religion & Spirituality forum adopt the stance written in the title of this topic.
People like Hindus, Christians, Pantheists, atheists, Muslims, Buddhists, agnostics etc. They often claim to have "proof" of the content accuracy of their beliefs/opinions, & will usually not change their beliefs/opinions regardless of what anyone else proves or doesn't prove, says or doesn't say, & believes or doesn't believe. They think "I'm right & if you don't agree then you're wrong".

Are you better than that? If so, why and how?
To many (most) "Belief = Reality"...so.
On the other hand...if one can back up what they believe to be true with something that validates/substantiates it ("proof"), such as indicating it comports with observations as to how things are...that would be different from just "blind" faith in whatever ideology.

Old 09-22-2021, 08:26 AM

16,781 posts, read 4,986,375 times
Quote:
I worship Jesus Christ, your Savior.
I know you have gone, but I have some time free.

It is obviously not my savior if it is evil enough to punish me because it has not provided any credible evidence it exists.

Quote:
If you go to Hell it's YOU who sends yourself there, via your inhumane rejection of Jesus Christ.
It's YOUR choice.
I do not reject Jesus, I do not believe your myth. That is not a choice. Deciding not to go to hell IS a choice, which leaves logical car crash no where to go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality