Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2021, 10:29 AM

15,943 posts, read 7,009,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
True, and I think I'm one to both sometimes just grab the ice and also want to know how it became solid...

You might get poetry better than I do, maybe, as you insist of course (again and again), but when it comes to most of the rest, it always seems you are missing the bigger picture. Always missing something anyway. Especially when it comes to me.
It is a bit sad that at your stage in life that you feel you need to feel victimized because what, that there is disagreement? I dont miss anything about you, how you think is crystal clear to many of us here as is evident from their posts. Your thinking is very simple minded and limited by your own choice. It is you who is missing so much. Maybe instead of the big picture, examine how it was drawn, what the artist meant.
But you do have a fan club, so there is that, a mutual admiration fan club.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2021, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
We have many times addressed the different ways and styles that different people exhibit in this forum. Such is CB's who simply can't help himself (herself?). Always more about driving the stake into the ground rather than being grounded...
Oh but the ground is mush, nothing can be driven into it. It cannot hold a single idea.

Old 10-03-2021, 10:42 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,567,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
Oh but the ground is mush, nothing can be driven into it. It cannot hold a single idea.
The point is CB, can you see how we all are similar in some ways? How we express and defend our beliefs the same ways sometimes?

How can we get a full measure of ourselves?

Old 10-03-2021, 10:51 AM

29,530 posts, read 9,700,562 times
Quote:
It is a bit sad that at your stage in life that you feel you need to feel victimized because what, that there is disagreement? I dont miss anything about you, how you think is crystal clear to many of us here as is evident from their posts. Your thinking is very simple minded and limited by your own choice. It is you who is missing so much. Maybe instead of the big picture, examine how it was drawn, what the artist meant.
Feel the need to feel victimized?

Thanks for this little chuckle as it is time for me to sign off from here and move on to preparing our customary BSB now. I feel the need to do that now as much as I enjoy all these never-ending impressive insights from you about me. Simple minded. Right, but I'm not so simple minded that I don't recognize how aware and in tune you are with Oneness and all those heavy vibes that you and yours are able to tune into while I'm left simple minded. I get it already! Crystal clear!

I know what I'm missing...

Now it's art appreciation too? How clueless can you possibly be?

This too about the fan club is your thing. Not mine. Some folks are here to be in some sort of popularity contest. That's never been my thing. I don't rep anyone, and I don't care if anyone reps me. You think I'm here to make my threads grow too. Also not true. I'm here to engage in adult intelligent discussion about topics that interest me. People like you just make this difficult. Something like walking along the water talking with someone about something interesting when all of a sudden some loud motorcycle goes by that makes it impossible to continue the conversation for a bit.

Fortunately, they keep going down the road until they are no longer an annoyance...

Old 10-03-2021, 10:53 AM

29,530 posts, read 9,700,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
The point is CB, can you see how we all are similar in some ways? How we express and defend our beliefs the same ways sometimes?

Now you're talking.

A pleasure to read, consider, as I bid all of you aware ones a very fine Sunday...

Old 10-03-2021, 10:55 AM

4,747 posts, read 2,346,962 times
Quote:
If we are going to honestly consider the question of just who is being simple minded... which of these things do you NOT personally accept as true?

Joshua stopped the Earth from rotating.
Joshua 10:12-13 (The Day the Earth Stood Still)

Jonah rode around in the belly of a great fish for several days without being digested.
Book of Jonah (shades of Pinocchio)

Hordes of dead people came up out of their graves and wandered the streets of Jerusalem.
Matthew 27:52-53 (Night of the Living Dead)

A corpse returned to life and subsequently physically flew off into the sky.
All four Gospels; Acts 1:9

Santa has a team of flying reindeer.
A Visit from St. Nicholas, By Clement Moore

Old 10-03-2021, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post

Arach, I am convinced that this forum for Religion and Spirituality cannot function to its full potential, exchanging ideas and thoughts on these topics, as long as Atheists post here. We are at complete cross purposes, dialogues are derailed, and instead of thoughts personalities are discussed, lists are made as to who are liked and who are not. How much more childish can it get?
An analogy would be where White Nationalists post in a forum called Being Black in America. A bit extreme but not by much.

Old 10-03-2021, 10:59 AM

22,143 posts, read 19,198,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
If we are going to honestly consider the question of just who is being simple minded... which of these things do you NOT personally accept as true?
Jonah rode around in the belly of a great fish for several days without being digested.
Hordes of dead people came up out of their graves and wandered the streets of Jerusalem.
bold above
= post above

Old 10-03-2021, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post

Please go home, have a good nap.

Old 10-03-2021, 11:02 AM

22,143 posts, read 19,198,797 times
Quote:
Arach, I am convinced that this forum for Religion and Spirituality cannot function to its full potential, exchanging ideas and thoughts on these topics, as long as Atheists post here. We are at complete cross purposes, dialogues are derailed, and instead of thoughts personalities are discussed, lists are made as to who are liked and who are not. How much more childish can it get?
An analogy would be where White Nationalists post in a forum called Being Black in America. A bit extreme but not by much.
excellent analogy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality