Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2021, 06:10 PM

63,815 posts, read 40,099,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
"rationalization" is not "Realization."

rationalization is an intellectual exercise, intellectual gymnastics.

Realization is a byproduct of and stems from an absence of intellectual exercise, an absence of mental gymnastics.

that's why "quiet the mind" and "still the mind" are basic to many paths.
my observation is that inner stillness, inner peace, and a quiet mind are not prominent, (or even present?) in that which you convey through your posts.

Realization does not come from any intellectual process, intellectual edifice, intellectual synthesis, intellectual gymnastics, intellectual analysis, intellectual proof, intellectual study, intellectual construct, or intellectual posturing. the intellect is not a path to Realization.
What you call Realization is the rejection of intellect and blind acceptance of utter nonsense simply because there is seemingly no real explanation for existence itself. That it gives you peace and bliss is a good thing for you both. But that it is actually what our existence is all about is pure nonsense!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2021, 06:36 PM

22,183 posts, read 19,227,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
What you call Realization is the rejection of intellect and blind acceptance of utter nonsense simply because there is seemingly no real explanation for existence itself. That it gives you peace and bliss is a good thing for you both. But that it is actually what our existence is all about is pure nonsense!
no that is not what Realization is.
that is not an accurate description of Realization.
it demonstrates a lack of understanding, lack of comprehension, and lack of grasp and perception of Realization.

it also demonstrates that you do not know the difference and are unable to distinguish between Realization and rationalization. view expressed in the post above is a "rationalization."

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 10-11-2021 at 07:01 PM..

Old 10-11-2021, 06:46 PM

it's not a rejection of intellect.
it is an ability to observe the thoughts. and let them go. and quiet the thoughts. and stop them all together.

it is a not-doing. it is a not-thinking.

you seem bothered by that. i can't imagine why.
do you identify so strongly with your thoughts that you can't bear to be in stillness without thinking?
your extreme aversion and charged emotional reaction to what is being discussed suggests that. maybe you can share what it is that bothers you so much about observing the thoughts, letting them go, quiet-ing the thoughts, or stopping the thoughts.

it is curious. perhaps you can shed light on this.

Old 10-11-2021, 06:52 PM

63,815 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
not that is not what Realization is.
that is not an accurate description of Realization.
it demonstrates a lack of understanding, lack of comprehension, and lack of grasp and perception of Realization.

it also demonstrates that you do not know the difference and are unable to distinguish between Realization and rationalization. view expressed in the post above is a "rationalization."
The more you criticize my understanding the more you reveal your utter ignorance of Reality.
Quote:
it's not a rejection of intellect.
it is an ability to observe the thoughts. and let them go. and quiet the thoughts. and stop them all together.

it is a not-doing. it is a not-thinking.

you seem bothered by that. i can't imagine why.
QED!!! Your posts are the epitome of not thinking. They are complete nonsense.

Old 10-11-2021, 06:58 PM

i am baffled how someone would feel so threatened by stillness and have such an aversion to observing the thoughts and being able to still the mind.

Old 10-11-2021, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
I'll try from a different approach.
OK, as you work out your karma, and get off the wheel of samsara and dissolve in Brahman/Consciousness.
Fine.
I have a question.
Where did you come from?
Why did you come from where you came from?
What is purpose of your existence then, if your destination is to seize to exist?
NB: I am NOT referring to personality/ego/Id/mind etc. I am referring to the Conscious Self that suffers through re existences.
Can you answer those simple questions?
those are good questions.
what is your view on each of those ukr?

Old 10-11-2021, 09:02 PM

19,039 posts, read 27,607,234 times
Quote:
those are good questions.
what is your view on each of those ukr?
I come from the Nature side, as a unit of Nature (added: Consciousness initiates such process by invoking a unit of Nature into existence)
Through countless interactions with other units and through the Great Worlds, level of Consciousness in "me" grows until "I" become Self-Aware.

I use terms I and me just as what's available. I only mean individuality, as "my" development and "my" experiences are unique to "me". I-am, I-ness and Self-ness. Vs You-are, Your-ness, and Your_self_ness.

After I became Self-Conscious, I can either progress and develop further in the eternal or, I can lower my-Self to the lowest level of the physical, in the Realm of Change, and, completing the wheel of samsara, return to the Realm of Permanence. It is choice.

Ultimate destination is to become Consciousness.

Purpose of existence is to develop every unit of Nature into Consciousness. As example of ocean, I used before. Ocean is one, just like Consciousness is one. One Consciousness is countless I-Consciousnesses, each one of them with its own path of development. They are all in One of the Light of Intelligence, aka Consciousness yet, all are different, as all of their paths, or dhammas, were different.

Old 10-12-2021, 06:22 AM

15,968 posts, read 7,032,343 times
Ukrkoz,
Quote:
Purpose of existence is to develop every unit of Nature into Consciousness. As example of ocean, I used before. Ocean is one, just like Consciousness is one. One Consciousness is countless I-Consciousnesses, each one of them with its own path of development. They are all in One of the Light of Intelligence, aka Consciousness yet, all are different, as all of their paths, or dhammas, were different.
The ocean actually has many parts, that is our experience of ocean - waves, tidal waves, foam, bubbles that form and disappear.
But it is ALL water.
That is a shift in perspective.

Old 10-12-2021, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
I come from the Nature side, as a unit of Nature (added: Consciousness initiates such process by invoking a unit of Nature into existence)
Through countless interactions with other units and through the Great Worlds, level of Consciousness in "me" grows until "I" become Self-Aware.

I use terms I and me just as what's available. I only mean individuality, as "my" development and "my" experiences are unique to "me". I-am, I-ness and Self-ness. Vs You-are, Your-ness, and Your_self_ness.

After I became Self-Conscious, I can either progress and develop further in the eternal or, I can lower my-Self to the lowest level of the physical, in the Realm of Change, and, completing the wheel of samsara, return to the Realm of Permanence. It is choice.

Ultimate destination is to become Consciousness.

thank you.

Old 10-12-2021, 08:26 AM

2,400 posts, read 783,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
Ukrkoz,

The ocean actually has many parts, that is our experience of ocean - waves, tidal waves, foam, bubbles that form and disappear.
But it is ALL water.
That is a shift in perspective.
The bubbles are actually air, surrounded by water - salty water!

The ocean, in the vast majority, is composed of molten ice. Seething, roiling molten ice.

That's another perspective shift.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality