Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2022, 09:06 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,020,934 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
Its they who fight against facts. They fear being wrong. They must fit in. What are you talking about-tresspass?
You and I disagree on some major theological issues, but I'll give you a tip here. Just walk away. You're never going to get your point across to certain folks. They are just unwilling to consider anything outside of their own little world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2022, 09:09 AM

50,821 posts, read 24,321,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
You and I disagree on some major theological issues, but I'll give you a tip here. Just walk away. You're never going to get your point across to certain folks. They are just unwilling to consider anything outside of their own little world.
And we wish christians would just walk away from spreading the message.

And your totally closed attitude would describe you as highlighted above.

Old 01-26-2022, 09:20 AM

12,595 posts, read 6,651,631 times
Quote:
Yes...good advice.
When they start in with the interrogation, mocking, insults, etc...tell them "Those are my perceptions and Beliefs...if they do not suit you, you are welcome to spit into a strong wind and pound sand. I will pray for you".

Old 01-26-2022, 09:25 AM

16,779 posts, read 4,982,520 times
Quote:
Do you really not understand? We are willing. We just find your evidence is not credible.

It is you who is not willing to accept you may be wrong.

Old 01-26-2022, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
Yes...good advice.
When they start in with the interrogation, mocking, insults, etc...tell them "Those are my perceptions and Beliefs...if they do not suit you, you are welcome to spit into a strong wind and pound sand. I will pray for you".
Stop trying to derail threads.

Old 01-26-2022, 09:37 AM

12,595 posts, read 6,651,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Don't ya just love it when christians fight over scripture.
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
You're still fighting with other christians. Not a good sign, regardless of who is right...perhaps neither.

Who asked you to share your facts?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
Who asked you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
Stop trying to derail threads.
Nah....I just concurred with the "tip" once the real deal ^^^ (even "grinning" about it) was stated in no uncertain terms.

Old 01-26-2022, 09:49 AM

1,480 posts, read 480,102 times
I figure people can try to define God any way they want, even as non-existent. The satan/serpent claimed to know God and then proceeded to cut God down claiming to know better, after of course exalting God and claiming to be like God in following his lying beguiling word, trying to make the cut-down subtle and unnoticeable. The old forked tongue and substituting one for another.

Personally, I prefer to think of all those around me as greater than me and accept that place in life. A position of viewing all the greatness. In shared under-standing.

Last edited by chief scum; 01-26-2022 at 10:04 AM..

Old 01-26-2022, 10:02 AM

50,821 posts, read 24,321,239 times
Quote:
Do you really not understand? We are willing. We just find your evidence is not credible.

It is you who is not willing to accept you may be wrong.
What's truly ironic is that BF says, "They are just unwilling to consider anything outside of their own little world".

Yet he is not willing to "consider" Buddhism, Shinto, Islam, Sikhism, Confucianism, Jainism, Hinduism, Taoism, Baha'i, or Zoroastrianism.

Old 01-26-2022, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
You should quit saying the Bible teaches two different gods before somebody reports you for being insulting.
One of the problems is our modern view of Jewish and Christian theology is different to that of the Jews from 2000 years ago, where divine beings were also sometimes called gods (1 Corinthians 8:5-6 and 2 Corinthians 4:4 are examples), and the word for gods can also mean being god like or of God's nature.

And Paul says Jesus is an angel (Galatians 4:14) who is the first born of creation, and both Paul and Hebrews say it was Jesus who created everything for God.

And one can legitimately translate John 8:44 to read as if the author of John is arguing for both a good and an evil god, as the Manichaeans did using this verse.

Old 01-26-2022, 12:56 PM

10,036 posts, read 4,965,651 times
Quote:
One of the problems is our modern view of Jewish and Christian theology is different to that of the Jews from 2000 years ago, where divine beings were also sometimes called gods (1 Corinthians 8:5-6 and 2 Corinthians 4:4 are examples), and the word for gods can also mean being god like or of God's nature.
And Paul says Jesus is an angel (Galatians 4:14) who is the first born of creation, and both Paul and Hebrews say it was Jesus who created everything for God.
And one can legitimately translate John 8:44 to read as if the author of John is arguing for both a good and an evil god, as the Manichaeans did using this verse.
Psalm 90:2 informs us that God is from everlasting meaning: God had No beginning.
John wrote that pre-human Jesus was "IN" the beginning. John never wrote Jesus was ' before ' the beginning.
So, only the God of Jesus was ' before ' the beginning of anything.
Even the resurrected Jesus (John 20:17 B) still thought he had a God over him.
Also, the resurrected ascended-to-heaven Jesus still thinks he has a God over him as per Revelation 3:12
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality