Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2023, 12:26 PM

2,406 posts, read 6,038,166 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
How dare America have a thing called freedom!! So wrong of us!!

Since you can't handle that, you need to get to some backwards Third World country as quickly as possible!!
Run, swim, crawl if you have to!!!

Soooo, you're implying that over-zealous religious nut jobs have the freedom to force their way into other peoples' personal space and attempt to cram their toxic hate-filled agenda down their throats?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2023, 12:36 PM

18,249 posts, read 16,912,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treemoni View Post
TL;DR.

Is the OP sugguesting that religion is similar to science (scrolled through & see sciencey pictures)?

Too long? It's an easy read. God, how lazy can a person get?

Old 01-30-2023, 12:47 PM

11,073 posts, read 7,142,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstnghu2 View Post
Soooo, you're implying that over-zealous religious nut jobs have the freedom to force their way into other peoples' personal space and attempt to cram their toxic hate-filled agenda down their throats?
If it drives people like you nuts - willingly - then they're doing a service, pushing all your buttons. Hey, if I lived around you, I'd join in just to see you go bonkers out in public, with you screaming and foaming at the mouth. You're your own worst enemy.

Last edited by Thoreau424; 01-30-2023 at 12:58 PM..

Old 01-30-2023, 12:55 PM

10,091 posts, read 6,424,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
We're not in ancient time however. Most Jews today are atheist anyway.
Not really. We just like to keep a low profile because it's safer.

Old 01-30-2023, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstnghu2 View Post

Freedom, yes. Moral right, no. How would you like it if you were on the beach enjoying the day with your sweetheart or friends and some Christian idiot came up to you uninvited and started asking you if you knew if you were saved from going to hell and do you know Jesus as your personal savior? Ray knows he is an obnoxious jerk but he doesn't care. He's a man on a mission to get people to come to Jesus whether they want to or not. How Ray got this way mentally and psychologically could probably fill a psychiatrist's file cabinet but he is what he is and he's not going to change.

But the important thing to recognize is that Ray is operating exactly the way a virus does: he infects someone morally the way a virus infects someone physically and that infected person then goes on to infect other people with Christianity's pernicious message that you need Jesus to be saved from hell the way a virus infects other cells which then infect other people with the disease the virus causes. There's no difference in mechanism between the two.

Old 01-30-2023, 01:24 PM

4,640 posts, read 1,789,236 times
Quote:
Do you know any other religion that causes its adherents to go out onto street corners and rant and rave to people walking by to repent or be damned?
Ohfercryinoutloud, thrill.

Do you really think that ALL people in ALL religions do this?

You said before that part of your religious training had to do with Catholicism. When, pray tell, that you, as a Catholic was told to "go onto street corners and rant and rave to people walking by to repent or be damned?"

I'm willing to bet the answer was, "At No Time."

Give it a rest, Thrill. Your hyperbole is worse than that in the bible.

Old 01-30-2023, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mink57 View Post
Ohfercryinoutloud, thrill.

Do you really think that ALL people in ALL religions do this?

You said before that part of your religious training had to do with Catholicism. When, pray tell, that you, as a Catholic was told to "go onto street corners and rant and rave to people walking by to repent or be damned?"

I'm willing to bet the answer was, "At No Time."

Give it a rest, Thrill. Your hyperbole is worse than that in the bible.

No, I don't, Mink. As I said--not all Christians behave this way. But a lot do and the question is WHY do they behave this way? Were they commanded by Jesus to behave this way? Answer me that.

Old 01-30-2023, 01:44 PM

Quote:
No, I don't, Mink. As I said--not all Christians behave this way. But a lot do and the question is WHY do they behave this way? Were they commanded by Jesus to behave this way? Answer me that.

Mink, because we have the same conversation going in two threads I want to focus on what you said over here.

Now what I get from your answer elsewhere is that Christians today should not obey Mark 16:15. Is that what you're saying?

Old 01-30-2023, 01:46 PM

11,073 posts, read 7,142,399 times
Quote:
...not all Christians behave this way. But a lot do and the question is WHY do they behave this way? Were they commanded by Jesus to behave this way?
No, Jesus never directed people to carry on in that way. The churches are to blame for that approach, as well as lots of other stupid things. But we know you'll still damn everything in your slash-and-burn approach.

Old 01-30-2023, 02:06 PM

4,640 posts, read 1,789,236 times
Quote:
A

A lot? A LOT? How many is a LOT?

You seem to base your decisions on a 'few'; not a LOT.

Are there "a LOT" of people in prison right now? Are there "a LOT" of men who lie to women to get sex?

Why do some suppose Christians behave this way?

Ya got me...

WHY some people behave this way is because of free will. Many of them figure that nothing bad will happen to them if they do what they know to be wrong. And some, don't even think they're doing anything wrong. Think of all the 'Karen's' in the world!

One reason why I like the Genesis story about Adam and Eve, is because it really depicts how us...as humans...have this...this...this 'ego' thing going on.

Why do SOME Christians behave this way?

Cuz they ain't Christians in the first place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality