Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2023, 04:25 PM

91 posts, read 24,384 times

Advertisements

Why do they run from simply having their faith or precepts challenged? I thought they were able to support their theology.

Some of you are also on the www.christianityboard.com site.

After several days of engaging them, presenting evidence from the OT itself showing that Jesus was not the Messiah - I got a notice saying "You are BANNED, heretic!" Yes, I'm paraphrasing.

Why was I banned without even a warning?

"Rule Violation!"

What rule did I violate? I can't even ask them because.... I am BANNED!

So much for them having confidence in their apologetics. Cowards.

Old 03-11-2023, 04:38 PM

10,043 posts, read 4,968,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaffer324 View Post
Why do they run from simply having their faith or precepts challenged? I thought they were able to support their theology.
After several days of engaging them, presenting evidence from the OT itself showing that Jesus was not the Messiah - I got a notice saying "You are BANNED, heretic!" Yes, I'm paraphrasing.
Why was I banned without even a warning? "Rule Violation!"
I find it is Not Christians who are so insecure in their Faith, but rather the MANY Jesus warned about at Matt. 7:21-23

Old 03-11-2023, 04:55 PM

33,243 posts, read 26,455,707 times
Quote:

"Rule Violation!"

So prove, or provide evidence from the OT that Jesus is not the Messiah. Keep in mind that the NT does present Jesus as the Messiah. Keep in mind also that the reason many or most Jews of Jesus' day rejected Jesus as the Messiah was because he did not meet the Jewish expectation of what the Messiah was to be and claimed that he did not fulfill the OT prophecies about the Messiah, which is easily explained by the fact that while Jesus did fulfill certain OT prophecies about the Messiah, certain other ones were and are to be fulfilled when he returns.

For instance, in Luke 4:18-19 Jesus quotes part of the prophecy in Isaiah 61:1 and following. The part that he quoted he says was fulfilled. But the remainder of the prophecy which he did not quote is to be fulfilled at his second appearance or coming.

Last edited by Michael Way; 03-11-2023 at 05:34 PM..

Old 03-11-2023, 04:56 PM

6,797 posts, read 2,910,085 times
Quote:

"Rule Violation!"

I'm not sure if the ^ site was the one that I participated in many years ago, but I was similarly banned either from that forum or from another forum for actually debating a particular topic under discussion. I can't even remember the topic. I was evidently seen as a threat since I was seen to be questioning the site party line, ...i.e., only those who are in agreement with our beliefs are allowed to participate. No debating allowed. So yes, there are any number of Christians that are insecure in their faith. And yes, it is cowardly when they become so afraid or unable to defend their beliefs, or, more likely, the beliefs of their particular denomination.

Old 03-11-2023, 05:04 PM

10,043 posts, read 4,968,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
................... So yes, there are any number of Christians that are insecure in their faith. And yes, it is cowardly when they become so afraid or unable to defend their beliefs, or, more likely, the beliefs of their particular denomination.
Jesus said both 'wheat and weed' would grow together over the centuries until the separating Harvest Time.
So, the fake 'weed/tares' would be the ones who are insecure in their faith.
The ' weeds' make up the MANY Jesus mentioned at Matt. 7:21-23

Old 03-11-2023, 05:26 PM

4,640 posts, read 1,793,098 times
Quote:

"Rule Violation!"

Did you even read their forum rules before you began posting?

I'm willing to bet the answer is 'no'.

Old 03-11-2023, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mink57 View Post
Did you even read their forum rules before you began posting?

I'm willing to bet the answer is 'no'.
Of course I read them. You lose.

Old 03-11-2023, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Of course I read them. You lose.
If you read them, you'd know what rule you violated.

Old 03-11-2023, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
I'm not sure if the ^ site was the one that I participated in many years ago, but I was similarly banned either from that forum or from another forum for actually debating a particular topic under discussion. I can't even remember the topic. I was evidently seen as a threat since I was seen to be questioning the site party line, ...i.e., only those who are in agreement with our beliefs are allowed to participate. No debating allowed. So yes, there are any number of Christians that are insecure in their faith. And yes, it is cowardly when they become so afraid or unable to defend their beliefs, or, more likely, the beliefs of their particular denomination.
Yeah, I have more respect for sites that just come out and say "Only Christians Allowed". I mean, they're cowards, but at least they recognize it.

Old 03-11-2023, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Yeah, I have more respect for sites that just come out and say "Only Christians Allowed". I mean, they're cowards, but at least they recognize it.
The site you linked DOES state that on particular sub-forums.

It has nothing to do with them being "cowards."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.