Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2023, 08:56 AM

412 posts, read 138,525 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post

bold above recognizes "the fact that the New Testament fosters antisemitism."

when you speak and adopt and perpetuate the same antisemitism from the New Testament, then you are doing the same. you are expressing the same antisemitism by repeating the teachings and engaging in the beliefs. You are responsible for your speech, thought, beliefs, behavior, and actions.

"what can you do" the post asks above? Take responsibility for your speech. Stop blaming others. If you recognize something incites hate and violence, then stop doing the same yourself.

it's like someone in a forum discussing African American culture, who keeps using the N word and repeating crude epithets and pejoratives, then says they are not responsible for what they say, and says oh that's in the past they can say whatever they want. and then when it is pointed out, doubling down and claiming people are "thin-skinned" for pointing out why their own behavior is objectionable.

you state you are not antisemitic, but you engage in and repeat the very same antisemitic views and teachings. and then when its pointed out, you deny it is a problem, and fail to connect the dots. and you keep doing it.
OT: Is it possible that posters get notifications when other posters post? Because whenever you or CB2008 post, it is almost guaranteed that at least two certain posters will respond in some manner, no matter the time or thread topic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2023, 09:53 AM

4,085 posts, read 886,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
Why would you say that? Rosends is a rabbi. He's arguably the most knowledgeable person posting here about Judaism. He probably know more about Judaism and the Jewish view of Scripture than any other member we have. Anyone wanting to understand the Jewish perspective would do well to listen to him.
I have been debating him and he is not knowledgeable he says blood didn't have to be shed. I have already explained it to you before that Jesus says not to call anyone Rabbi, and you are doing it and want me to go by someone who goes against Jesus and rejects him, but I won't. The Jews since Jesus go by the Talmud, many teachings that are not in the Old Testament and teachings that came after Jesus.

You are not unbiased when it comes to me because I prove false teachings and know the truth. So no matter what I say you will go against me.
Just because your beliefs are that no one knows the truth it does not make it so and it doesn't mean I have to believe that I don't know the truth.

Old 05-11-2023, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
I don't think anyone believes that poster really seeks to understand the Jewish perspective. It interferes with his "truth" narrative.
What else are you going to say about a Christian when you speak about my God the way you do?

Old 05-11-2023, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Those Jews believed, and still believe, in G-d.
That doesn't even make any sense.

Quote:
Believing in G-d has nothing to do whatsoever with accepting Jesus unless you have a particular faith viewpoint.
Then what is your problem with my speaking about God?
This is a debate site and I can explain my beliefs and know I have the truth.

Quote:
As for being "saved", we'll all find out in the end.
No, I don't have to wait until the end. That is your beliefs.

Old 05-11-2023, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
One and only sacrifice - Hebrews 9:26 Otherwise Christ would have had to suffer many times since the creation of the world. But he has appeared once for all at the culmination of the ages to do away with sin by the sacrifice of himself.
I have been explaining that Jesus is the last sacrifice once and for all. So what is your point in repeating what I said?

Quote:
In heaven - Hebrews 9:23-24 It was necessary, then, for the copies of the heavenly things to be purified with these sacrifices, (the Temple sacrifice in Jerusalem) but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these. For Christ did not enter a sanctuary made with human hands that was only a copy (the Temple in Jerusalem) of the true one; he entered heaven itself, now to appear for us in God’s presence.
Jesus still had to die on earth and then raise himself from the dead and then ascend to heaven.

Quote:

You are ignoring the Bible when it says something you do not like.
That is what you are doing.

Quote:
Hebrews 9 says Jesus is NOT an annual sacrifice, he was sacrificed once. Hebrews 9:27 Just as people are destined to die once, and after that to face judgment, 28 so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many:

Yom Kippur is once a year.
Jesus takes the place of all the sacrifices because all the sacrifices were about him, as were the special days.

Quote:

Hebrews 9 IS scripture. Read the whole thing. In fact read Hebrews 7 - 10, where it talks about the two temples, one on earth where Yom Kippur was celebrated once a year with a sacrifice by priests, the other in heaven, not built by human hands, and where the sacrifice with the blood of Jesus took place.
Again, all the purification works of the law about Jesus, and he came and fulfilled them all.

Quote:

Your inability to understand is not my problem.
You just like taking those jabs don't you?

Old 05-11-2023, 10:16 AM

2,676 posts, read 1,271,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus'Truth View Post
I have been debating him and he is not knowledgeable he says blood didn't have to be shed.
I said it? No, Leviticus 5:11-13 says it and I note you haven't dealt with those verses.

Quote:
The Jews since Jesus go by the Talmud, many teachings that are not in the Old Testament and teachings that came after Jesus.
Actually, the Jews before Jesus and, in fact, Jesus himself lived by the talmud as a way to understand the written law.

Old 05-11-2023, 10:31 AM

412 posts, read 138,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosends View Post
I said it? No, Leviticus 5:11-13 says it and I note you haven't dealt with those verses.

Actually, the Jews before Jesus and, in fact, Jesus himself lived by the talmud as a way to understand the written law.
It would be nice to discuss the Talmud here on this forum; unfortunately, some of the parts of it may be more than the forum can withstand.

Old 05-11-2023, 10:50 AM

16,809 posts, read 5,011,156 times
Quote:
I have been explaining that Jesus is the last sacrifice once and for all. So what is your point in repeating what I said?
You asked me to. Why do you ask for evidence and then complain when someone takes the time to provide that evidence?

Quote:
Jesus still had to die on earth and then raise himself from the dead and then ascend to heaven.
Which contradicts Hebrews 9, which says the sacrice of Jesus was in heaven. You asked for the scripture, I gave you the scripture, why are you ignoring what the scripture literally says?

Quote:
That is what you are doing.
No.

Quote:
Again, all the purification works of the law about Jesus, and he came and fulfilled them all.
Again you say something irrelevant to what you quoted. You asked for the scripture, I gave you the scripture (and the Cliff notes), you need to respond to THAT.

Quote:
You just like taking those jabs don't you?
You said I was confused. I responded. Do not throw the first punch when you do not know how to box. Gandhi.

Old 05-11-2023, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I've already told you that I think what you preach is bull toddy. So I'm not a bit worried...anymore than you're worried about your karmic destiny in Buddhism.
That is our choice.

Old 05-11-2023, 11:07 AM

Quote:
You asked me to. Why do you ask for evidence and then complain when someone takes the time to provide that evidence?
Show where I asked for evidence that Jesus was the sacrifice. I have been explaining to you that Jesus is the sacrifice.

Quote:

Which contradicts Hebrews 9, which says the sacrice of Jesus was in heaven.
It says no such thing.
The scriptures say the earthly tabernacle was a copy of the heavenly one and Jesus entered the heavenly one.

It doesn't mean he didn't die on earth. He was sacrificed on the cross.

You don't understand that sacrificed is about being killed?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality