Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2023, 07:41 PM

4,085 posts, read 883,024 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosends View Post
You gave a bunch of things, but one was the statement that connects blood and atonement in your mind. That verse was in the section about eating blood.

I said for atonement, flour can be used. I cited the verses. Didn't you read them?

You have only proven that you don't read scripture very well if at all.

What are you talking about? I never said blood was required. It's like you aren't reading what I write.
I'm not going to discuss this with you anymore you are playing games.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2023, 07:43 PM

4,085 posts, read 883,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Dying naturally is one thing. Being murdered is something very different. And murdering any living thing for a blood sacrafice is just plain sick.
You have been warned what will happen to you.

Old 05-10-2023, 07:44 PM

50,867 posts, read 24,371,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus'Truth View Post
You have been warned what will happen to you.
I've already told you that I think what you preach is bull toddy. So I'm not a bit worried...anymore than you're worried about your karmic destiny in Buddhism.

Old 05-11-2023, 04:18 AM

16,798 posts, read 4,996,217 times
Quote:
Prove it what you are saying.
One and only sacrifice - Hebrews 9:26 Otherwise Christ would have had to suffer many times since the creation of the world. But he has appeared once for all at the culmination of the ages to do away with sin by the sacrifice of himself.

In heaven - Hebrews 9:23-24 It was necessary, then, for the copies of the heavenly things to be purified with these sacrifices, (the Temple sacrifice in Jerusalem) but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these. For Christ did not enter a sanctuary made with human hands that was only a copy (the Temple in Jerusalem) of the true one; he entered heaven itself, now to appear for us in God’s presence.

Quote:
Why do you think I am lecturing you when I reply to you, and why do you say I am ignoring something you said and that I don't like it? Please don't talk about me like that. Just explain yourself better and show where you say I am doing something.
You are ignoring the Bible when it says something you do not like.

Quote:
Jesus is more than just an annual sacrifice. Give the scripture that says he is.
Hebrews 9 says Jesus is NOT an annual sacrifice, he was sacrificed once. Hebrews 9:27 Just as people are destined to die once, and after that to face judgment, 28 so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many;

Quote:
People had to have animals sacrificed for them year after year---that doesn't mean once a year. Animals were being sacrificed daily.
Yom Kippur is once a year.

Quote:
Give the exact scripture that says he was not sacrificed on earth.

Why do you just keep saying Hebrews 9? Give the exact scripture that you think says Jesus wasn't sacrificed on earth. No such thing as cherry picking being a defense for you.
Hebrews 9 IS scripture. Read the whole thing. In fact read Hebrews 7 - 10, where it talks about the two temples, one on earth where Yom Kippur was celebrated once a year with a sacrifice by priests, the other in heaven, not built by human hands, and where the sacrifice with the blood of Jesus took place.

Quote:
Give the exact scripture you want to discuss.
Hebrews 9:12 He did not enter by means of the blood of goats and calves (the Temple goat is the atonement goat, not the scapegoat); but he entered the Most Holy Place once for all by his own blood, thus obtaining eternal redemption.

Quote:
You seem very confused.
Your inability to understand is not my problem.

Old 05-11-2023, 04:22 AM

16,682 posts, read 15,688,422 times
Quote:
I'm not going to discuss this with you anymore you are playing games.
Why would you say that? Rosends is a rabbi. He's arguably the most knowledgeable person posting here about Judaism. He probably know more about Judaism and the Jewish view of Scripture than any other member we have. Anyone wanting to understand the Jewish perspective would do well to listen to him.

Old 05-11-2023, 06:24 AM

10,101 posts, read 6,444,912 times
Quote:
Right. However, there were Jews who did not help get Jesus killed.

You think it is honorable to be one of those who helped get Jesus killed because we have salvation through his blood that was shed on the cross when he was killed. However, those who helped get Jesus killed were sinner Jews who didn't have faith in God before Jesus came and so were hardened by God to not be able to hear Jesus and get saved while Jesus was on the earth. Judge for yourself which is better. Paul talks about those Jews saying then why does God blame us? Think about if more.
Those Jews believed, and still believe, in G-d. Believing in G-d has nothing to do whatsoever with accepting Jesus unless you have a particular faith viewpoint. As for being "saved", we'll all find out in the end.

Old 05-11-2023, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I like this question and the attitude in which it is presented, Bungalove. There is only ONE Jesus as HE presented Himself. The interpretations of Him in the dominant dogma are primitive and barbaric and were protected by the nonsense of heresy for more than two millennia. I realize your question is about the experiences I had and why they are different from others. I had NO concept of Jesus or God prior to my encounter because I did not believe in such nonsense as an atheist!

I had NO expectations to be confirmed or denied. I was completely taken aback by it since it rendered questionable what I at the time took to be irrefutable truth about Reality. I cannot speak to the experiences of others or why they differ except that the early indoctrination by religion does seem to have a profound influence. The (IMO absurd) "precepts and doctrines of men" that I found and still find ridiculous undoubtedly play a large role in how people interpret their experiences. If the FOLLOWERS of Jesus were NOT Jews, what were they? Jesus was a Jew. I realize that Jesus did not meet the expectations promulgated for the Moshiach. But a great deal of His impact long after His death and well into our times can be found in (interpreted without preconceptions) scripture deemed prophetic, IMO. When combined with His match to the consciousness of God I encountered, that is a strong coincidence, again IMO.
When you say if the followers of Jesus were NOT Jews, what (or rather, who) were they? Jerusalem was a popular, beautiful city referred to in the book of Lamentations as "The perfection of beauty" and "The joy of all the world". There was a fairly large wealthy Roman community whose needs were supplied by traders of goods from foreign lands, who provided things like ivory, incense, expensive imported foods, and things made of gold and silver. These things were not bought by Jews. There were also numerous travelers and visitors to the city and its large open-air theater in the Upper City which had been built by Herod the Great, where Greek and Roman dramas were presented. However, these entertainments were considered immoral by most traditional Jews and scorned by them. So there were a lot of people in Jerusalem at the time Jesus was there who were NOT Jews who could have been his original followers.

Old 05-11-2023, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
Why would you say that? Rosends is a rabbi. He's arguably the most knowledgeable person posting here about Judaism. He probably know more about Judaism and the Jewish view of Scripture than any other member we have. Anyone wanting to understand the Jewish perspective would do well to listen to him.
I don't think anyone believes that poster really seeks to understand the Jewish perspective. It interferes with his "truth" narrative.

Old 05-11-2023, 07:50 AM

22,240 posts, read 19,245,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Duly Noted???? What do you imagine I can do to acknowledge and take responsibility for the fact that the New Testament fosters antisemitism??? It was created by JEWS who followed Jesus who is a JEW, Are you suggesting that they were antisemitic??? My focus is on JESUS as He is presented in the New Testament because His mind (Holy Spirit) matches the consciousness of God that I encountered.

Jesus is NOT and was NOT antisemitic and neither am I. It is as simple as that. Do you expect me to discard my beliefs and the decades of effort that support them??? Or do you just want me to shut up and not express my views (or lie about them)??? These very negative posts of yours border on the unforgivable (the actual topic of another thread).

bold above recognizes "the fact that the New Testament fosters antisemitism."

when you speak and adopt and perpetuate the same antisemitism from the New Testament, then you are doing the same. you are expressing the same antisemitism by repeating the teachings and engaging in the beliefs. You are responsible for your speech, thought, beliefs, behavior, and actions.

"what can you do" the post asks above? Take responsibility for your speech. Stop blaming others. If you recognize something incites hate and violence, then stop doing the same yourself.

it's like someone in a forum discussing African American culture, who keeps using the N word and repeating crude epithets and pejoratives, then says they are not responsible for what they say, and says oh that's in the past they can say whatever they want. and then when it is pointed out, doubling down and claiming people are "thin-skinned" for pointing out why their own behavior is objectionable.

you state you are not antisemitic, but you engage in and repeat the very same antisemitic views and teachings. and then when its pointed out, you deny it is a problem, and fail to connect the dots. and you keep doing it.

Old 05-11-2023, 08:42 AM

50,867 posts, read 24,371,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post

bold above recognizes "the fact that the New Testament fosters antisemitism."

when you speak and adopt and perpetuate the same antisemitism from the New Testament, then you are doing the same. you are expressing the same antisemitism by repeating the teachings and engaging in the beliefs. You are responsible for your speech, thought, beliefs, behavior, and actions.

"what can you do" the post asks above? Take responsibility for your speech. Stop blaming others. If you recognize something incites hate and violence, then stop doing the same yourself.

it's like someone in a forum discussing African American culture, who keeps using the N word and repeating crude epithets and pejoratives, then says they are not responsible for what they say, and says oh that's in the past they can say whatever they want. and then when it is pointed out, doubling down and claiming people are "thin-skinned" for pointing out why their own behavior is objectionable.

you state you are not antisemitic, but you engage in and repeat the very same antisemitic views and teachings. and then when its pointed out, you deny it is a problem, and fail to connect the dots. and you keep doing it.
I'm not quite sure how it can be antisemitic when you have claimed dozens of times that all religions are simply different paths to the same destination.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality