Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2023, 05:43 PM

50,860 posts, read 24,359,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus'Truth View Post
That is you bearing false witness.

That is about those who claim someone is going to hell before the appointed time.

It is also about those who sin and judge others for the sinning.

You don't have understanding and it is why you use the scriptures falsely.
I spent decades in Methodist and then Catholic Church.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2023, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Who cares what you believe about Jesus?

The Bible is his book and he says what to do to know and have knowledge.

All you have are worthless opinions when it comes to trying to teach about the Bible.
Apparently you do since you keep responding to what I post.

I'm not trying to teach you about the bible. And "we" wish you would stop trying to teach us. We know how to read, if we wish to read.

Old 04-30-2023, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Jesus tells us to remain in him. You obviously did not obey and do that which he says to do.
Exactly. I learned to stop listening to false prophets.

Old 04-30-2023, 05:52 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,931,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
I'd like to move past all the quarreling and get back to the topic of the thread. Here is an observation from a critic of the idea that Jesus was prophesied in the OT. This is what I've been saying:

"To position Jesus as fulfiller of prophecy, Matthew chooses descriptive details from Isaiah and crafts them into elaborations on the reports and clues that he found in Mark. The reason Jesus' movements match the words of prophecy so closely—though not exactly—is that Matthew has derived Jesus' itinerary from those very words."

https://www.westarinstitute.org/edit...lfill-prophecy

In other words, Matthew had nothing to base his gospel on since Jesus never existed. So he opened the OT and searched for various details that he could then wove into his story of the Christian avatar god man, Jesus. Isaiah 53 was ripe with juicy adjective of a suffering person and that was an ideal portrait of a Messiah so Matthew incorporated the entire chapter into his story.

Take Matthew 2:23 for example.

Nowhere in the Old Testament does the statement, "He shall be called a Nazarene" appear. Yet Matthew tries to pass this off as an OT prophecy about Jesus--even though the supposed "prophecy" appears nowhere in the Bible!!!!

https://apologeticspress.org/where-w...nazarene-3582/

Old 04-30-2023, 05:54 PM

17,810 posts, read 13,708,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post

I'm not trying to teach you about the bible. And "we" wish you would stop trying to teach us. We know how to read, if we wish to read.
Sorry sir, you don't have the secret Jesus decoder ring. If you try to read the The Gospels and the letters of Paul.... it is going to be all Greek to you.

Old 04-30-2023, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Sorry sir, you don't have the secret Jesus decoder ring. If you try to read the The Gospels and the letters of Paul.... it is going to be all Greek to you.
I'm waiting for it to come as a vision...you know...rays of light streaming down from above, and a glowing Jesus comes down an escalator out of a velvet cloud of heavenly mist....oh wait...wrong nightmare.

Old 04-30-2023, 06:32 PM

845 posts, read 509,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJFRudsill View Post
Why would the term " PIERCED ", always used scripturally in every other instance in application to the singular be used in this one instance in mis-application referring to multiple war dead ?

Are you even aware of how many scriptural one-offs you create in this flailing & feeble attempt to eviscerate the mighty monosyllables of God.

Not the mention the conspicuous places these misapplied scriptural one-offs are always turning up.

One thing I hope that we can both agree on is that there are a large number of battles with war dead detailed in the scripture other than the one you mention of King Josiah being killed in?

Out of all those other multiple descriptions of wars & battles, can you name just one other instance of the word "PIERCED" being used to describe multiple war dead ?

And when you fail to be able to do that could you please tell me why it is never used anywhere else in scripture. where multiple war dead are being spoken of ?
You have things so confused. Just listen to this when you get some time.

https://outreachjudaism.org/zechariah-1210/

Old 04-30-2023, 07:30 PM

4,085 posts, read 882,186 times
Quote:
Who cares what you believe about Jesus? I am trying to tell you what you are teaching wrong. You don't understand that?

Quote:

I'm not trying to teach you about the bible.
You sure are trying to. You don't know what you do?

Quote:

And "we" wish you would stop trying to teach us. We know how to read, if we wish to read.
Reading isn't how you will get knowledge. You only get knowledge from God by obeying Him.

Old 04-30-2023, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Exactly. I learned to stop listening to false prophets.
Which is proof you didn't obey him and have the way to gain knowledge and know him.

Old 04-30-2023, 07:37 PM

Quote:
I spent decades in Methodist and then Catholic Church.
You think that is how you get wisdom and understanding from God about His written words? Both those denominations teach against what the Bible says.

We don't get knowledge and understanding by joining a denomination. We get knowledge and understanding from God by obeying Jesus' commands.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality