Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2023, 09:49 AM

50,837 posts, read 24,347,720 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus'Truth View Post
That is what people do who have no defense for their false beliefs, they resort to personal attacks.
You ought to read, objectively, some of your own posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2023, 10:12 AM

4,085 posts, read 881,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
You ought to read, objectively, some of your own posts.
Can you stop yourself from speaking falseness about me?

Old 05-01-2023, 10:22 AM

2,676 posts, read 1,266,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJFRudsill View Post
So if all the mourning was done for Jewish war dead, who had been "pierced", coincidently just as was the Roman custom for determining if crucified people had expired, like Jesus Christ, and all the wounding "between the hands " LOL, had been deservedly done to a deceitful false prophet as it rightfully should have been done:

Zec 12:10¶
.. and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn."

Zec 13:6
And one shall say unto him, What are these wounds in thine hands? Then he shall answer, Those with which I was wounded in the house of my friends.

WHY would this legitimate and upright behavior cause the very next action taken by the Lord of Hosts to be the slaughter of over half of these righteous Jewish people, who are in mourning no less ?

Zec 13:8
"And it shall come to pass, that in all the land, saith the LORD, two parts therein shall be cut off and die; but the third shall be left therein."

The consequence of twisting & papering over the inspired Word of God by the burdened, withered & weak soul is that it manifestly loses all it's Divine light ,
supernatural continuity, and beneficent splendor.
Crafting a sad story into an even sadder one by desperately trying to self-manufacture comfort and rest for the staggard soul through the twisting & manipulation of God's Word.
All the while ignoring & failing to realize the very real & Divine gracious pleading of upward ascent that has been beckoning them since the beginning, and still does today.
Friend come up Higher !
and using improper translations which lead to incorrect conclusions is a weak way to construct a theology.

Old 05-01-2023, 10:42 AM

18,250 posts, read 16,928,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosends View Post
and using improper translations which lead to incorrect conclusions is a weak way to construct a theology.
It can clearly be seen that Matthew ripped off whole-cloth lines from Psalm 22 to incorporate into his Jesus story:

* My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?

* they hurl insults, shaking their heads. “He trusts in the LORD,” they say, “let the LORD rescue him. Let him deliver him, since he delights in him.”

* Dogs surround me, a pack of villains encircles me; they pierce my hands and my feet.

* They divide my clothes among them and cast lots for my garment.

These were plagiarized by Matthew and written into his gospel to make it appear Jesus fulfilled these when in reality they had nothing to do with Jesus. "Pierced my hands and feet" has nothing to do with crucifixion. It's the wild animals' teeth that pierce his hands and feet when they bite him. It says so right there. Matthew just conveniently left that part off because it didn't fit his propaganda ploy.

Another sad example of Christian propaganda designed to con dumb gullible pagans into joining Christianity.

Old 05-01-2023, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
It can clearly be seen that Matthew ripped off whole-cloth lines from Psalm 22 to incorporate into his Jesus story:

* My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?

* they hurl insults, shaking their heads. “He trusts in the LORD,” they say, “let the LORD rescue him. Let him deliver him, since he delights in him.”

* Dogs surround me, a pack of villains encircles me; they pierce my hands and my feet.

* They divide my clothes among them and cast lots for my garment.

These were plagiarized by Matthew and written into his gospel to make it appear Jesus fulfilled these when in reality they had nothing to do with Jesus. "Pierced my hands and feet" has nothing to do with crucifixion. It's the wild animals' teeth that pierce his hands and feet when they bite him. It says so right there. Matthew just conveniently left that part off because it didn't fit his propaganda ploy.

Another sad example of Christian propaganda designed to con dumb gullible pagans.
In Psalm 22, there is no mention of piercing. I'm not sure why translators use "forsaken" for "azavtani." ayin-z-b/v means "leave". Gen 2:24 uses the same root but the translators don't use "forsake". Strange.

Old 05-01-2023, 12:12 PM

Quote:
In Psalm 22, there is no mention of piercing. I'm not sure why translators use "forsaken" for "azavtani." ayin-z-b/v means "leave". Gen 2:24 uses the same root but the translators don't use "forsake". Strange.

It's not strange when you consider that the Christians wanted their avatar man god Jesus crucified. They wanted the story to read "His hands were pierced with Roman nails". The Psalm line originally was "They dug" my hands and feet כָּאֲרווּ ka’aru. However, the Christian storytellers liked the word, "pierced" better because it sounded more dramatic and conveyed better the idea of a nail piercing flesh rather than digging it. It's all about the drama, folks, not the truth.

https://torahresource.com/psalm-2216-like-lion-pierced/

Old 05-01-2023, 12:23 PM

63,818 posts, read 40,109,822 times
Quote:
The issue is compounded by the interpretative flexibility of Hebrew (the language of God, IMO), rosends. The easiest interpretations are carnal or worldly, but the deeper interpretations are spiritual and should be the source of theology. Invariably, the carnal interpretations get translated, IMO.

Old 05-01-2023, 12:31 PM

Quote:
It's not strange when you consider that the Christians wanted their avatar man god Jesus crucified. They wanted the story to read "His hands were pierced with Roman nails". The Psalm line originally was "They dug" my hands and feet כָּאֲרווּ ka’aru. However, the Christian storytellers liked the word, "pierced" better because it sounded more dramatic and conveyed better the idea of a nail piercing flesh rather than digging it. It's all about the drama, folks, not the truth.

https://torahresource.com/psalm-2216-like-lion-pierced/
The word is actually "ka'ari" like a lion. If you go to this link and download the pdf there, you can see the discussion on pages 6-7.
https://uriyosef.wordpress.com/2021/...xion-scenario/

For it to be "ka'aru" (not spelled as you have it, though) it would be an incorrect conjugation of the root verb.
https://judaism.stackexchange.com/qu...22/66398#66398

This video explains the way that ancient scribes ended certain words which explains why the elongated letter is still a Yod.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MImJI68_-Po&t=98s

Last edited by rosends; 05-01-2023 at 12:51 PM..

Old 05-01-2023, 12:57 PM

13,626 posts, read 7,946,598 times
Quote:
Prophecy about Jesus according to Christians:

“The scepter will not depart from Judah,
nor the ruler’s staff from between his feet,
until he to whom it belongs shall come
and the obedience of the nations shall be his” (Genesis 49:10).

Does anyone see even a hint of Jesus' name in there, or anything about a future event. This could be about anyone. It's just vague flowery poetry about nobody in particular, certainly not about the Messiah.
It could only be talking about a ruler who comes from the line of Judah and holds all nations subservient to His rule.

There is only one person this could possibly apply to.

You say it's "vague", but who else could it be about?

Old 05-01-2023, 01:13 PM

Quote:
The word is actually "ka'ari" like a lion. If you go to this link and download the pdf there, you can see the discussion on pages 6-7.
https://uriyosef.wordpress.com/2021/...xion-scenario/

For it to be "ka'aru" (not spelled as you have it, though) it would be an incorrect conjugation of the root verb.
https://judaism.stackexchange.com/qu...22/66398#66398

This video explains the way that ancient scribes ended certain words which explains why the elongated letter is still a Yod.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MImJI68_-Po&t=98s

You sound like an expert on Hebrew. I'll defer to you. All I know is that "pierced" is not the original word and that churchmen would use any devious devices they had to like changing words to better sell their avatar man god Jesus to dumb as fence-post pagans. This is a perfect example.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality