Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2023, 08:41 PM

50,860 posts, read 24,359,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus'Truth View Post
And? Shall we ask others here to share the bad things they think of you?
That's fine. People do. But I don't think it's a very christian attitude you're displaying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2023, 08:54 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,931,760 times
Quote:
You falsely judged me as arrogant and you should not have. I am a very humble person.

ar·ro·gant
adjective
having or revealing an exaggerated sense of one's own importance or abilities.

Yep, that's Jesus'Truth.

Old 04-29-2023, 08:55 PM

Quote:
You will have to obey Jesus to find out for yourself.
No thank you. Been there. Done that. Trashed.

Old 04-29-2023, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Thrill is the one who posted scriptures in the OP, did you bother to read those?
Nope. I no longer read scriptures since I simply don't believe. If you folks worried more about principles than proofs, you'd be a lot better off.

Old 04-29-2023, 09:02 PM

Quote:
You don't know the truth because you would have to do what he says to do for him to show you.

So all you have is opinion and no experience in the truth...according to Jesus.

Was that an answer to my question, "Is there ANYTHING that could convince you Jesus is just a fabricated god?" Because if it was your response just flew right over my head just like a Boeing X-37. My hair's still hugging the door to the study.

Old 04-29-2023, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
No one, least of all me, is terrified of you. You are simply too tiny to pay any attention to. You remind me of a little mouse trying to roar like a lion but still squeaking like a mouse.

See what I mean? Mike's terrified of me. And why shouldn't you be? For every tidbit of "proof" you throw out that the gospels Jesus is real, Mike I throw out a dissertation that he isn't. Check my last 6 or so threads. When have you ever matched even a tenth of that kind of detail?

Hey, Mike everyone is hoping for a knock-down, drag-out debate between us on the topic of this thread. Let's give it to them. I'm game. I promise to go easy on you. What do you say?

Last edited by thrillobyte; 04-29-2023 at 09:36 PM..

Old 04-30-2023, 05:50 AM

845 posts, read 509,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJFRudsill View Post
"between my hands" being a selected phrase for the possible ,maybe, perhaps intent of meaning "on the body" is certainly a bizarre enough translation to qualify for a thread about "twisted" OT scriptures I will grant you that.

But for myself I am calling Buffalo Chips on that bit of mental gymnastics
Again, you are missing context, which I explained (lashes being a punishment.) "Between" is not "in." What is between your hands? Your body. And if that's buffalo chips mental gymnastics, thinking this phasing, in this context, is a foretelling of crucifixion.

Here's a piece of mental gymnastics. We know Romans didn't put nails through hands in crucifixion. Nails through the heel bone and arms tied around crossbar.

And again, the person with the marks admits he's a false prophet and is being punished for it.

Last edited by WestRiverTraveler; 04-30-2023 at 06:40 AM..

Old 04-30-2023, 07:37 AM

2,676 posts, read 1,267,142 times
Gen 16:9 uses "tachat" not "bein" (under not between).

Old 04-30-2023, 08:05 AM

22,229 posts, read 19,238,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJFRudsill View Post
This clearly does not point to Jesus you are right.
So what are the OT passages that speak to the coming Messiah ?
You might take look at the specific passages that are strictly forbidden to be spoken out loud in the Jewish Houses of worship to this day if you really want to know ?
Easy enough to find out, google it .
Do you really think that you know better than the learned Jewish Rabbis & scholars which passages must be stricken from the Torah, and for what offensive implication they give?
there is no "forbidden chapter"
there is no "conspiracy"

post above is propagating a ploy used by crstn missionaries. and it perpetuates the false claim that "learned Jewish Rabbis and scholars" do this and have "stricken it from the Torah. "

"If there is a conspiracy, it is by missionaries. They hide the plain and obvious meaning of Isaiah 53 by reading it out of context and by mistranslating crucial words to fit Jesus into the chapter."

Jews for Judaism article Debunking the forbidden chapter conspiracy

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 04-30-2023 at 08:20 AM..

Old 04-30-2023, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
You are talking about Michael Way, I'm sure. Bring him on. Mike is terrified of me, that's why he always hides behind, "I'm not going to waste my time arguing with you. To hell with you." (Yes, he once said that to me.)

Note: our history of being nemeses to one another goes back to 2008 even when I was a Christian. Check out my 2008 threads and the nasty things he said to me even back then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
No one, least of all me, is terrified of you. You are simply too tiny to pay any attention to. You remind me of a little mouse trying to roar like a lion but still squeaking like a mouse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
See what I mean? Mike's terrified of me. And why shouldn't you be? For every tidbit of "proof" you throw out that the gospels Jesus is real, Mike I throw out a dissertation that he isn't. Check my last 6 or so threads. When have you ever matched even a tenth of that kind of detail?

Hey, Mike everyone is hoping for a knock-down, drag-out debate between us on the topic of this thread. Let's give it to them. I'm game. I promise to go easy on you. What do you say?

See Mike.
See Mike run.
Run. Run. Run.

You saw folks. It was Michael Way throwing the insults and name-calling. I was perfectly civil. I extended the invitation to debate with him. And Mike takes a powder.

Well, I tried. I offered, Mike declined and took an ignoble exit. I guess that proves he IS terrified of debating me after all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality