Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2023, 03:41 PM

1,341 posts, read 657,306 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus'Truth View Post
Thanks, compwiz02. Glad you thought of me and asked me to debate Thrillobyte. It's good to be back, even though you are being a false judge calling me arrogant.
I called Thrillo arrogant as well and he defended himself saying what I call "arrogant", he calls confidence in himself based on him supporting his statements with facts and evidence. He openly admitted that there is no way you can know 100% everything about Christianity, yet he is constantly saying how Christians are afraid of admitting the truth that Jesus is a myth. but hey, lets focus on the present. I'm excited to learn something between you and Thrillo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2023, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
You are talking about Michael Way, I'm sure. Bring him on. Mike is terrified of me, that's why he always hides behind, "I'm not going to waste my time arguing with you. To hell with you." (Yes, he once said that to me.)

Note: our history of being nemeses to one another goes back to 2008 even when I was a Christian. Check out my 2008 threads and the nasty things he said to me even back then.
lol no. I'm talking about JesusTruth who I have convinced to come back to the forums. I've seen JesusTruth debated against many Christians on this forum and he is always very confident in his beliefs. I'll be honest and say that his arguments may be better than Mike's because JesusTruth uses beliefs that are not attached to any particular denomination.

Old 04-29-2023, 03:56 PM

33,252 posts, read 26,470,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
You are talking about Michael Way, I'm sure. Bring him on. Mike is terrified of me, that's why he always hides behind, "I'm not going to waste my time arguing with you. To hell with you." (Yes, he once said that to me.)

Note: our history of being nemeses to one another goes back to 2008 even when I was a Christian. Check out my 2008 threads and the nasty things he said to me even back then.
No one, least of all me, is terrified of you. You are simply too tiny to pay any attention to. You remind me of a little mouse trying to roar like a lion but still squeaking like a mouse.

Old 04-29-2023, 04:00 PM

33,252 posts, read 26,470,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compwiz02 View Post
lol no. I'm talking about JesusTruth who I have convinced to come back to the forums. I've seen JesusTruth debated against many Christians on this forum and he is always very confident in his beliefs. I'll be honest and say that his arguments may be better than Mike's because JesusTruth uses beliefs that are not attached to any particular denomination.
If by 'Mike' you are referring to me, I am non-denominational. If you are referring to EscAlaMike, then yes, he is Roman Catholic.

Old 04-29-2023, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
No one, least of all me, is terrified of you. You are simply too tiny to pay any attention to. You remind me of a little mouse trying to roar like a lion but still squeaking like a mouse.
ohhhh damn LOL.....

Quote:
If by 'Mike' you are referring to me, I am non-denominational. If you are referring to EscAlaMike, then yes, he is Roman Catholic.
Yes, I was referring to EscAlaMike who is Roman Catholic. Seems like a lot of people refer to him as "Mike". In my personal opinion, arguments that are not attached to any denomination are stronger than arguments attached to one simply because you get blinded by the beliefs of that particular denomination/church.

Old 04-29-2023, 04:40 PM

845 posts, read 509,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestRiverTraveler View Post
Happy to look this passage. It's yet another example of deliberate mistranslation and taking things out of context. I'll just post the text from a Rabbi's answer and include the link.

"In this post, we take a closer look at what the text of Zechariah 12:10 really says.

10. "I will pour out on the house of David and on the inhabitants of Jerusalem the Spirit of grace and supplication, and they will look onto Me whom (et asher) they have pierced and they will mourn for Him as one mourns for an only son, and they will weep for Him like the weeping over a first born. 11. In that day there will be a great mourning in Jerusalem like the mourning of Hadadrimmon in the plain of Megiddo. 12. and the land will mourn every family by itself; the family of the house of David by itself; and their wives by themselves; the family of the house of Nathan by itself; and their wives by themselves..."
The Christian reading of this passage is somewhat problematic. The words "Me" and "Him" makes it quite obvious that the text is speaking of two different subjects. The gospel of John acknowledged this and therefore rendered the passage as, "they shall look on Him whom they pierced." This New Testament mistranslation of Zechariah in and of itself demonstrates that the New Testament is fallacious.

To interpret this passage that at some future time the "Jewish people shall look unto Me (G-d/Jesus) whom they (the Jewish people) pierced" does not seem to be what John had in mind. It is important to note that according to John, Zechariah's prophesy was fulfilled at the time that the Roman soldiers pierced the side of Jesus. As it says in John 19:36, "For these things came to pass that the scripture might be fulfilled." John saw the two different subjects of Zechariah's passage as the Roman soldiers and Jesus.

"They (the Roman soldiers) shall look on Him (Jesus) whom they (the Roman soldiers) pierced.

There is an additional problem in this passage. The Hebrew words "et asher" are not found very often in scripture. When they do occur together the phrase is read as "concerning whom" or "concerning that" but never as "whom". You can see this by reading the Hebrew original of Ezekiel 36:27. (It is also interesting to note that the Septuagint does not translate "et asher" as "whom." Its translation does not at all resemble the Christian interpretation.)

The correct translation of Zechariah 12:10 should be."they will look onto Me concerning whom they have pierced and they will mourn for him"

This is consistent with the two subjects. By reviewing the context we can also understand of whom this passage is speaking. Starting with the beginning of Zechariah chapter 12 the prophet speaks of a time when the nations of the world will be gathered against Jerusalem to destroy it (Zec 12:3). On that day, G-d Himself will defend Jerusalem and destroy all of its enemies (Zec 12:4-9). G-d will pour out a spirit of grace and supplication toward the Jews. Grace is requested from G-d and supplication are directed to G-d.

This new spirit will motivate the Jewish nation to look towards G-d concerning those Jews (collective Jewish Martyrs) (see Hosea 11:1 for the Jewish people described as him. See Ex.1 etc. verbs of oppression in singular. Cf. Deut 32, Hos 8:3 and Ex. 19:2) who have been killed in battle prior to G-d's divine intervention in fighting our adversaries.

All the inhabitants of Jerusalem will mourn. This has obviously not yet been fulfilled, now or when the Roman soldier looked at Jesus. This understanding is validated by the scriptural description that this mourning in Jerusalem would be "like the mourning of Hadadrimmom in the Valley of Magiddo." This refers to the death of King Josiah who was killed in battle with Pharaoh Neco (2 Kings 23:29-30). After his death all of Judah and Jerusalem mourned for him (2 Chron 35:22-25). In the same way that the Jews mourned over King Josiah who died in battle so too will the Jewish people in the future mourn over their war dead."

https://jewsforjudaism.org/knowledge...zechariah-1210
You must have missed this part (which includes the references to support it):

This is consistent with the two subjects. By reviewing the context we can also understand of whom this passage is speaking. Starting with the beginning of Zechariah chapter 12 the prophet speaks of a time when the nations of the world will be gathered against Jerusalem to destroy it (Zec 12:3). On that day, G-d Himself will defend Jerusalem and destroy all of its enemies (Zec 12:4-9). G-d will pour out a spirit of grace and supplication toward the Jews. Grace is requested from G-d and supplication are directed to G-d.

"This new spirit will motivate the Jewish nation to look towards G-d concerning those Jews (collective Jewish Martyrs) (see Hosea 11:1 for the Jewish people described as him. See Ex.1 etc. verbs of oppression in singular. Cf. Deut 32, Hos 8:3 and Ex. 19:2) who have been killed in battle prior to G-d's divine intervention in fighting our adversaries."

This is somewhat similar to how Christians insist the suffering servant in Isaiah is a singular when it's crystal clear from the context of chapter that the suffering servant is the the Nation of Israeli. Again, we are back to Christians drawing a target around an arrow.

Old 04-29-2023, 04:48 PM

4,085 posts, read 882,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
So is it Jesus or the Holy Spirit who gives out the secret decoder ring these days.
Jesus says if you want to know if he is true he will reveal himself to you personally, but you have to do what he says to do.

Last edited by Jesus'Truth; 04-29-2023 at 05:06 PM..

Old 04-29-2023, 04:50 PM

Quote:
I called Thrillo arrogant as well and he defended himself saying what I call "arrogant", he calls confidence in himself based on him supporting his statements with facts and evidence. He openly admitted that there is no way you can know 100% everything about Christianity, yet he is constantly saying how Christians are afraid of admitting the truth that Jesus is a myth. but hey, lets focus on the present. I'm excited to learn something between you and Thrillo.
You falsely judged me as arrogant and you should not have. I am a very humble person.

ar·ro·gant
adjective
having or revealing an exaggerated sense of one's own importance or abilities.

Last edited by Jesus'Truth; 04-29-2023 at 05:07 PM..

Old 04-29-2023, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Well that is pretty observant and accurate.

Old 04-29-2023, 05:02 PM

Quote:
The non denominational churches have the same beliefs as other denominations. They might not answer to the well known denominational sect, but they do pick beliefs from different ones.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality