Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2023, 04:39 PM

4,085 posts, read 871,727 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Yes, you tried to slither out of your responsibility for your actions.
That is you bearing false witness.
Quote:

"Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?"
That is about those who claim someone is going to hell before the appointed time.

It is also about those who sin and judge others for the sinning.

You don't have understanding and it is why you use the scriptures falsely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2023, 04:41 PM

Quote:
I don't recognize Jesus as the authority about anything.
Who cares what you believe about Jesus?

The Bible is his book and he says what to do to know and have knowledge.

All you have are worthless opinions when it comes to trying to teach about the Bible.

Old 04-30-2023, 04:43 PM

Quote:
If you wish to, go ahead. You're entitled to your opinion.
How about you keep your false and or bad opinions about me to yourself.

Old 04-30-2023, 04:44 PM

Quote:
No. I ultimately found a better path for me.
Jesus tells us to remain in him. You obviously did not obey and do that which he says to do.

Old 04-30-2023, 04:45 PM

Quote:
You don't run the forum.
And? What does that have to do with anything? You are posting in a thread and derailing it because you don't read the OP and answer according to it.

Old 04-30-2023, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
I'll debate you anytime you want, right now if you want, Truth. Pose the opening statement and I'll respond. Go ahead.
I have been debating you in this thread and you don't reply except to take personal jabs.

Old 04-30-2023, 04:59 PM

18,249 posts, read 16,904,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus'Truth View Post
I have been debating you in this thread and you don't reply except to take personal jabs.

Go ahead and post your question.

Old 04-30-2023, 05:09 PM

18,249 posts, read 16,904,903 times
I'd like to move past all the quarreling and get back to the topic of the thread. Here is an observation from a critic of the idea that Jesus was prophesied in the OT. This is what I've been saying:

"To position Jesus as fulfiller of prophecy, Matthew chooses descriptive details from Isaiah and crafts them into elaborations on the reports and clues that he found in Mark. The reason Jesus' movements match the words of prophecy so closely—though not exactly—is that Matthew has derived Jesus' itinerary from those very words."

https://www.westarinstitute.org/edit...lfill-prophecy

In other words, Matthew had nothing to base his gospel on since Jesus never existed. So he opened the OT and searched for various details that he could then wove into his story of the Christian avatar god man, Jesus. Isaiah 53 was ripe with juicy adjective of a suffering person and that was an ideal portrait of a Messiah so Matthew incorporated the entire chapter into his story.

Old 04-30-2023, 05:10 PM

33,221 posts, read 26,412,135 times
Quote:
I can give you many scriptures that say to repent or perish, and give you many scriptures that say how to be saved, and scriptures that say faith alone is dead and cannot save anyone.
As I said, you don't know, nor understand the context of 'repentance' with regard to salvation. The ONLY repentance regarding salvation refers to changing your mind about Jesus. Not about changing your mind about sin. You do not have to give up your sins to be saved.

Furthermore, James did not disagree with Paul. They were not talking about the same thing. James' 'faith without works being dead simply means that a believer who does not have works has a non-productive spiritual life. It in no way implies that he hasn't been saved in terms of eternal salvation. Rather, faith without works in James' letter refers to not being able to save him from a useless, non-productive spiritual life.

Quote:
Paul doesn't says what you claim he does.

He says not of the works of the law.

The works of the law are the purification works.
Paul said that salvation is by grace through faith and not by works (of any sort) so that no man may boast. If you had to do works of any sort for salvation then you could boast about it. And Paul never mentioned works of the law in Ephesians 2:8-9
Quote:
You finally came around to admitting its true what I said.
You have the same beliefs of many denominations.
I don't know if you're trying to irritate me or if you simply lack decent comprehension skills. I never denied that I have beliefs that many denominations have. Probably all denominations as well as non-denominational churches share many of the same beliefs. I also don't know what your problem is with denominations and don't really care.
Quote:
Try to debate me on it then.
You've already been refuted and have shown that you don't know what you are talking about. I would suggest that you shut up, sit down, and do some actual study and research instead of imagining yourself to be 'Jesus'Truth.' You're nothing but another know-nothing poster who thinks he's got it all figured out and anyone who disagrees with you is wrong.

If you want to debate someone then debate thrillobyte.

Old 04-30-2023, 05:42 PM

50,765 posts, read 24,261,465 times
Quote:
Jesus tells us how to get the truth. If you don't do what Jesus says to do to get it, then you can't speak about it with any real knowledge.
I can speak (write) all I wish. I'm not a slave to christianity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality