Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2011, 05:35 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,066,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by agnostic soldier View Post
Nature or the universe can create things like DNA without the need of a supernatural element. Think of it like 10 monkeys typing on typewriters. They usually just type pages of gibberish, but every once and a while one of the monkey's types out Shakespeare's The Sonnets. It works the same with the universe.
And then The Sonnets look around about themselves, think themselves important and beautiful...and conclude that they must have been written out by a perfect piece of paper.

Old 07-24-2011, 10:19 PM

63,812 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Isn't it possible that there is an intelligent mind guiding what you assume are patterns occurring naturally???
Of course it is! This is the key deception, Christy . . . the use of "nature and natural" AS IF it is an explanation or basis for what is being "explained." It is not. It is a God claim without the name.

Old 07-24-2011, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Of course it is! This is the key deception, Christy . . . the use of "nature and natural" AS IF it is an explanation or basis for what is being "explained." It is not. It is a God claim without the name.
I would have to agree. "it just happens" is the same as "God just was" but with one less assumption.

Old 07-24-2011, 10:33 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,731,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agnostic soldier View Post
Nature or the universe can create things like DNA without the need of a supernatural element. Think of it like 10 monkeys typing on typewriters. They usually just type pages of gibberish, but every once and a while one of the monkey's types out Shakespeare's The Sonnets. It works the same with the universe.

yep thats the way i see it,, in infinte inerspace and outer space anything is possible.. there could be infinite copies of that monkeys shakespear's writings

to me the big question is??>> did a god create infinity or did infinity create god..

if there is a god?? lets just say intelegent designer alien.. i believe the universe and all particulate matter were their first not the other way round..

Old 07-24-2011, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post
I would have to agree. "it just happens" is the same as "God just was" but with one less assumption.
No . . . the same assumptions . . . just different names. As the Source . . . they both HAVE TO account for the existence of our consciousness and intelligence . . . which means they both HAVE TO BE conscious and intelligent. It is logical.

Old 07-24-2011, 10:55 PM

33,542 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Quote:
No . . . the same assumptions . . . just different names. As the Source . . . they both HAVE TO account for the existence of our consciousness and intelligence . . . which means they both HAVE TO BE conscious and intelligent. It is logical.
When are you going to face the fact that our intelligence and consciousness are merely a product of evolution...Nothing at all to do with your supernatural beliefs.

Old 07-24-2011, 10:59 PM

Quote:
I didn't say it wasn't logical.
They are both relatively the same thing. it's just that "God" is something extra...isn't it? I mean, if God is something...then it's something extra.

Old 07-24-2011, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
When are you going to face the fact that our intelligence and consciousness are merely a product of evolution...Nothing at all to do with your supernatural beliefs.
I have no supernatural beliefs and you know it. I have stated numerous times there is no such thing as supernatural. Euphemistic posturing and claims of "emergence" from no consciousness and no intelligence are non-starters. They are illogical. It is IMPOSSIBLE to construct a logical syllogism that proceeds from premises of no consciousness and no intelligence to predicates of consciousness and intelligence. You are free to try to produce them.

Old 07-24-2011, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuminousTruth View Post
I didn't say it wasn't logical.
They are both relatively the same thing. it's just that "God" is something extra...isn't it? I mean, if God is something...then it's something extra.
We can BELIEVE many "extra" things ABOUT God . . . or NOT. But the essential existence is established by the necessity for consciousness and intelligence to pre-exist OURS as the Source.

Old 07-24-2011, 11:12 PM

8 posts, read 59,461 times
well if DNA DID form spontaneously it wouldnt have a pattern....i'm more for the 'designed by a superintelligence ' theory . our bodies are wonderful machines, everything in them works in sync, i just cannot believe that some amino acids, nucleic acids and whatever else you have could build something that works so beautifully!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality