Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2013, 11:57 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,867,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
I don't know any innocent (sinless) people. Do you?
Yes, I personally know many and are aware of millions. You see, a "sin" is a transgression against a god. Those who do not believe that gods exist will not have any 'sins'....but that isn't what I was talking about as well you know. I talking about the mythological Adam and Eve.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2013, 09:32 AM

20,443 posts, read 12,801,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Yes, I personally know many and are aware of millions. You see, a "sin" is a transgression against a god. Those who do not believe that gods exist will not have any 'sins'....but that isn't what I was talking about as well you know. I talking about the mythological Adam and Eve.
Sin is a transgression against our creator. Simply not believing in that creator does not make the creator or the sin go away.

Old 04-15-2013, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
It would only be important to note if the bible had some validity...It does not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
Vizio's views are based on the legends and hallucinations of ancient sheepherders while Mystic's is based on his own legends and hallucinations. I don't see a distinction.
The Bible is recognized as an authority on spiritual matters, even by many non-Christians.

Old 04-15-2013, 10:24 AM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Vizio's views are based on Holy Scripture. Mystic's are based on . I realize you don't respect the Bible, but the distinction is important to note.
Your confusion about the basis of my views must be deliberate, jimmie . . . because I have posted the scriptural bases of them many, many, many times. That you and the fundies differ with my interpretations of scripture does not make YOUR interpretations correct and mine wrong.

Old 04-15-2013, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Your confusion about the basis of my views must be deliberate, jimmie . . . because I have posted the scriptural bases of them many, many, many times. That you and the fundies differ with my interpretations of scripture does not make YOUR interpretations correct and mine wrong.
No confusion here. You dismiss much of Scripture, most importantly the redemptive work of Christ. I've read your postings for years, and many have no scriptural basis.

It's disappointing that you resort to name-calling.

Old 04-15-2013, 10:52 AM

5,187 posts, read 6,948,048 times
Jesus dying on the cross was to take up all of our sins, the whole world, there had to be the shedding of blood. The resurrection shows that we do not die but have everlasting life, the time here on Earth is just a short-term phase of life.

Old 04-15-2013, 11:53 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,867,056 times
Quote:
Sin is a transgression against our creator. Simply not believing in that creator does not make the creator or the sin go away.
...and simply believing in that creator do not make the 'sins' real. See how it works both ways?

Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
...there had to be the shedding of blood. .
Ummm...why exactly?? I understand that you, as someone that is a follower of a blood-cult, desperately requires blood, blood, BLOOD to be shed..but why does an allegedly omnimax deity require that? I mean why can't the allegedly omnimax deity get the required results by say...just snapping it's fingers? Or why can't an alleged omnipotent deity just forgive in the same way he demands us to do to people that wrong us?

Old 04-15-2013, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
...and simply believing in that creator do not make the 'sins' real. See how it works both ways?
Of course. I'm glad we agree.

Old 04-15-2013, 12:55 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,948,048 times
I think that Mystic's view we can save ourselves with our good morals and love for each other , the Bible says that we can not save ourselves, we can do nice things and all that have a nice demeanor but we need a Savior for our salvation and that is what dying on the cross and being resurrected was about.

Old 04-15-2013, 01:33 PM

6,712 posts, read 13,463,935 times
Hehe... This is the stupidity I have come to laugh at. "If you stand on your head and turn the right way while saying the word 'Christ' three times then you're saved. But, otherwise, off to hell for you." The obvious tenacity with which you Christians argue amongst yourselves as to what constitutes requirements for salvation makes the transparency of your religion as a human-made one all the more obvious.

Here's the way I see it:

If your deity demands a bunch of groveling and ass-kissing because of his insecurities and extraordinarily large ego, why would you worship him in the first place? That's exactly what the people of North Korea are doing with Lil' Kim over there. They're not worshiping him because they love him. They're paying lip service to a totalitarian state out of absolute fear. If that's the only reason you're going to church on Sunday, I'd be wondering where my loyalties lie.

On the other hand, if you're just able to be nice to someone without demanding something in return or you have an actual heart and do things because it makes a difference in your life as well as someone else's then it shouldn't matter what you believe. A truly benevolent deity would see you for what you are whether you stood on your head and said Christ three times or not. The petty demands you insist your God makes all so that you can join hands and insist you're part of the same Mickey Mouse club is the most obvious human-made obsession and is probably a direct reflection of one's own personality.

I tend not to associate with people who believe in such things mostly because I find their personality types to be like that of the deities they've projected onto their belief - demanding, insecure, and full of vengeful wraith for those who don't acknowledge them as superior beings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality