Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 09:23 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times

Advertisements

A good xian is one who lives his/her life without hurting others, follows the golden rule, and lets others live their lives as they choose.

Especially critical is that leave the rest of the world alone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2008, 03:40 PM

3,770 posts, read 10,577,165 times
Instead of good Christian one might use the term Devout Christian whose focus is on God and who is willing to obey God and do right by Him,who is wanting to share the Lord with others and set good examples for others. It is to be Christ-like and walk in His ways to have Heavenly aspirations and to be a pillar of the community.

Old 09-30-2008, 04:16 PM

23,018 posts, read 34,387,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noland123 View Post
Instead of good Christian one might use the term Devout Christian whose focus is on God and who is willing to obey God and do right by Him,who is wanting to share the Lord with others and set good examples for others. It is to be Christ-like and walk in His ways to have Heavenly aspirations and to be a pillar of the community.
Great definition! One who is willing to do all the above things at the risk of being shunned, laughed at, talked about and persecuted.

Old 10-01-2008, 03:13 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
Yeah, like xians are persecuted in the US.
What's the difference between a good person and a good xian?
You don't have to be xian to be a good person.
In fact, it frequently works the other way.

Old 10-01-2008, 06:45 AM

7,784 posts, read 14,889,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
I live in an area where the vast majority are Christian and Republican. They teach their children intolerance and hatred. These people hate "******s"(mind you they have never known a black person in their lives), they hate Mexicans but white trash is OK.
Racism should not be a part of any Christian's life. I guess maybe you are in an area where racism is still alive and well. There are many racists, religion has nothing to do with it. That being said, if they claim Christianity, they certainly have a skewed view of Christ. He wasn't the fair skinned white guy we like to portray in paintings.

Quote:
They support murder by going to war and killing innocent women and children and maiming our own soldiers for life. This is the "nuke em" crowd.
I'll need you to clarify that for me. Are you suggesting that there is a move in your community by Christians to join the military and go off to war to kill innocent people? Or are you saying that the folks who have volunteered for service to this country aren't deserting their ranks to avoid going to war?

Quote:
I thought a good Christian was supposed to be "Good" and forgiving and not so narrow minded. Am I missing something about good Christans?

How can you have such hatred and claim to be a Christian. Some of you scare me.

Lisa
Christians should reflect Christ, love God and love their neighbor. Plain and simple. Just realize there's a big world out there and the way Christianity is portrayed in the mountains of East Tennessee isn't necessarily correct or even the 'norm'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality