Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2008, 04:34 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,183,286 times

Advertisements

Want proof? Let Him change your life, or watch someone you know and love have a life transformation. No programs, hypnosis, or other experiences could have done in my life what He has done.

Those that don't have Him need proof. Those that do have Him have all the proof they need.

Old 10-08-2008, 04:51 PM

33,551 posts, read 37,151,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
Want proof? Let Him change your life, or watch someone you know and love have a life transformation. No programs, hypnosis, or other experiences could have done in my life what He has done.

Those that don't have Him need proof. Those that do have Him have all the proof they need.
That may be your "proof", but it's still just a belief.

Old 10-08-2008, 07:40 PM

5,160 posts, read 9,174,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reformed Liberal View Post
"Atheos" was ancient Greek word, meant "godless" which later became the term "atheist" "one who denies or disbelieves the existence of God"

Then you are an agnostic, therefore you are not 100% certain that there is no God as you stated. So why are you arguing something you don't entirely believe?
Main Entry: dis·be·lieve Pronunciation: \-ˈlēv\ Function: verb Date: circa 1644 transitive verb
: to hold not worthy of belief : not believe
http://aolsvc.merriam-webster.aol.co...ary/disbelieve

I believe I meet the criteria for atheist perfectly. Thanks for proving that. Your agnostic comment now becomes pointless. I'm not an agnostic, period. And yes, I do know for sure what I don't believe (or as you say, disbelieve) in, therefore, I am in fact an atheist.
Quote:
I beg of you, soften your heart, put away all your preconceived ideas and call out to Jesus and study (not read) the bible. You owe it to the small part of you that is uncertain because if you are wrong, you are in big trouble.
1. I was raised in a Christian home. Been there, done that.
2. I am certain of one thing. If there is a god, it definitely isn't the Judeo-Christian god nor is it Allah. None of the Hindu gods either. In fact, if I did believe in a god, it would definitely be the deist god.
3. If Islam is true, you are in big trouble. See how that means nothing to you? Well, the same thing applies when Christians use that argument against people who aren't Christians.
Quote:
I argue what I believe because I am a 100% certain and again I am merely PROVING, "plausibility" (meaning-having an appearance of truth or reason; seemingly worthy of approval or acceptance) which imo I did with resounding success.
Your arguments were flawed. Plausibility comes with unrefutable evidence. You didn't present any.
Quote:
You won't accept any arguments because it is evident you have a presupposition of no God, therefore you will not believe nor accept any argument, regardless how well thought out, planed and executed.
How hard is it to comprehend the fact that arguments with flaws in them are not plausible? I don't reject your arguments because I don't believe. I reject them because they are flawed and can easily be refuted. If an argument can be refuted, it is not plausible, period.
Quote:
Prove me wrong. Is there any argument out there for the existence of God that you can find plausible or rational?
Find one that doesn't have holes in it and can't be refuted. Until then, the concept of a god is not plausible nor rational.
Quote:
In fact, dare I say, you are very vigorous to put down every argument I have given and not even accept one sliver of any of the arguments
Ok, so essentially, you're saying that I should just accept any argument, despite the obvious errors in it? How many times do I have to repeat this? I don't reject your arguments because I don't believe. I reject them because they are flawed. A flawed argument doesn't prove anything. Hard evidence isn't refutable. Your arguments are.
Quote:
which I find funny for a person who does not believe in either; or as you stated, yet you use atheist arguments to rebut my arguments.
What are you talking about? I am an atheist and I do not believe in a god. Can it be made any more clear?
Quote:
"That doesn't negate a god." For once we finally agree on something
Still doesn't make the concept of god rational nor plausible. I've probably heard every argument for a god ever made. I'm still not convinced.

Old 10-08-2008, 10:06 PM

352 posts, read 553,150 times
Quote:
Well I am sorry for you that you don't know and if you don't know for sure then how can you know ANYTHING for sure!

If you can get away with it why can't you have sex with a little child if she's willing or not?, why can't you shoot someone on the street? How do you know what is right and wrong, after all we don't know anything for sure. You just said, truth is subjective. Why even have laws? Why even have prisons? after all we are not sure the prisoners committed a crime. Who are we to state the truth. Why is your truth more important than my truth? If we don't know the truth.

Don't hide behind, "we can't know for sure", it's a cop out and that answer will not help you on the day of judgment before God.

I as a Christian know for sure, I feel very sorry and worried for the so called "Christians" who don't know for sure.

God's word is truth, it has never changed, the world has. He is the same yesterday, today and forever.
First of all, I didn't say that truth is subjective, I said that it seems as though all truth is becoming subjective. Furthermore, this concept was being directed at universal right and wrongs, but on the supposed empirical evidence used to determine whether or not there does exists a higher force or entity called God. I believe in the Jesus Christ and I do recognize Him as the Son of God, but I must still always recognize the fact that though I feel the scientific evidence and the historical records support my stance, I can't be 100% sure until I am able to see Him and touch Him using my very own God given senses. Till then, I must live on faith and believe that there is loving deity called Jesus and that His love for me is greater than anything I ever thought imaginable.

Old 10-09-2008, 04:18 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,668,826 times
Well, unfortunately, no one with first hand knowledge will come back from the dead and give us proof positive.

What would it TAKE for you to accept it as proof? Wouldn't you still try to tell us that there's a scientific reason behind any "spiritual miracle"?

Old 10-09-2008, 07:33 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,569,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nero777 View Post
First of all, I didn't say that truth is subjective, I said that it seems as though all truth is becoming subjective. Furthermore, this concept was being directed at universal right and wrongs, but on the supposed empirical evidence used to determine whether or not there does exists a higher force or entity called God. I believe in the Jesus Christ and I do recognize Him as the Son of God, but I must still always recognize the fact that though I feel the scientific evidence and the historical records support my stance, I can't be 100% sure until I am able to see Him and touch Him using my very own God given senses. Till then, I must live on faith and believe that there is loving deity called Jesus and that His love for me is greater than anything I ever thought imaginable.
That's a good one.....about the subjective comment.

(John 20:29).
"Then Jesus told him, 'Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed'

Do you even know what faith is? I question that?

Old 10-09-2008, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
Main Entry: dis·be·lieve Pronunciation: \-ˈlēv\ Function: verb Date: circa 1644 transitive verb
: to hold not worthy of belief : not believe
disbelieve - Definition from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary

I believe I meet the criteria for atheist perfectly. Thanks for proving that. Your agnostic comment now becomes pointless. I'm not an agnostic, period. And yes, I do know for sure what I don't believe (or as you say, disbelieve) in, therefore, I am in fact an atheist.

1. I was raised in a Christian home. Been there, done that.
2. I am certain of one thing. If there is a god, it definitely isn't the Judeo-Christian god nor is it Allah. None of the Hindu gods either. In fact, if I did believe in a god, it would definitely be the deist god.
3. If Islam is true, you are in big trouble. See how that means nothing to you? Well, the same thing applies when Christians use that argument against people who aren't Christians.

Your arguments were flawed. Plausibility comes with unrefutable evidence. You didn't present any.

How hard is it to comprehend the fact that arguments with flaws in them are not plausible? I don't reject your arguments because I don't believe. I reject them because they are flawed and can easily be refuted. If an argument can be refuted, it is not plausible, period.

Find one that doesn't have holes in it and can't be refuted. Until then, the concept of a god is not plausible nor rational.

Ok, so essentially, you're saying that I should just accept any argument, despite the obvious errors in it? How many times do I have to repeat this? I don't reject your arguments because I don't believe. I reject them because they are flawed. A flawed argument doesn't prove anything. Hard evidence isn't refutable. Your arguments are.

What are you talking about? I am an atheist and I do not believe in a god. Can it be made any more clear?

Still doesn't make the concept of god rational nor plausible. I've probably heard every argument for a god ever made. I'm still not convinced.
I am sorry but your logic is convoluted especially about, "3. If Islam is true, you are in big trouble. See how that means nothing to you? Well, the same thing applies when Christians use that argument against people who aren't Christians."

You are right it doesn't scare me but not for the reasons you think. You see True Christianity is the only religion with real consequences, all other world religions either you have a second chance or you cease to exist- therefore I see no trouble that I am in. It's a win win situation for a Christian!
Islam is so screwed up that even Islamics don't even know if they are going to heaven or not UNLESS you are a martyr (suicide bombing ring a bell) and even if you make it to heaven, after living in heaven for give or take hmmmmm......5,023 years, allah could change his mind and kick you out and send you to hell, no reasons because he can.

Our God will never do that because that will go against His very nature, He is the same today, yesterday and forever. To go against His own nature will prove He is not God. Ahhhh!!!!

You claim to not believe in God because it is “not scientific” or “because there is no proof.” The true reason is that if you people admit that there is the possibility of a God, you also must realize that you are responsible to God and in need of forgiveness from God. If God exists, then you are accountable for your actions to Him. If God does not exist, then you can do whatever you want without having to worry about God judging you.
I believe that is why you so strongly cling to evolution - it gives you an alternative to believing in a Creator God. God exists and ultimately you know that He exists.
The very fact that you waist countless hours so aggressively to disprove His existence is in fact an argument for His existence.

I don't go to the Islamic room

(Psalm 14:1)
“The fool says in his heart, ‘There is no God."

Last edited by Fundamentalist; 10-09-2008 at 08:48 AM..

Old 10-09-2008, 10:22 AM

7,784 posts, read 14,890,225 times
Quote:
That's a good one.....about the subjective comment.

(John 20:29).
"Then Jesus told him, 'Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed'

Do you even know what faith is? I question that?
Who are you to question another's faith? Can you back your condemnations and accusations on scripture?

If so, please do.

Old 10-09-2008, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
Who are you to question another's faith? Can you back your condemnations and accusations on scripture?

If so, please do.
I did not question his faith. I question is he knows what faith is because many Christians even pastors do not know what faith means.

I hear pastors everyday. Faith in God will get you a car.....Faith in God will heal your disease.

This is a valid question among Christians not to mention one of the fundamental principals in the Christian faith.

Old 10-09-2008, 10:35 AM

7,784 posts, read 14,890,225 times
Quote:
I did not question his faith. I question is he knows what faith is because many Christians even pastors knows what faith means.
Nice dodge.

Can he have faith if he doesn't know what it is?

If you don't think he knows what it is you are questioning if he has it....and that's wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality