Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2009, 07:50 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,348,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
The Bible speaks of a six day creation. However, as science has proven, life on Earth evolved over billions of years.

I can't believe that in 2009 people still believe in "Noah's Flood".
Once again I think it is a matter of perception, I think in god's eyes a million years can be looked at as seven days. Example: six steps from an average person is miles for an ant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2009, 09:05 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,880,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Once again I think it is a matter of perception, I think in god's eyes a million years can be looked at as seven days. Example: six steps from an average person is miles for an ant.
I thought the Bible was written from Man's perspective?

Old 06-14-2009, 09:08 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,984,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
Campbell34 wrote:

After reading your link I would have thought that the 150 men on this expedition would have been Russian and I wouldn't have expected anyone to be living in the US. Anyway, I can understand your interest in the subject and a mystery is always fascinating. As you can probably tell I don't believe that the story of Noah's Ark is real but I have to give you credit for not resorting to rude and insulting comments even when you're being hounded by a half dozen people like myself who disagree with you.
I have to ask you though, how would you feel if a high tech research expedition was allowed to explore the area where you think the ark is located and all they found were rock formations? To be perfectly honest I can't imagine any possibility that a team of researchers is going to discover a huge boat at the top of Mt. Ararat. If that turns out to be the case how would it change your perceptions of Noah's Ark or would it change it at all? Just wondering and thanks for your lack of hostility for those of us who don't share your beliefs.
Well based on what I discovered today, the Ark has to be there. I fully believe the Bible, because I have had some real encounters with it's Author. Believe me, I have seen to much of His reality to deny Him. I can't possibly believe the Ark will not be found there. The Scriptures stated it landed on the Mountains of Ararat around the seventh month, and then stated the other mountains were exposed around the tenth month. So it would have to be on the highest peak, and of course, that is where all the sightings have come from. Well I know most here do not share my beliefs, yet I do believe that the day is soon coming, when the world will see first hand the remains of Noahs Ark. What a day that will be, many over joyed, and many very sad. I believe a team of researchers have already found it.
The two men living in the Americas South West were part of the Russian Army, but fled to America during the Russian revolution. I do not believe they were liars, and they had quite a story to tell.

Old 06-14-2009, 09:29 PM

1,091 posts, read 3,596,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Well based on what I discovered today, the Ark has to be there. I fully believe the Bible, because I have had some real encounters with it's Author. Believe me, I have seen to much of His reality to deny Him. I can't possibly believe the Ark will not be found there. The Scriptures stated it landed on the Mountains of Ararat around the seventh month, and then stated the other mountains were exposed around the tenth month. So it would have to be on the highest peak, and of course, that is where all the sightings have come from. Well I know most here do not share my beliefs, yet I do believe that the day is soon coming, when the world will see first hand the remains of Noahs Ark. What a day that will be, many over joyed, and many very sad. I believe a team of researchers have already found it.
The two men living in the Americas South West were part of the Russian Army, but fled to America during the Russian revolution. I do not believe they were liars, and they had quite a story to tell.

Even if it were real, wouldn't it have rotted away already?
Unless it's petrified or something.
How many wooden things are left, from thousands and thousands of years ago. Untreated wood.
Come on.

Old 06-15-2009, 01:31 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,940,167 times
Unhappy "Do I REALLY have to get off right now? Brrrrrr...."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane72 View Post
Even if it were real, wouldn't it have rotted away already?
Unless it's petrified or something.
How many wooden things are left, from thousands and thousands of years ago. Untreated wood.
Come on.
Oh this is just the beginning for you, Jane! Listen up, and well, for there's quite the entertaining story here for you. Months and months of it if you dare to question this old fable.

One of the stories presented on Campbell34's oft-posted Ark link is that between it's first sighting and it's more recent reviews, it has broken into three parts, and has slid partway down the rock face because of the relentless action of ice and temperature shifts. This in only 40 - 50 years. Imagine what several thousand years of life on a mountain, subjected to ide erosion, temp shifts, weather and glacial pressures would have done to an actual wooden boat.

Besides all the other points I and others have made over the past few months, there's that unfortunate bit of modern-day remote sensing that said it all: it's rock. Just rock.

But then, today, a pair of escaped Russians "with a story to tell" re-winds Campbell34's clock all over again... I particularly like the idea of Noah kindly asking the passengers to please disembark onto an ice-covered isolated mountain top with no food or shelter. All 600 million of them!

Aaaannnnddddd so [brace yourself...]... heeeeesssss offffffff!!!!!

Last edited by rifleman; 06-15-2009 at 01:35 AM.. Reason: typoz

Old 06-15-2009, 07:30 AM

33,587 posts, read 37,221,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
That event occured just as the Russian revolution broke out. And of the one hundred and fifty men present, only two men were ever found that were on that expedition. As it turned out, both men lived in the South West United States, and they had lost contact with each other with the passage of time. Yet when interviewed, they both told the same story of the Ark on Ararat. There is so much mystery with the Ark, you can expect just about anything. Yet there are countless people who have seen it over time, and they all keep repeating the same story. I believe by the time the reporter caught up with these guys, they were both pretty old. This is just my belief, but I think there is a set time for the Ark to be revealed. Because logic would dictate that by this time, it should of been found. I can kind of relate to this, because for the last 28 years or so, I have been looking for a sunken ship. I now know exactly where it is, yet circumstance has kept me from getting to it. And my experiences trying to locate that ship, have been just as frustrating as finding Noahs Ark. LOL
So is what you are saying here is that the ark hasn't been found yet?

Old 06-15-2009, 09:42 AM

Tom, is your sunken ship by chance filled with gold?

Remember, there's more good evidence for Santa Claus than there is for the Ararat Ark. Plus, as I noted, others who are actually in the business are now looking elsewhere. Why do that, for heaven's sake, if Christians everywhere are so convinced that your Ark is The Ark?

Old 06-15-2009, 09:43 AM

7,915 posts, read 18,647,817 times
The only place I can think of where wood seems to stay preserved and not rot is at the bottom of a cold body of water. Whenever you find an ancient settlement that was constructed of wood and stone only the stone is left because the wood has long since rotted away. Even wood that's treated like railroad ties or telephone poles eventally fall to pieces. I don't think a wooden vessel could possibly remain somewhat intact after a few thousand years.

Old 06-15-2009, 09:47 AM

Default All aboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
The only place I can think of where wood seems to stay preserved and not rot is at the bottom of a cold body of water. Whenever you find an ancient settlement that was constructed of wood and stone only the stone is left because the wood has long since rotted away. Even wood that's treated like railroad ties or telephone poles eventally fall to pieces. I don't think a wooden vessel could possibly remain somewhat intact after a few thousand years.
Awww, c'mon now, MG... remember, the hand of God is involved! He wanted us to find it and to thereby realize the majesty of His global hydrological experiment!

Otherwise, on it's face, it's hopeless, esp. the facts on just how many species would have had to have been lured on board. Makes a Tokyo subway cram-session seem like child's play!

Old 06-15-2009, 10:41 AM

7,915 posts, read 18,647,817 times
rifleman wrote:
Quote:
Otherwise, on it's face, it's hopeless, esp. the facts on just how many species would have had to have been lured on board. Makes a Tokyo subway cram-session seem like child's play!
You know if you made a list of all of the problems that would have to be explained or overcome you realize very quickly that it's simply impossible. Here's just a few:
1. Where did the water come from and where did it go?
2. How did the animals make their way to the ark and how did they get home (even crossing oceans)?
3. How could a wooden vessel be constructed by a single man over 600 years old of such huge proportions?
4. Where did Noah find huge timbers in a mostly barren part of the world?
5. How could a wooden vessel of this size be seaworthy and not collapse?
6. What did the predator animals eat while on the ark and what did they eat after their boat ride was over since there wouldn't have been a viable population of prey for them to survive?
7. Why would animals resort to inbreeding when they instinctively know better?
8. Why is there no geological evidence of a worldwide flood?
9. How did the fossils that we find manage to arrange themselves into orderly strata if they had all lived at the same time?
10. If every human being in the world is related to Noah how did we manage to develop different languages, races and cultures in just a few thousand years?

I could go on and on but every one of those questions would be very difficult to answer with a reasonable explanation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality