Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2008, 01:03 AM

6,712 posts, read 13,461,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
What would I do in heaven?....I think I'd get very bored...At least Muslim men have a batch of virgins to entertain them.
Well... I don't know... I kind of like the Family Guy episode when Quagmire (I think) went to the Muslim heaven and the 72 virgins were a bunch of nerds playing Dungeons and Dragons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2008, 01:24 AM

33,548 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSTroop View Post
Well... I don't know... I kind of like the Family Guy episode when Quagmire (I think) went to the Muslim heaven and the 72 virgins were a bunch of nerds playing Dungeons and Dragons.
My fear is that they would be a bunch of elderly nuns...

Old 11-08-2008, 06:06 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,971,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnJLethal View Post
Also, how could someone experience everlasting joy in Heaven while knowing some of their loved ones were eternally suffering in Hell?

The Heaven/Hell concept is so basic and insulting to one's intelligence as to only merit a chuckle.
Some years ago God showed me in a dream a little bit of heaven, and it did not insult my intelligence at all. I do recall when I woke up how disappointed I was to leave that wonderful place. The glory of heaven is beyond anything I have ever experienced. And one of the things I recall, is the joy of seeing my true family. They are the ones who through out time have embraced God's Biblical truth, and will love God forever.

Old 11-08-2008, 06:54 AM

3,032 posts, read 8,921,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse69 View Post
There are Hell books there too. They'd scare you to avoid that place and become a strict Christian though.
No they wouldn't. Can't avoid something that doesn't exist. Besides, hell definitely sounds like a lot more fun than heaven.

Old 11-08-2008, 06:56 AM

3,032 posts, read 8,921,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShepsMom View Post
Well, what joy is in sitting by someone's feet forever??
Maybe she has a foot fetish.

And again, nobody has actually answered the question of what you'll DO in heaven.

Old 11-08-2008, 07:36 AM

1,168 posts, read 2,504,085 times
Heaven is for those who love God. So sinners who hate God or don't even believe in him, well they wouldn't feel comfortable there anyway. I don't know what I'll do in heaven - but it will be the best of this world x a million. And all the characteristics of our nature that are wrong - will be eradicated. Heaven will be joy, light, peace - just amazing!

Old 11-08-2008, 07:38 AM

1,168 posts, read 2,504,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuSuSushi View Post
No they wouldn't. Can't avoid something that doesn't exist. Besides, hell definitely sounds like a lot more fun than heaven.

Be careful what you say. Hell is darkness, pain, grief - everything that heaven isn't. Don't mock. Seek God while you can....your eternal destination is at stake.

Old 11-08-2008, 09:07 AM

2,616 posts, read 2,398,970 times
Seems to me that the religous marketing department has fallen a little short here since not many seem to know what goes on in heaven. Perhaps one of the cruise lines, like Carnaval, could be contracted to do promotional videos or pamphlets. Just a suggestion.

Old 11-08-2008, 09:21 AM

410 posts, read 1,108,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSTroop View Post
And this is different in comparison to precisely when in history?
I would certainly say that it is more widespread now than ever before. All you have to do is tune in to the media to see this....

Old 11-08-2008, 02:35 PM

5,493 posts, read 7,341,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShepsMom View Post
I figured, you burn all day long in hell, but what is the perception of heaven?
Do you get to hang out with god and smell the roses all day long, what do you expect to see/do when you get there?

you get to eat lots of chocolate chip cookies and......BACON
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality