Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2011, 05:57 PM

72 posts, read 105,423 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by evets View Post
One time I was sitting in my car and the tachometer went from 0 to 1 about 3 times and there was no key in the ignition, so technically if mpossible. There is a visual example.

So I've had visual and audio examples.

I say theres only one being currently in control of that sort of stuff in our minds c'mon.

Moderator cut: off topic

Has anyone noticed earthquakes of Haiti, ChristChurch and Japan that caused the Fuukushima Disaster. Thats a few that I remember since I posted. The best part of Joplin Missouri is gone due to a tornado.I would legislate tornado rooms , in that state.

Let me think, is it Rome where the Vatican is that is "the city that sits on seven hills" and is prophesied to be destroyed or severely damaged by an earthquake in the enddays? YES!

I guess the Vatican coincidentally sits on a BIG Faultline !?

My 666 ID is in my albums.

My posts has a link to salvation at gotquestions.org
Questions about Salvation

What did Christ say we needed to avoid HELL and Go To Heaven.
I have accepted salvation when I was very young. That is what you need.

Last edited by june 7th; 08-27-2011 at 09:59 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2011, 06:37 AM

290 posts, read 388,627 times
If a volcano erupted in the middle of no-where and no one was hurt, would you still say it was an evil event? If an earthquake occurred in an empty desert or a tsunami happened in the middle of the sea (as apparently they do all the time), would you say it was created by an evil creature in order to cause harm and destruction? If it happens in a place where no one exists then what is Satan's aim, because surely Satan only acts to cause harm and destruction...right? By this reasoning, I don't think the weather, no matter how much pain and destruction it brings, is the cause of Satan.

Old 08-27-2011, 08:29 AM

2,705 posts, read 3,120,864 times
Let's not be too quick to attribute to attribute everything to supernatural and ultimate causes. God or no God, it is the 21st century.

The sound of thunder is angels bowling strikes in heaven.

Old 08-27-2011, 10:21 AM

1,168 posts, read 1,235,901 times
Quote:
I know that the weather such as the recent New Olreans disaster is of Satan , as I've seen the weather do some supernaturally (personally undeniable) things at a time satan was doing some very evil things in my life.

How many more people know or beleive that all weather is of Satan?

If you draw lines....When Mr Bush called for war, Just after God and some merry men Knocked down the monument of death....and used lies, underhandedness, and corruption to make his war valid....Breaking commandments of God all the while....Murdering, oppressing, and imprisoning inocent people in the long run who live for free and trade for free....and the people supporting it all, with their votes, their minds and hearts, and the taxed hand in funding and support of this madness.....what do you expect?

And while the western world oppresses and prohibites certain plants and people growing them, from doing that service in the gardens, and tending to the flocks of animals...freely and simple like...and our free hand to grow our own food supplies sinlessly on the lands according to the laws of God..and give and share like God...omitting elemental elements (Living entities)(Plants)that need to be sown..that help the eco systems matrix to reduce health issues....
Do we need to say more?....more woe, more wrath..more plagues, more pestilences...because they do not listen to God nor do his will or fulfill his word...and it cost us more because of it not being done or GIVEN as God said......Higher and Higher cost, taxes,fees,and terriffs...never ending....and as the pr goes up through the roof of believable...they want even more....Blood...dead blood to be exacting... to pollute the planet more, so more become sick...and the PR is made for that to in pharmacuticals!....and they Got everyone Polluting and paying for it....how remarkable that is....maybe one cancer, aids, hep a,b,c,..or other virus riddled day...they might open their eyes and say, I don't want These viruses anymore...(Plague)...and make a simple change in what they are doing wrong or profaning, that God said was Good, to make it right again....eh?....Cause that is how the matrix works..(plant based)(God based)(righteousness based)..when you do service for God the right way...God does service for you.

Break Gods laws , precepts, and covenants....and laws of the lands..continually for bent profits and gains in IDOLATRY..and you create the Devil....that would be the left hand of God....no doubt about it...I say!

The beast is the industrial madness for $atan...that should not even be...if we follow what is Given by God...eh?...and now because it is not Given anymore, nor will they let you have it, or make it for free....we fail God....and so...God has to make a stand some how.

Amen?

Last edited by Sir Les; 08-27-2011 at 10:42 AM..

Old 08-27-2011, 10:22 AM

2,031 posts, read 2,988,369 times
Quote:
Moderator cut: off topic

Has anyone noticed earthquakes of Haiti, ChristChurch and Japan that caused the Fuukushima Disaster. Thats a few that I remember since I posted. The best part of Joplin Missouri is gone due to a tornado.I would legislate tornado rooms , in that state.
I believe the quarter million or so killed, not to mention the few million made homeless, probably noticed these events. And pretty much everyone on the planet who is ever online, watching television, or reading a newspaper.

Earthquakes happen. It's a result of plate tectonics.

Quote:
Let me think, is it Rome where the Vatican is that is "the city that sits on seven hills" and is prophesied to be destroyed or severely damaged by an earthquake in the enddays? YES!

I guess the Vatican coincidentally sits on a BIG Faultline !?

My 666 ID is in my albums.

My posts has a link to salvation at gotquestions.org
Questions about Salvation

What did Christ say we needed to avoid HELL and Go To Heaven.
I have accepted salvation when I was very young. That is what you need.
Unbelievable! They actually found a seismically active fault in Italy! What are the odds?!

Old 08-27-2011, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpidrAkirE View Post
If a volcano erupted in the middle of no-where and no one was hurt, would you still say it was an evil event? If an earthquake occurred in an empty desert or a tsunami happened in the middle of the sea (as apparently they do all the time), would you say it was created by an evil creature in order to cause harm and destruction? If it happens in a place where no one exists then what is Satan's aim, because surely Satan only acts to cause harm and destruction...right? By this reasoning, I don't think the weather, no matter how much pain and destruction it brings, is the cause of Satan.
On Jupiter, there's a storm 3 times the size of Earth and it has been ongoing for at least 400 years.
The Great Red Spot

So, either such things occur naturally ... or God is positively incandescent with rage at something the Jovians are doing ... (maybe he's upset that they're worshipping Jupiter!)

Old 08-27-2011, 10:34 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,723,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theophane View Post
Let's not be too quick to attribute to attribute everything to supernatural and ultimate causes. God or no God, it is the 21st century.

The sound of thunder is angels bowling strikes in heaven.
Thank you my Friend. Every now and again my Faith in the essential rationality of man is supported just when it begins to wobble.

And while I'm at it, something that occurred to me. Is it possible that Satan now has to be postulated as being behind these disasters because, frankly the 'God letting us know he's there' is wearing almost as thin as the 'Punishing the sinners' explanation.

I recall the news film of a family or group of neighbours in a pile of Bible belt wreckage all holding hands and praying to God. If it was to avert disaster they should open their eyes and see it's now a bit late. or were they thanking Him for it or just praying because it made them feel better? Yep, I'd put my money on that one.

So when the true believers in the South hear of the biggest friggin' storm in living memory rolling up, isn't the prayer liable to be 'Lord, we -all know you're up there, we really do, the point has shore been made now so fer cripes' sake cut us a bit o' slack, hey?'

Or, if credibility at the God-sending-his-blessed-disasters-upon-us theory is degraded past saving, then that might explain why Satan dunnit, notwithstanding the problems it causes re. the Problem of Evil discussion, is on balance the more believable option. Other than the obvious one, of course.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 08-27-2011 at 10:48 AM..

Old 08-27-2011, 11:03 AM

1,168 posts, read 1,235,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
Thank you my Friend. Every now and again my Faith in the essential rationality of man is supported just when it begins to wobble.

And while I'm at it, something that occurred to me. Is it possible that Satan now has to be postulated as being behind these disasters because, frankly the 'God letting us know he's there' is wearing almost as thin as the 'Punishing the sinners' explanation.

I recall the news film of a family or group of neighbours in a pile of Bible belt wreckage all holding hands and praying to God. If it was to avert disaster they should open their eyes and see it's now a bit late. or were they thanking Him for it or just praying because it made them feel better? Yep, I'd put my money on that one.

So when the true believers in the South hear of the biggest friggin' storm in living memory rolling up, isn't the prayer liable to be 'Lord, we -all know you're up there, we really do, the point has shore been made now so fer cripes' sake cut us a bit o' slack, hey?'

Or, if credibility at the God-sending-his-blessed-disasters-upon-us theory is degraded past saving, then that might explain why Satan dunnit, notwithstanding the problems it causes re. the Problem of Evil discussion, is on balance the more believable option. Other than the obvious one, of course.

So if you don't believe in God which is truth and righteously made known through our belief in him who came to teach us how to share..and Give...

The scientifically speaking: Cause and effect of every action there is a equal and adverse reaction....right?

If this is true..and is always true...then there is something to this Bible book...about plants...
If something is based on certain plants...(MATRIX)..and it is atomic, subatomic, biological, and principled in tasks based on water...to make composting material that makes soil out of matter...and it is all brought together to make a place for Humans to live on, and with...if certain things remain constant...that estate would last forever....THus tending and keeping the Garden is required....that being said by God (Truth) show us that if we do not tend to the Garden well...(chaos will arise)...less food (Famine)...less rain (water transferal)...Less air (filtration systems)...Less land that has less virus or sickness (cleaninsg agents)...

So by taking a plant or many plants out of the matrix God made for us....we create a detramental effect in the Matrix.

God said what was Good, and what was Given...So it is not in our best interests to make these things Bad....and as it is known through SCRIPTURE we are not suppose to make profane second Judgements on What God Said was Good...or is Good..or take away anything or omit anything......what does PROHIBITION OF PLANTS Do?....Just that!...and oppressing trade of it, and anyone sowing it being imprisoned..for over 2000 years...we see a constant being created that should not be!!!

And so...cause and effect stands...when you have the truth and righteousness by word of a higher understanding of PLANET EARTH>

Plants tie into the sun..and the waters, and the spirit of God...to make Earth LIKE...EDENs!

And that is the story...as it is now being destroyed by stupid people, burning dead blood, and playing with IDOLs, making human sacrifices, and slaughtering eachother because $atan rules them...and no one wants to share, or give, or care about what God said, what Christ said...or what children say....Share!.....and stop the profaning of plants...and follow what God said....to the letter of the laws....it has not yet been done...and it could be done....why don't they want to try?.....$$$$$$$$ is more important to them.

And so more detramentals are coming ....because of their error in judgement and lack of obediance in Truth and sound actions!

Amen?

Old 08-27-2011, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Les View Post
So if you don't believe in God which is truth and righteously made known through our belief in him who came to teach us how to share..and Give...
Presumably, your parents.

As for how these tendencies originated in humans, for the reason that they are useful traits in social species (of which Homo sapiens are one).

Great apes all share the traits of cooperation, aid, empathy, reciprocity, altruism, caring about what others think, and so forth. These traits are not universal in individuals apes (including humans), of course, but widespread throughout all species of great apes (again, including humans). Understanding of such things as altruism and fairness have been documented in non-great apes and even non-primates, such as dogs and dolphins. Such traits in certain social groups, and the gene pools of these groups, will be favored by natural selection.

An interesting read is Matt Ridley's The Origins Of Virtue. But only if you're interested in learning.

Quote:
The scientifically speaking: Cause and effect of every action there is a equal and adverse reaction....right?
Please...

That's a law governing physical mechanics, not social behavior. This comment by you does nothing other than underscore a profound misunderstanding of a very basic aspect of scientific knowledge.

Old 08-27-2011, 11:38 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,723,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Les View Post

If this is true..and is always true...then there is something to this Bible book...about plants...
If something is based on certain plants...(MATRIX)..and it is atomic, subatomic, biological, and principled in tasks based on water...to make composting material that makes soil out of matter...and it is all brought together to make a place for Humans to live on, and with...if certain things remain constant...that estate would last forever....THus tending and keeping the Garden is required....that being said by God (Truth) show us that if we do not tend to the Garden well...(chaos will arise)...less food (Famine)...less rain (water transferal)...Less air (filtration systems)...Less land that has less virus or sickness (cleaninsg agents)...

So by taking a plant or many plants out of the matrix God made for us....we create a detramental effect in the Matrix.

God said what was Good, and what was Given...So it is not in our best interests to make these things Bad....and as it is known through SCRIPTURE we are not suppose to make profane second Judgements on What God Said was Good...or is Good..or take away anything or omit anything......what does PROHIBITION OF PLANTS Do?....Just that!...and oppressing trade of it, and anyone sowing it being imprisoned..for over 2000 years...we see a constant being created that should not be!!!

And so...cause and effect stands...when you have the truth and righteousness by word of a higher understanding of PLANET EARTH>

Plants tie into the sun..and the waters, and the spirit of God...to make Earth LIKE...EDENs!

And that is the story...as it is now being destroyed by stupid people, burning dead blood, and playing with IDOLs, making human sacrifices, and slaughtering eachother because $atan rules them...and no one wants to share, or give, or care about what God said, what Christ said...or what children say....Share!.....and stop the profaning of plants...and follow what God said....to the letter of the laws....it has not yet been done...and it could be done....why don't they want to try?.....$$$$$$$$ is more important to them.

And so more detramentals are coming ....because of their error in judgement and lack of obediance in Truth and sound actions!

Amen?
I think 'off topic' is perhaps the only adequate appropriate response. Thanks for dealing with that Btw Voyageur. I couldn't drum up the inclination.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality