Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 02:51 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times

Advertisements

I am not sure exactly what heaven will be but this I believe: You must truly love and appreciate the things heaven is about otherwise, heaven will not be a heaven for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2009, 03:34 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,607,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ulnevrwalkalone View Post
I need somebody to give me an actual definition of what I can expect in heaven. 71 virgins, big pearly gates?? What do u think we get in this paradise??

and dont just post something about we can never know or that we spend eternity with god I want some details!
Now that's what I call a forthright demand. My question in response is, from whom do you expect to get these details? (Which leads to the question of why you would even ask in the first place). The number of people who've been to heaven and come back to Earth--which doesn't sound like something anyone with half a brain would do--is rather small.

Old 02-24-2009, 03:48 PM

998 posts, read 1,332,616 times
Quote:
I need somebody to give me an actual definition of what I can expect in heaven. 71 virgins, big pearly gates?? What do u think we get in this paradise??

and dont just post something about we can never know or that we spend eternity with god I want some details!
You will have your own mansion....how grand it will be etc depends on how good your deeds are on earth. You will have your own servant to cater to your every whim. Time is irrelevant there...A flower might catch your eye and you might spend decades just admiring it. You will eat anything that you fancy. No need for toilets cause heaven is pure for the pure Nothing unclean there. Society will still exist except all the negative effects will not be thre.

Old 02-25-2009, 06:16 AM

841 posts, read 2,261,252 times
Something in-between Paris and San Francisco

Old 02-25-2009, 08:41 AM

2,595 posts, read 4,440,456 times
Quote:

The idea of 72 virgins is absud. After the first night will they still be virgins? Or does Allah give you a new set of Virgins each night? Ha Ha Ha...

I have been to heaven. Twice now.

Heaven is not like is pictured in cartoons with the harps sitting on clouds.

Heaven looks very much like earth does like when you go outside and look around with some major exceptions.

In heaven, you are never tired or bored, there is total peace and joy. Alot of what we say in regular daily conversation is useless in heaven. For example you don't say "how about the whether" because heaven is always a perfect temperature and comfortable. You can't say "I'm hungry" or "I'm thirsty", "I'm bored", "Tired", "Sore", etc... Because these have no meaning in heaven. You can feel a touch and emotions, but there are no bad emotions. Also, in heaven you can feel the emotions of the people around you, so stating the emotion is redundant.

Heaven looks like earth in that there is grass, trees, flowers, mountains, etc... But everywhere you go is perfect. There is no unperfect place in heaven, just different places. There are houses, but they are different than earth. No Bedrooms or Bathrooms - remember no sleeping or deficating. But there are kitchens (sort of)and living rooms. You can eat in heaven but you don't have to. Time has no meaning in heaven, so you can do something as long as you want. Like playing games. There are games in heaven. Some people in heaven like to sit while others like to hike and explore. Some like to study the botanny in heaven while others like to enjoy being with friends (everone is friends in heaven).

What is uncomparable is the peace and joy you feel in heaven. It feels as if you just ate a giant thanksgiving diner, had a massage and have just come out of a warm hot tub. You sit down and just don't even care to move because you feel so relaxed, almost lethargic.

Old 02-25-2009, 09:07 AM

3,040 posts, read 5,002,363 times
Quote:
Interesting take, but if heaven is in me then what do I need god and all his rules for??
First of all, these things you call Gods rules are not Gods rules, there mans attempt to speak for God based on mans understanding which is faulty to say the least.
The idea of "heaven" isn't a place, it is a state of being, a state of consciousness, a state of awareness. Once you come to the idea that you are your own creator, meaning, you create your life by your actions, reactions and thoughts. All of these manifest through you, therefore you create your own "heaven" or your own "hell", it is always the intent behind the action, reaction and thought that brings forth "heaven" or "hell", it is always within.

I've seen allot of post on here trying to describe heaven, I would ask, "have you been there", or are you just repeating what you think you read.
If "heaven" is being with God and God is everywhere, then "heaven" must be everywhere, this is, if it where a place. This could only be true is this heaven was a state of being instead of a physical place.

Old 02-25-2009, 09:18 AM

1,577 posts, read 3,700,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
No eye has seen, no ear has heard, and no mind has imagined what God has prepared for those who love Him.....1 Corinthians 2:9

This world is not all there is, the best is yet to come.
In other words: "I DUNNO!" lol

Its a mythological place like Asgard and the Illysian Fields, just a different religion.

Old 02-25-2009, 09:24 AM

857 posts, read 1,423,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terryj View Post
First of all, these things you call Gods rules are not Gods rules, there mans attempt to speak for God based on mans understanding which is faulty to say the least.
The idea of "heaven" isn't a place, it is a state of being, a state of consciousness, a state of awareness. Once you come to the idea that you are your own creator, meaning, you create your life by your actions, reactions and thoughts. All of these manifest through you, therefore you create your own "heaven" or your own "hell", it is always the intent behind the action, reaction and thought that brings forth "heaven" or "hell", it is always within.

I've seen allot of post on here trying to describe heaven, I would ask, "have you been there", or are you just repeating what you think you read.
If "heaven" is being with God and God is everywhere, then "heaven" must be everywhere, this is, if it where a place. This could only be true is this heaven was a state of being instead of a physical place.
This is a very interesting take but I fear it means that you do not actually practice any particular religion. If you do practice a religion I would be fascinated to know how you came to this conclusion (i.e. is there any type of literature backing it). Because it sounds more like an agnostic/athiest point of view (not that there's anything wrong with that )

Old 02-25-2009, 10:04 AM

3,040 posts, read 5,002,363 times
Quote:
This is a very interesting take but I fear it means that you do not actually practice any particular religion. If you do practice a religion I would be fascinated to know how you came to this conclusion (i.e. is there any type of literature backing it). Because it sounds more like an agnostic/athiest point of view (not that there's anything wrong with that )
You are correct in your assumption that I do not practice any one religion, I view religion as a source of division and this only leads to destruction in some form or another. From a Christian perspective I would be labeled an athiest, because I don't see this God as a personalized figure having to micromanage the affairs of all life. Man has created a God with a huge EGO, due to man having a huge EGO so in essence, man is worshiping man.
The God (I use this term in the generic sense) I see, is not a God that demands worship, It is the "oneness" behind all things and It is as It is and all things are of It. It doesn't matter if I choose to believe in It at all, it changes nothing, but myself.
If you read my blogs called "Conversations with my Brother" you'll get an idea how I came to this conclusion.

Old 02-25-2009, 10:11 AM

1,216 posts, read 2,264,386 times
Quote:

i think that in islam we have many detailes about heaven from quran and saying of prophet of islam mohammed (pbuh)

God said in quran what means:
“The description of Paradise which the Muttaqoon have been promised is that in it are rivers of water, the taste and smell of which are never changed. Rivers of milk the taste of which will remain unchanged. Rivers of wine that will be delicious to those who drink from it and rivers of clear, pure honey. For them will be every kind of fruit and forgiveness form their Lord." [47:15]

in another beutifull verse
"And their recompense shall be Paradise, and silken garments, because they were patient. Reclining on raised thrones, they will see there neither the excessive heat of the sun, nor the excessive bitter cold, (as in Paradise there is no sun and no moon). The shade will be close upon them, and bunches of fruit will hang low within their reach. Vessels of silver and cups of crystal will be passed around amongst them, crystal-clear, made of silver. They will determine the measure of them according to their wishes. They will be given a cup (of wine) mixed with Zanjabeel, and a fountain called Salsabeel. Around them will (serve) boys of perpetual youth. If you see them, you would think they are scattered pearls. When you look there (in Paradise) you will see a delight (that can not be imagined), and a Great Dominion. Their garments will be of fine green silk and gold embroidery. They will be adorned with bracelets of silver, and their Lord will give them a pure drink." [76:12-21]

Eternal youth will be the state of existence for those who inhabit Paradise. The food of Paradise is so pure that their bodies will not produce any wastes, only sweat whose fragrance is musk.

And even though Allah describes Paradise for us in the Qur'an, He still says,

"So no soul knows the delights of the eyes which is hidden for them; a reward for what they did." [32:17]

The Prophet (peace be upon him) clearly stated in his description of Paradise that in it there is “what an eye has not seen, what en ear has not heard and what has not crossed the heart of a human.” All the physical descriptions of Paradise mentioned in the Qur’an and Sunnah are merely but examples of what Allah has promised His righteous believers.

the hadith states that there will be what not had crossed the ‘heart’ of humans. It does not say the ‘mind’, but the ‘heart’. The heart longs more and dreams more than the logical mind. The mind might have limits in its dreams. It is limited by logic and by what is ‘possible’. As for the heart, it only longs and dreams of what it wants and loves, whether it is logical or not.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality