Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2018, 02:23 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,597,400 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
You continue to be deluded. Due to bias.
Me...I don't care. I am neither Atheist or Religious...but I don't mind who is.
Here is the REAL DEAL..the FACTS of the matter.

The World Is Getting More Religious | Time

https://www.gizmodo.com.au/2017/08/p...ays-new-study/
the fact is gld, more people believe we are part of a larger system that is far more complex than us. they are not afraid it like tran. they embrace it. they believe it because it is supported by the information science finds for us everyday.

You call it a god, I call it the universe. either way it is far more valid than tran's denomination's take in things. "deny everything" is just not science, not logic, and has no more reason tied to it than a christian fundamentalist overseer type god does.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2018, 02:24 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,757,440 times
Quote:
You continue to be deluded. Due to bias.
Me...I don't care. I am neither Atheist or Religious...but I don't mind who is.
Here is the REAL DEAL..the FACTS of the matter.

The World Is Getting More Religious | Time

https://www.gizmodo.com.au/2017/08/p...ays-new-study/
Broken record.

Not worth a reply.

You can 'Chortle "I win" as much as you like.

"trends in the United States and other Western countries, where the proportion of religiously unaffiliated people is expected to grow. "

Or rejoice over the outpacing of Christianity by Islam.

Old 05-06-2018, 02:58 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,659,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Broken record.

Not worth a reply.

"trends in the United States and other Western countries, where the proportion of religiously unaffiliated people is expected to grow. "

It is you looking for a "win". I do not get all twisted up over what anyone else believes. I have my own take on " God", that I feel is fully based in logic, reason, and facts...and others have their own.
I was just pointing out how things REALLY are relative to Religion/Atheism in this world.
It is what it is.

Old 05-06-2018, 02:59 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,597,400 times
Quote:
Broken record.

Not worth a reply.

this is not a broken record? lmao, yeah right.

"deny everything" all the time!

Old 05-06-2018, 04:13 PM

Yes, I am looking for change so I have a reason to post. If what you say is true (and i wouldn't bet a nickel on it) what's the point in your post other than needle an atheist?

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 05-06-2018 at 04:25 PM..

Old 05-06-2018, 04:16 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,268,171 times
Quote:
Yes, I am looking for change so I have a reason to post. If what you say is true (and i wouldn't bet a nickel on it) what's the point in your pist other than needle an atheist?
I would not bet a penny on it!

Old 05-06-2018, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Time to insert some reality that counters your Time link but here goes.
Quote:
The religiously unaffiliated, called "nones," are growing significantly. They’re the second largest religious group in North America and most of Europe. In the United States, nones make up almost a quarter of the population. In the past decade, U.S. nones have overtaken Catholics, mainline protestants, and all followers of non-Christian faiths.
The World's Newest Major Religion: No Religion

I know the Millennial's take a lot of flack but you've got to give them a hand for saying NO Thanks to religion!

Old 05-06-2018, 04:31 PM

This is the reason religion is declining around the world. Just look at these foaming at the mouth religious fanatics imposing their will upon this guy for speaking the truth. Religion creates sick oppressive minds.

Egyptian TV Host Kicks Atheist Out of Studio, Recommending Psychiatric Treatment

Old 05-06-2018, 04:39 PM

In fact the projected figures (which are of course reliable quotable Verified scientific fact if it suits some kinds of Believers or just Sounds like it does) take account only of what people say, which doesn't altogether reflect what they think.

(j ) [as Jack the Rapper said, Just for Jolly] We get rumbles that there is a tremendous groundswell of irreligion in the Muslim world, and indeed atheists or just resentment by women who are not happy to swear that they love wearing coalsacks and being forbidden to read, write or drive a car. And Pew knows nothing of them. They could skew these confident projections of Islam sweeping the world.

(k) similarly a lot of Nones, Agnostics and non -religious are atheists and don't know it. I hear that a lot are saying "Oh - I'm irreligious, Agnostic, not an atheist. I just don't believe in God, that's all.

One of the reasons we post and talk and lecture and teach and evangelise is it's the only way they'll hear that the definition of atheists is 'someone who does not believe in a god'.

Old 05-06-2018, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
This is the reason religion is declining around the world. Just look at these foaming at the mouth religious fanatics imposing their will upon this guy for speaking the truth. Religion creates sick oppressive minds.

Egyptian TV Host Kicks Atheist Out of Studio, Recommending Psychiatric Treatment

If I was allowed to use foul language i would. I thought Creationists were bad but this is worse than anything I have EVER seen in the west on TV. And this isn't Iran or Yemen - this is Egypt where I thought the Islamic Boitherhood hadn't managed to hi -jack the revolution. I can't imagine it being any worse if they had.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality