Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 12:48 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,304,329 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
Of course Jews in Jesus time were Jews. It was later when early Christianity started letting in the non Jews that the split happened. Once that occured the 2 religions went their separate ways. Jesus did not create the Jews...... The God of Abraham did. Jesus didn't even set out to start a new religion it was Paul who did that.

The fact is that Judaism is a separate religion from Christianity and has been for a long time. Christians are no more Jews then Jews are Christians.
OH, my like I said before you don't seem to understand the bible and what God has said. LOL, Paul didn't start anything, God did. Paul didn't start a new religion, Paul was only the mouth peace that God used to take the Gospel to the Gentiles. Paul of one of many people that God used to speak and teach His Word, by the Holy Spirit. So, by you saying that Paul started a new religion is another false claim. Paul didn't start, He only continued to bring forth what God started in the beginning, and that was spreading the Gospel to everyone. In the beginning the Gospel was first given to the Jews, and God prepared the Jews to bring the Gospel to the Gentiles. That is not a new religion, that was the plan of God from the beginning.

Paul never taught on his on accord, The Holy Spirit was the one telling him what to teach.

The God of Abraham is The Father, The Son, The Holy Spirit, that equals one God.

Genesis 1:26

Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness. God was talking to Jesus and The Holy Spirit within Himself. Jesus is also the creator, the Jews were made in His image. Jesus is one with the Father, and the Word says that.

Jesus

John 1:3
Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.

Col.1:16-17
For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him. 17He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.

In the beginning God created, now you are seeing Jesus created.

In Genesis 1:2, you see that the Spirit was hovering over the face of the waters, that was The Holy Spirit.

Ananias and his wife lied to the Holy Spirit, and the scripture says that they didn't lie to man, but to God.
Quote:
Jesus did not create the Jews
The scriptures shows your words to be a lie. I am not surprised due to your lack of knowledge of the bible, LOL and you say that you are having an intelligent conversation.

If you would like to have an intelligent conversation about Jesus, I can show you how He is God by going through scripture, and I can show you how the Holy Spirit is God also by going through scripture. It is up to you. If you would like, we can do this is a manner where we don't have to throw insults at each other. I will simply provide you with the information and you can either accept it or reject it. I can do this without my opinions, if you would only like to go through scripture. It is really easy when you actually read what is being provided.

If you would like to really have an understanding of what the scriptures is saying, I challenge you, not for a debate or arguement, but a chance to look at scripture. You can also do the same. The ball is in your court. If you don't want to, I understand. Some people just are stuck in their mind set and don't want to really take the time to really see what has been provided.

Last edited by Miss Shawn_2828; 11-18-2009 at 01:46 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2009, 02:50 PM

1,186 posts, read 2,250,579 times
God is not the name of God .

the name of God is Allah even in the Bible

YouTube - The name of God is Allah even in the Bible

Old 11-18-2009, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsun View Post

Of course God is not His name, Yahweh is His name. God has many names and titles.

Old 11-18-2009, 03:18 PM

4,082 posts, read 5,042,823 times
Quote:

Yeah in an Arabic bible you would find the word Allah for God.

Old 11-18-2009, 03:39 PM

1,186 posts, read 2,250,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
Yeah in an Arabic bible you would find the word Allah for God.
The suffix "IM" of the word "ELOHIM" is a plural of respect in Hebrew.
(Remember that in Arabic and Hebrew there are two types of plurals. One of numbers and the other of honour as in Royal proclamations. Since the plural of honour is uncommon in the language of the European, he has confused these plurals to connote a plurality in the "godhead," hence his justification for his Doctrine of the Holy Trinity - the Father, Son and Holy Ghost).
Hence ELOHIM = ELOH + IM. Now I want you to perform an exercise. Do you see the words: YA-HUWA ELOH-IM? Place your left hand index finger on the first two letters "YA" meaning oh! and the other index finger on the "IM" a plural of respect. What you now have remaining in Huwa Eloh or Huwa Elah. El in Hebrew means god, and Elah or Eloh also stands for the same name - god. Therefore, "Huwa el Elah" or HUWA 'L LAH, which is identical to the Quranic expression - Huwal lah hu (meaning: HE IS ALLAH) of the verse QUL HUWAL LAH HU AHUD

Ahmed Deedat

Old 11-18-2009, 04:59 PM

353 posts, read 552,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post
OH, my like I said before you don't seem to understand the bible and what God has said. LOL,....
Quote:
The scriptures shows your words to be a lie. I am not surprised due to your lack of knowledge of the bible, LOL .......
Do you even know what LOL means? You need to say something funny or ironic to warrant a LOL. Being a tard doesn't cut it.
Maybe you should reread the scriptures and stop being self righteous jerk.

Quote:
The Jews in Jesus time never lost their so called Jew card by following Him. Ignorant people who say so, have no idea of the concept of what is going on.
You sure like to talk about ignorance. I guess your the expert. Ignorant is as ignorant does.

I try to defend Christians and their beliefs when I can because, I think, when used properly, religion is a good thing.
Most of my freinds are Christians and I think they are truly good people. How ever, they would never be as condesending, rude and smarmy as you.
Your the "I'm right, your wrong, everyone that doesn't believe like I do is going to burn in HELL" type of Christian. I think we all remember what you and your ilk have a history of doing.
I know christians, and you sir, are no christian.

Old 11-18-2009, 05:01 PM

559 posts, read 1,324,019 times
Quote:
The suffix "IM" of the word "ELOHIM" is a plural of respect in Hebrew.
(Remember that in Arabic and Hebrew there are two types of plurals. One of numbers and the other of honour as in Royal proclamations. Since the plural of honour is uncommon in the language of the European, he has confused these plurals to connote a plurality in the "godhead," hence his justification for his Doctrine of the Holy Trinity - the Father, Son and Holy Ghost).
Hence ELOHIM = ELOH + IM. Now I want you to perform an exercise. Do you see the words: YA-HUWA ELOH-IM? Place your left hand index finger on the first two letters "YA" meaning oh! and the other index finger on the "IM" a plural of respect. What you now have remaining in Huwa Eloh or Huwa Elah. El in Hebrew means god, and Elah or Eloh also stands for the same name - god. Therefore, "Huwa el Elah" or HUWA 'L LAH, which is identical to the Quranic expression - Huwal lah hu (meaning: HE IS ALLAH) of the verse QUL HUWAL LAH HU AHUD

Ahmed Deedat
Oh dear lord. Must we all argue with every single thing regarding. I am sure God/Allah/Yahuwa would not care what you called he/she. If fact, he is probably shaking his head over this whole situation. God/Allah is to complex for our tiny brains to comprehend and we will not even begin to understand him fully until we are with him/her/it.

Old 11-18-2009, 07:06 PM

1,553 posts, read 1,835,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikk View Post
How does this prove that Yahweh of the Jews is the same as Allah? BTW since you are posting on an English site, you don't need the Arabic.

Both Allah and Yahweh are the names of the Creator in Arabic and Hebrew, as is God in English.

The Quran is the word of God in Arabic, while the English words are my own words to give the meaning of the Arabic Quran.

So the Quran is in Arabic, but only the explanation is in English, and the English words are not the Quran, but only its explanation.

Old 11-18-2009, 07:29 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,603,290 times
Quote:
Now I want you to perform an exercise. Do you see the words: YA-HUWA ELOH-IM? Place your left hand index finger on the first two letters "YA" meaning oh! and the other index finger on the "IM" a plural of respect. What you now have remaining in Huwa Eloh or Huwa Elah. El in Hebrew means god, and Elah or Eloh also stands for the same name - god. Therefore, "Huwa el Elah" or HUWA 'L LAH, which is identical to the Quranic expression - Huwal lah hu (meaning: HE IS ALLAH) of the verse QUL HUWAL LAH HU AHUD
Well, you just discredited yourself for all time with that one! If you have to cover up this syllable or that one to come up (coincidentally) with a word you recognize, that's bad. Doesn't prove anything. I didn't think you'd stoop that low to make an argument.

Old 11-18-2009, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by offthefence View Post
Do you even know what LOL means? You need to say something funny or ironic to warrant a LOL. Being a tard doesn't cut it.
Maybe you should reread the scriptures and stop being self righteous jerk.

You sure like to talk about ignorance. I guess your the expert. Ignorant is as ignorant does.

I try to defend Christians and their beliefs when I can because, I think, when used properly, religion is a good thing.
Most of my freinds are Christians and I think they are truly good people. How ever, they would never be as condesending, rude and smarmy as you.
Your the "I'm right, your wrong, everyone that doesn't believe like I do is going to burn in HELL" type of Christian. I think we all remember what you and your ilk have a history of doing.
I know christians, and you sir, are no christian.
This has nothing to do with me being self righteous or being right, this has something to do with someone talking about something that is not in scripture and their words showing that they don't know what they are talking about.

I never said anything about me being right, I simply told the person that was in scripture, because it seems that the person had no clue to what they were talking about.

If by me providing the scripture and showing the persons error, then so be it.

By me saying that the person didn't seem to lack any knowledge of what the bible was saying is not an attack, it is simply saying that the person is not understanding what has been written.

The thing that kills me is people who come here and say this and that about the bible and are far off of really understanding what they are talking about. And when someone calls them out on that, someone like you says that the person is being to hard on the person for calling them out on their error.

Anyway, I am not a sir, and yes I am a Christian. I don't hide my mistakes, and I will admit my snappyness. When I see someone taking scripture out of context, I will call them out on it. If a person gets mad then that is there problem. I even offered to help the person understand the scripture without any insults.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality