Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 11:47 AM

4,367 posts, read 3,486,186 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Yes you are correct, God does not send people to hell. Missionaries help the church obey the great commission Matt 28:19. They help people learn that God is loving and sent Jesus to demonstrate His love for us.
Just as 2+2 doesn't equal five, so "love" is not compatible with people suffering in torment eternally. Only an Orwellian mindset can accept such a savage notion.

Quote:
They show them how to accept God's love and forgiveness of their sins. And as far as the people who have never heard about Jesus, Romans 1:18-20 explains that no one will have an excuse for not knowing God. Hell is real and is eternal and everyone has a choice to make.
So do you agree that there are people who might go to hell for not knowing the "way of salvation". Without the missionaries to tell them the way, they will die and go to hell. So the idea that all people who go to hell "choose" to go there is false, because there are some who would "accept Christ" but don't because no one ever taught them the "way of salvation".

So the notion that all who go to hell "choose" to go there has been shown false.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2009, 02:34 PM

23,020 posts, read 34,397,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
Just as 2+2 doesn't equal five, so "love" is not compatible with people suffering in torment eternally. Only an Orwellian mindset can accept such a savage notion.

So do you agree that there are people who might go to hell for not knowing the "way of salvation". Without the missionaries to tell them the way, they will die and go to hell. So the idea that all people who go to hell "choose" to go there is false, because there are some who would "accept Christ" but don't because no one ever taught them the "way of salvation".

So the notion that all who go to hell "choose" to go there has been shown false.

NO I do NOT agree, did you not read what I said??? My Quote...And as far as the people who have never heard about Jesus, Romans 1:18-20 explains that NO ONE WILL HAVE AN EXCUSE FOR NOT KNOWING GOD. Hell is REAL and is eternal and everyone has a choice to make.

Old 04-29-2009, 04:55 PM

4,367 posts, read 3,486,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
NO I do NOT agree, did you not read what I said??? My Quote...And as far as the people who have never heard about Jesus, Romans 1:18-20 explains that NO ONE WILL HAVE AN EXCUSE FOR NOT KNOWING GOD. Hell is REAL and is eternal and everyone has a choice to make.
Yes I read what you said, did you not read my reply?

My point is that the assertion that people "choose" to go to hell is ridiculous, seeing as how there are people who will go to hell because they did not know the "gospel". You agreed with such by saying that yes, indeed they will go to hell because they have "no excuse".

Old 04-29-2009, 05:08 PM

14,887 posts, read 17,174,505 times
How can hell be eternal if God is said to be love? Please see 1 Corinthians 13:4-8. Will many experience hell? Yes, for a higher purpose, but eternal hell is not taught in the scriptures.
Quote:

Just as 2+2 doesn't equal five, so "love" is not compatible with people suffering in torment eternally.
Amen. God bless.

Last edited by ShanaBrown; 04-29-2009 at 05:38 PM..

Old 04-29-2009, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
Yes I read what you said, did you not read my reply?

My point is that the assertion that people "choose" to go to hell is ridiculous, seeing as how there are people who will go to hell because they did not know the "gospel". You agreed with such by saying that yes, indeed they will go to hell because they have "no excuse".
NO! I said the Bible says EVERYONE WILL KNOW!! No one will have excuse for not knowing the truth. And eternal hell is taught in the Bible.

Old 04-29-2009, 11:29 PM

74 posts, read 126,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Yes you are correct, God does not send people to hell. Missionaries help the church obey the great commission Matt 28:19. They help people learn that God is loving and sent Jesus to demonstrate His love for us. They show them how to accept God's love and forgiveness of their sins. And as far as the people who have never heard about Jesus, Romans 1:18-20 explains that no one will have an excuse for not knowing God. Hell is real and is eternal and everyone has a choice to make.
What about an infant who can not comprehend the concept of God, or has never been told about Jesus and can not make that choice. Newborn infants who die shortly after birth are doomed to hell according to the New Testament because they have not accepted Jesus and therefore do not conform to the "great commission". I consider it naive to think there are no adults who die "these days" who are'nt aware of Jesus. I find it ridiculous to think these people will slow roast for eternity for simply not knowing that Jesus ever existed. You may want to read a little deeper into Romans, it does not say there is no excuse for not knowing God, it's says that those to whom God has been reveled by faith have no excuse for corrupting God.

Old 04-30-2009, 01:07 AM

2,255 posts, read 5,400,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proffhrdkncs View Post
What about an infant who can not comprehend the concept of God, or has never been told about Jesus and can not make that choice. Newborn infants who die shortly after birth are doomed to hell according to the New Testament because they have not accepted Jesus and therefore do not conform to the "great commission". I consider it naive to think there are no adults who die "these days" who are'nt aware of Jesus. I find it ridiculous to think these people will slow roast for eternity for simply not knowing that Jesus ever existed. You may want to read a little deeper into Romans, it does not say there is no excuse for not knowing God, it's says that those to whom God has been reveled by faith have no excuse for corrupting God.
Good points. I have always found that the most staunch promoters of this hideous lying belief seem euphoric over the fact that others who disagree with their self appointed truth are going to fry for eternity for not accepting salvation as they personally espouse it.

It should also be taken into account that there have been millions who have been turned off by the very hypocritical conduct over the centuries by the very ones claiming to be saved for accepting Jesus. Their lifestyle reflects far from anything taught in the "Sermon on the Mount". So what about the people who were turned away and stumbled by the unchristian conduct of those professing belief ??? They did'nt really have a choice because there was never anything Christian to observe in the first place. And most of the extreme lack of true spirituality has always come from the Clergy. Here's an interesting verse at Mark 9:42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark 9:42
"Whoever causes one of these little ones who believe to stumble, it would be better for him if, with a heavy millstone hung around his neck, he had been cast into the sea."
As I've always stated and continue to stand by the statement:
If there really is a burning firey Hell and eternal suffering of Damnation, then every Reverend, Pastor, Priest, Rabbi, Mullah, Monk, etc is first in line at the entrance.

Old 04-30-2009, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proffhrdkncs View Post
Babies do not go to hell And yes you might want to re-read Romans 1:20 so here it is...."From the time the world was created, people have seen the earth and sky and all that God made. They can clearly see His invisible qualities, His eternal power and divine nature. SO THEY HAVE NO EXCUSE WHATSOEVER FOR NOT KNOWING GOD".

Old 04-30-2009, 09:07 AM

43 posts, read 141,062 times
On earth you have many opportunities to change your life and become right with God. When you die it is too late. The choices you make are exactly that your choices no one is forcing you to do anything read the buble and it explains how to walk with God. Any question you have is in their you just have to read it.

Old 04-30-2009, 09:07 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,026,930 times
I just love the scare tactics of bible fanatics!

Hell is not now nor will it ever be an eternal place. It's a place of correction only. Everyone will get out eventually if they end up there.
If you really want to know what hell is, here is the answer. Hell is anyplace that God isn't. When you see God in His paradise, hell will not exist. Out side of God is hell. The more sin you have, the darker it is. Even in the darkest corners of hell can a person still see God eventually.
So, if you look at it that way, everyone goes to hell unless they become like God in every way. It's possible to do that here and not wait until you are in the spirit world but most people won't do it. They think that Jesus has taken on their sins like magic. But I tell you true, you are the only one who can save yourself, along with God and His Divine Love. Nothing else will get you to see God except for that. That is the truth of what Jesus taught in the bible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality