Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2009, 01:25 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,946,473 times

Advertisements

You could substitute whatever things might happen in this life to prevent entry to Heaven if you don't believe in demons, if you still want to explore the question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2009, 01:32 PM

1,088 posts, read 2,201,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Maybe one correction: if a fetus dies.........
You know, I do not understand the callous attitude toward the unborn. If somebody is pregnant they don't say "We're having a fetus!" or "The fetus kicked!" Plenty of women, myself included, have lost babies and children that were very much wanted, desired, and longed for, and to try to downgrade losses by saying "It was just a fetus" is calloused and cruel. There are times to be critical, and there are times to shelve it, man.

Old 06-09-2009, 01:33 PM

1,088 posts, read 2,201,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supernerdgirl View Post
wait, do the aborted "children" go to heaven? or do they go to hell because their mom was the heathen that aborted them? if they do get to go to heaven, then what's all the big to do about abortion? shouldn't the pro-lifers be happy that the "children" get to stay in heaven, cutting out the "middleman" of living on earth?
Not everybody that is pro life believes in heaven and hell.

Old 06-09-2009, 01:56 PM

2,529 posts, read 4,363,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spotted1 View Post
You know, I do not understand the callous attitude toward the unborn. If somebody is pregnant they don't say "We're having a fetus!" or "The fetus kicked!" Plenty of women, myself included, have lost babies and children that were very much wanted, desired, and longed for, and to try to downgrade losses by saying "It was just a fetus" is calloused and cruel. There are times to be critical, and there are times to shelve it, man.
My thoughts exactly, spotted.

Old 06-09-2009, 01:58 PM

1,553 posts, read 1,842,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Maybe one correction: if a fetus dies.........

If a fetus dies, his spirit will disintegrate and vanish.

If the baby dies before 40 days old, his spirit will also disintegrate and vanish.

But if the baby dies when he is 40 days old and over (but before puberty or adulthood), his soul will be firmly formed and he/she will be admitted to Paradise, and no child will go to Hell.

But if he dies when he is adult, then he will be admitted to Paradise or Hell according to what he deserves: concerning his monotheism or polytheism, his righteous or evil work.

Man after Death

Last edited by eanassir; 06-09-2009 at 02:16 PM..

Old 06-09-2009, 02:00 PM

806 posts, read 2,348,322 times
Quote:
wait, do the aborted "children" go to heaven? or do they go to hell because their mom was the heathen that aborted them? if they do get to go to heaven, then what's all the big to do about abortion? shouldn't the pro-lifers be happy that the "children" get to stay in heaven, cutting out the "middleman" of living on earth?

Old 06-09-2009, 02:00 PM

4,323 posts, read 6,042,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spotted1 View Post
People who don't understand have never lost a child or the ability to have children. They mean well, just don't understand so they will say things that make others upset even if it isn't their intention.
Don't let others make you upset because they don't understand. The ones who lost babies will just need to teach the ones who haven't.

Old 06-09-2009, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Oh yeah, "PRO-life" people should be happy that a woman is murdering her child.

Old 06-09-2009, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eanassir View Post
If a fetus dies, his spirit will disintegrate and vanish.

But if the born baby is 40 days and over (before puberty or adulthood), his soul will be firmly formed and he will be admitted to Paradise or Hell.

But when he will become adult, then he will be judged at first then admitted to Paradise.

Man after Death
Wait, you believe a baby who is not born yet, or one that is born but isn't yet 40 days old, has no soul?

Old 06-09-2009, 02:06 PM

4,323 posts, read 6,042,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarmig View Post
You could substitute whatever things might happen in this life to prevent entry to Heaven if you don't believe in demons, if you still want to explore the question.
We could substitute it for abusive parents. That would still mean the mother would be in darkness because she aborted the child just so that the child wouldn't have to be abused. The reason being, she has to make a choice to stay in the relationship knowing the child will be abused or take the child out of the relationship and find a better way of life for the child or give it to another family who can love it and take care of it.
I sometimes wish my parents did that with me but I am stronger for being raised in the abusive home. I have strength and character. i can teach others how to overcome that kind of situation.
There are always positives in any situation. Even if it seems there aren't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality