Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 01:41 AM

3,223 posts, read 10,105,741 times

Advertisements

What if the mother unintentionally suffered a miscarriage, would the child still be able to go to Heaven?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2009, 04:01 AM

134 posts, read 169,146 times
hmm... If all children that die before they are born get a free ticket into Heaven, why wouldn’t “hell believing” mothers-to-be just have abortions? Why risk the possibility of your kids growing up but ultimately burning in hell forever? Some people believe in the equally unbiblical concept of “the age of accountability”. If you are one of these, the question is, why not kill your kids before this age to insure Heaven? Or to both groups: Why have children at all? Maybe it would be better if they were never born, just like Jesus supposedly said.

The Universal Reconciliation and Jewish folks get big points from me on this one!

Grace & Peace John (not that anyone needs my approval)

Old 06-10-2009, 05:36 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,026,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarmig View Post
I think I'm not framing the crux of my question clearly.

Would it not be preferable, from the point of view of self-sacrifice, to darken one's own soul to prevent the child from darkening theirs?

So would it be necessarily a bad thing for woman to abort a child, not because the child might be abuse or have a bad life, but because the child might become an abuser or a person otherwise unfit for heaven?

Statistically, the longer a person is alive, the greater the chance of temptation towards the unclean, impure, sinful parts of human nature.

It seems to me that the way the rules are written, a dead child has a 100% chance of achieving heaven, while a child surviving to adulthood has less than 100%, due to ever more exposure to temptation and opportunity for failure.

If the goal is to get as many innocent and worthy people into heaven as possible, would it not be prudent to accept a personal darkening of the soul to aid the innocent before their chances diminish?

See, this is why I'm not supposed to apply game theory to religion.
The thing is, we never know how our children will turn out so we can't really determine if we should abort for the child's sake or not. Adolph Hitler is a good example. His mother had no idea what he would become. (He did eventually find his way into the Celestial Heavens though)

In the big picture, God was alone and wanted to experience. He created souls out of His love so that those souls could experience for Him. We are experiencing life for God. It matters not what that experience is as long as we experience. God would not know hate, jealousy, fear, war, or even death if He had not created us. Now as humans, and including all other species, we have to let that experience get us back to God. It matters not how long or which path we take or even if we choose not to believe in a God. We have eternity.

At the soul level of a human experiencing, when we cut off a soul from that experience, we are denying that soul the right to experience and, to God, that is not what His intentions are. To us it's sin but to God we are denying Him life or experience.

Does that make more sense?

Old 06-10-2009, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfraysse View Post
hmm... If all children that die before they are born get a free ticket into Heaven, why wouldn’t “hell believing” mothers-to-be just have abortions? Why risk the possibility of your kids growing up but ultimately burning in hell forever? Some people believe in the equally unbiblical concept of “the age of accountability”. If you are one of these, the question is, why not kill your kids before this age to insure Heaven? Or to both groups: Why have children at all? Maybe it would be better if they were never born, just like Jesus supposedly said.

The Universal Reconciliation and Jewish folks get big points from me on this one!

Grace & Peace John (not that anyone needs my approval)
You have to understand that heaven is a HUGE place and there are many levels to heaven. When I say they get to heaven, it means they go to a heaven that is fitted for infants. They are taken care of by special guardians that only care for infants until the age of accountability (when they are able to choose God or not) They still have to make a choice, sooner or later, to either be in the natural love heavens or the Divine Love heavens. They just don't get to experience the earth life.

Old 06-10-2009, 05:41 AM

2,339 posts, read 4,403,480 times
[quote=eanassir;9218564]The baby less than 40 days old cannot hear, see; but after the age of 40 days he can hear and see; by this age the hearing, the eye-sight and the spiritual heart have been formed for

Oh please tell me you don't believe this???! I don't care what religous book you got it from...it is a LIE. Let's see....my son would turn his head at my voice at only 2 or 3 weeks old...and my baby girl stopped crying when she would SEE and HEAR me! No one else...just me....wow!

Old 06-10-2009, 07:17 AM

2,529 posts, read 4,353,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniMae1 View Post
Oh please tell me you don't believe this???! I don't care what religous book you got it from...it is a LIE. Let's see....my son would turn his head at my voice at only 2 or 3 weeks old...and my baby girl stopped crying when she would SEE and HEAR me! No one else...just me....wow!
Those were my exact thoughts, Dani. A baby does see and hear before 40 days old.

Old 06-10-2009, 08:45 AM

1,553 posts, read 1,836,568 times
The child is certainly innocent, but the fetus and the newly born baby (of less than 40 days old) is useless, as has been expressed by some posters here.

Such fetus and less than 40 days old baby cannot see, hear or realize anything, and still the soul has not firmly been formed for him.

See here some practical observations to convince you that the fetus and the baby of less than 40 days age, does not hear or see
Man after Death
Then, from the list of Contents click on:
The fetus neither hears nor sees

Last edited by eanassir; 06-10-2009 at 09:10 AM..

Old 06-10-2009, 08:54 AM

Although I can't prove it other than give the reference of a message,however, the soul actually goes in to the fetus at around the 4th or 5th month of pregnancy. Newborns definately have souls. It's the first trimester of pregnancy where the soul is not implanted yet.

Old 06-10-2009, 09:45 AM

134 posts, read 169,146 times
The problem is the Dogma of Original Sin and how we are “saved”. Paul is given credit for these doctrines, but seems incoherent concerning them. Compare Roman 3:28 “Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.” with what Paul just finished writing in Roman 2:13 “For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.” So those who “do” the Law are (or shall be) Justified. Say what? Which is it, Paul?

Worse yet, for me at least, there is no conclusive proof, in the Bible, that Jesus thought he was a ransom for “Adam’s Sin”. Jesus was a Jew. Jews believed then, and believe now, that each person is responsible for their own sin. They do not condemn themselves solely because they are “sons of Adam” as Original Sin requires. This is why the RCC and other Christian denominations baptize babies – to cover their endemic sin nature inherited from Adam.

Grace & Peace, John(sad that we even need to talk about this)

Old 06-10-2009, 09:59 AM

1,553 posts, read 1,836,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
Although I can't prove it other than give the reference of a message,however, the soul actually goes in to the fetus at around the 4th or 5th month of pregnancy. Newborns definately have souls. It's the first trimester of pregnancy where the soul is not implanted yet.
True, Reverend1111.

But it is the spirit that has been given to the fetus by the 4th month.

The difference between the spirit and the soul: is that the soul hears, sees and realize. This occurs about the age of 40 days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality