Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2018, 01:08 PM

6,222 posts, read 4,018,212 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
it is? just where do you see it?
LOL. Down some rabbit hole somewhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2018, 01:08 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,421,397 times
Quote:
it is? just where do you see it?
Is a sperm alive and an egg?
I guess the sperm moves all around....so is it the egg that is not alive and becomes life, gabfest?

Old 11-12-2018, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Is a sperm alive and an egg?
I guess the sperm moves all around....so is it the egg that is not alive and becomes life, gabfest?
Are you asking whether or not the egg incubates the sperm?

Old 11-12-2018, 01:17 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,606,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
Wikipedia
Conservation of energy.
In physics, the law of conservation of energy states that the total energy of an isolated system remains constant, it is said to be conserved over time. This law means that energy can neither be created nor destroyed; rather, it can only be transformed or transferred from one form to another.

Above is the law of Conservation of energy. I didn't make it up, nor did I overstate it. It's one of the foundations of modern physics. It's a LAW, which indicates that it is considered inviolate. Is it really inviolate? Could we, at some point in the future, discover that there are variations to the law. Of course that is ALWAYS a possibility. But as it stands, the question is settled. Like it or not, "energy can neither be created nor destroyed." Which means that it is eternal.

The question has been answered. Those that for personal reasons prefer to make up a different answer and declare it to be true choose not to accept this answer. But the question HAS BEEN ANSWERED.

Life comes from non life. How do we know that? Because life is composed of non living material. Scientists classify things as alive if they can carry out these 8 LIFE FUNCTIONS.

R- Respiration
R- Regulation
R- Reproduction
E- Excretion
G- Growth
N- Nutrition
T- Transport
S- Synthesis

The 8 Life Functions

Life is composed of four basic organic compounds; carbohydrates, lipids, proteins, and nucleic acids. In between these simple organic compounds and the prokaryotes, the simplest form of true life (single celled bacteria) which are formed from these organic compounds, there is a stage known as protobiont.

Wikipedia
Protocell
A protocell (or protobiont) is a self-organized, endogenously ordered, spherical collection of lipids proposed as a stepping-stone to the origin of life.[1][2] A central question in evolution is how simple protocells first arose and how they could differ in reproductive output, thus enabling the accumulation of novel biological emergences over time, i.e. biological evolution. Although a functional protocell has not yet been achieved in a laboratory setting, the goal to understand the process appears well within reach.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protocell

Biology Cabinet
Scientists think that the protobionts are the evolutionary precursors of prokaryotic cells. Protobionts may be originated as an array of microspheres of diverse organic and inorganic compounds enclosed by lipidic membranes. Proteins, carbohydrates, lipids, and other organic substances were the most important autocatalytic organic compounds. Water was a very important factor in the assembly of the protobionts' endoplasm. After this event, several microspheres could self-organize into organelles that were able to perform specific functions; for example, lysosomes, peroxisomes, vacuoles, etc.

Gradually, some segments of the external membrane would invaginate for forming membranous organelles, like endoplasmic reticulum and Golgi apparatus. First protobionts would not have a nucleus membrane (nuclear envelope); consequently, they could be identified like prokaryotes.
Protobiont

Rocks are composed of exactly the same protons, neutrons and electrons that living things are composed of. The protons, neutrons and electrons that make up rocks are interchangeable with the protons, neutrons and electrons that make up living things. Livings things, driven by quantum mechanics, have undergone a molecular process called organic chemistry. Quantum mechanics and organic chemistry are not intuitive or easy to understand however. It's certainly much easier to propose that voodoo and make believe did it all. Or to put it another way, ignorance is the easier path.

Scientific principles are not created to make people feel all warm and fuzzy about their existence, this is true. Scientific principle have been painstakingly created by examining the evidence at hand, and then accepting what is observed at face value. So the people who do not like the evidence that has been presenting itself are faced with two choices: One is to go through the time and effort to learn, understand and accept what the evidence is telling us, so as to be eligible for the high paying scientifically based tech jobs. Or to make up answers they find personally satisfying, which in turns makes them only eligible for waiting on tables, and flipping burgers. Education is the pathway to higher paying jobs. Education is also proving to be the death knell for superstition and make believe, however.
yeah, I familiar with the standard model. But you are over stating the certainty of "has been here forever" based on the conservation laws. We don't know for sure is all I am saying. In fact, I limit the discussion to just our universe to make it simple. we came from something or we came from nothing. You pick it.

Life isn't voodoo magic. But we are in a system that is more complex than humans. If you classify humans as "alive", what do you classify the larger, more complex, systems?

Old 11-12-2018, 01:25 PM

Quote:
yeah, I familiar with the standard model. But you are over stating the certainty of "has been here forever" based on the conservation laws. We don't know for sure is all I am saying. In fact, I limit the discussion to just our universe to make it simple. we came from something or we came from nothing. You pick it.

Life isn't voodoo magic. But we are in a system that is more complex than humans. If you classify humans as "alive", what do you classify the larger, more complex, systems?
Well, since we can see matter, it has to be nothing.

Old 11-12-2018, 01:42 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,775,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
Are you asking whether or not the egg incubates the sperm?
I suppose it is, when you think about it. Without fertilisation, an egg is no more than 'Best before June 12th" in the store.

Old 11-12-2018, 03:10 PM

19,088 posts, read 27,667,472 times
Quote:

So you limit whatever you want to limit for the convenience of fitting into your opinion?

Yes, it has been forever. And humans are not just alive. Humans, well, most of them, are conscious of being conscious. That determines them from a Nature side of everything, as in the Nature side, everything is conscious only as its function.

AA, OP is - where all came from.

It didn't come from anywhere. It had always been. "best" minds simply somehow can't get out of "this universe" box. Just like you.

While whatever is now, came form somewhere. In its entirety. And if it came from nowhere/nothing, that is a miracle and then God was involved, with all its attributes of being eternal. Ergo, non concepted or created by anything. Another miracle, if you accept the first one. Once you accept A miracle, the rest doe snot matter.

Much simpler, this came from that before and that before and that before and so into eternity.

As this has intelligence in it, then it is only logical to presume that that also had it and that before and that before and so into eternity.
Ergo, from standpoint of eternity, universe and intelligence ALWAYS exist. Not 10 to 1238976655877456788665453 power years of existence.

ALWAYS.

Is it that hard to accept?

Both intelligence and whatever physical universes manifest out of, simply exist OUTSIDE of the physical reality. One, you call universe. THEY give birth, source, to both physical as you know it and intelligence as you know it. That's it. ETERNAL.

Old 11-12-2018, 03:16 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,421,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
We've all seen life coming from non-life, and it's easily demonstrated.
I'll watch if it's Tom Brady and ...well, anyone.

Old 11-13-2018, 02:00 AM

4,747 posts, read 2,354,054 times
Quote:

Human beings do not possess the superpower necessary to know anything for certain. The best we can do is reach a point of high certainty. The laws of physics represent the highest order of certainty that mortal humans are capable of reaching.

Life is NOT voodoo magic, I agree. Life is the result of billions of years organic chemistry at work. Like everything else, organic chemistry is driven by the 24/7 nature of the process of ongoing change known as quantum mechanics.

Old 11-13-2018, 02:01 AM

1 posts, read 213 times
Default hello everyone

this post is really vert amazing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality