Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 03:59 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,985,985 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav Scout wife View Post
But not all of us have returned to Israel, make no mistake I want to go on a pilgrimage, but funds are not available in the foreseeable future.
I don't believe all of the Jewish people will return. I do believe the vast majority will. That includes most of the Jewish people here in the States. Actually, in the future there will be a great motivation for the Jewish people here in America to leave. Alone with many other people. The Bible indicates that America will have two years of warning before she is destroyed in one hours time. So many people will be leaving the states in the future, along with the Jewish people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2009, 05:02 AM

3,580 posts, read 6,315,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
You simply do not want to find errors, contradictions or additions to the new testament. Your research is dishonest, because there are many and they have nothing to do with interpretation.
LOL, I aswered your questions, but you fail to answer mine. My research is all honest and you couldn't even dispute the little and easy stuff that I listed. If you had really did any research, you would have been able to debate against what I wrote. Which proves you don't have a clue.

Atleast I am able to say ok, what errors, and i will find out if it is true or not. You can't even do what. All the information that I provided and the research that I gave you, the only thing you can say is, your research is dishonest. That to me tells me you are ducking and hiding because you relize that I actually study and research as I say I do, unlike you.

If my research is so dishonest, then tell me how? I will wait.

If I didn't care about errors, I would never take the time to research them. You don't even do that.

I can debate you all day about errors and interpretation, or what ever, you will only skip answering my questions.

For the second or third time, you didn't answer my question, which makes me believe that you are full of it and don't really do research. LOL, if you really want to debate then step your game up, and stop wasting my time.

I'll ask you again how much research do you actually do in finding if what the scholar is saying is right or wrong. I gave you what I do when I get information from scholars.

If my research is so dishonest, what is so dishonest about it? Nothing, I'm sure you only play the card, because you realize your ignorance or not knowing what you are talking about.

Once again you show little to really knowing anything. I see why people leave this form, having to deal with people not actually knowing what they are talking about or failing to want to answer easy questions.

When a person feels that they are wrong, they want answer questions.

So, once again I will ask you again in this post. What type of research do you do, how do you varify if it is right or wrong, do you actually research the scholars work, do you request for them to send you all of their work.

If you don't do that you have nothing but hot air!! This will be my last conversation with you. I really don't like debating with someone who can't answer or refuse to answer question, like I said before you really don't have what you say that you have.

I list what I do, how i get it and other else. YOu only throw out words of attack because you can't debate against actual information.

I know an atheists and I actually like the guy, because he does his research and we can debate for hours on what we actually know. You can't even do that. Lame lame To be honest we have become friends and we have these little debate matches all the time. I mean the guy does his work, and I like that. I don't have anything against atheists, but you seem to not know anything. This really was a waste of my time.

It really ticks me off when I talk or speak with someone who can't back up what they talk. Better luck next time. LOL

Last edited by Miss Shawn_2828; 06-30-2009 at 05:44 AM..

Old 06-30-2009, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav Scout wife View Post
It clearly states that orientation is not wrong, but acting upon it is wrong.

Some Orthodox circles suggest that if homosexuality is truly "hardwired" into the brain, then it can not be prevented.

Also, the passages refer to male homosexuality.

Female sexuality is considered licentious, but no other mention is really made.
It seems that you trip up on your own study, what is male homosexuality? If you can answer that, then ding ding ding. It's in the Torah

Last edited by Miss Shawn_2828; 06-30-2009 at 05:43 AM..

Old 06-30-2009, 07:46 AM

4,655 posts, read 5,082,999 times
To anyone that reads the Bible at its word, it's simply clear that sex outside of marriage is prohibited. People will come on here and give twisted interpretations of the Hebrew or Greek, sounding smart, and telling you stuff that, unless you are a greek scholar, you can't verify to know they're wrong.

Bottom line is that God ordained marriage as 1 man, 1 woman. He tolerated men taking multiple wives, but he never allowed for 2 men or 2 women. And unless you're married, sex is prohibited.

That's just the way it is.

Old 06-30-2009, 08:43 AM

3,260 posts, read 6,779,685 times
Geez I can't believe you finally found something I could hole heartedly agree with. Indeed. There is not to be a marriage between Ben and Ken. EVER. and technically indeed sex was to be saved for the marriage bed. Oh well. How many followed that one

Old 06-30-2009, 09:12 AM

33,593 posts, read 37,230,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post
LOL, I aswered your questions, but you fail to answer mine. My research is all honest and you couldn't even dispute the little and easy stuff that I listed. If you had really did any research, you would have been able to debate against what I wrote. Which proves you don't have a clue.

Atleast I am able to say ok, what errors, and i will find out if it is true or not. You can't even do what. All the information that I provided and the research that I gave you, the only thing you can say is, your research is dishonest. That to me tells me you are ducking and hiding because you relize that I actually study and research as I say I do, unlike you.

If my research is so dishonest, then tell me how? I will wait.

If I didn't care about errors, I would never take the time to research them. You don't even do that.

I can debate you all day about errors and interpretation, or what ever, you will only skip answering my questions.

For the second or third time, you didn't answer my question, which makes me believe that you are full of it and don't really do research. LOL, if you really want to debate then step your game up, and stop wasting my time.

I'll ask you again how much research do you actually do in finding if what the scholar is saying is right or wrong. I gave you what I do when I get information from scholars.

If my research is so dishonest, what is so dishonest about it? Nothing, I'm sure you only play the card, because you realize your ignorance or not knowing what you are talking about.

Once again you show little to really knowing anything. I see why people leave this form, having to deal with people not actually knowing what they are talking about or failing to want to answer easy questions.

When a person feels that they are wrong, they want answer questions.

So, once again I will ask you again in this post. What type of research do you do, how do you varify if it is right or wrong, do you actually research the scholars work, do you request for them to send you all of their work.

If you don't do that you have nothing but hot air!! This will be my last conversation with you. I really don't like debating with someone who can't answer or refuse to answer question, like I said before you really don't have what you say that you have.

I list what I do, how i get it and other else. YOu only throw out words of attack because you can't debate against actual information.

I know an atheists and I actually like the guy, because he does his research and we can debate for hours on what we actually know. You can't even do that. Lame lame To be honest we have become friends and we have these little debate matches all the time. I mean the guy does his work, and I like that. I don't have anything against atheists, but you seem to not know anything. This really was a waste of my time.

It really ticks me off when I talk or speak with someone who can't back up what they talk. Better luck next time. LOL
Your words...."We found that they are not condradictions or errors, just people not understanding scripture and their ignorance"

Since you deny that there are errors in the new testament, and it is common knowledge that there are, I call your research dishonest.
You waffled long enough before admitting that.

Your method of debate seems strange to me also. I ask question... you call me a person of little intelligence, attack my method of research, but don't answer my question.

Old 06-30-2009, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
To anyone that reads the Bible at its word, it's simply clear that sex outside of marriage is prohibited. People will come on here and give twisted interpretations of the Hebrew or Greek, sounding smart, and telling you stuff that, unless you are a greek scholar, you can't verify to know they're wrong.

Bottom line is that God ordained marriage as 1 man, 1 woman. He tolerated men taking multiple wives, but he never allowed for 2 men or 2 women. And unless you're married, sex is prohibited.

That's just the way it is.

Old 06-30-2009, 09:14 AM

33,593 posts, read 37,230,635 times
I guess some of you guys want this thread locked, since you are turning into yet another gay vs christian debate????

Old 06-30-2009, 10:26 AM

5,553 posts, read 8,019,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
Bottom line is that God ordained marriage as 1 man, 1 woman. He tolerated men taking multiple wives, but he never allowed for 2 men or 2 women.
God tolerated one and not the other? I wonder why and why it's in the favor of the men.

Old 06-30-2009, 10:35 AM

71 posts, read 112,275 times
It is such a vague prophecy... It doesn't even mention the states

P.S. I really dont care about the issue of homosexuality. If its going to get this thread locked, i would appreciate it if everyone stopped talking about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality