Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 07:48 PM

10 posts, read 13,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by *sherry* View Post
Some of us have actually felt and heard from God...
All we needed to do is open our hearts to Him...and REALLY believe...
..because since I have experienced God it is impossible for me, personally, to even question His existence as not being possible..

I would love for everyone to be able to believe...without a doubt...
this, I think about a lot.

This is not meant to be "condescending" at all.

But, can you describe "God?" Can you tell us of "His existence?" What "belief" would you like us all to "believe...without a doubt?" Isn't skepticism and doubt a healthy precept of your belief? And if not, why not?

At a very young age, I related to the "religious clergy" as nothing more than mere interpreters (false prophets) of a 2000 year old story that had little to do with my 21st century life, thoughts, or questions about life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2009, 08:21 PM

3,412 posts, read 10,184,697 times
Quote:
This sounds very condescending...
think...
Do we not think if we are Christians?
and yes, I know I will get many negative remarks back for saying what I just said.
oh well..
that's okay...because since I have experienced God it is impossible for me, personally, to even question His existence as not being possible..

Why is questioning not possible? That exactly what boggles my mind.
Why?? What is that you afraid to question? Believing in something that isn't proven, without doubts? I'm sorry, i don't mean to sound condescending, but you haven't answer the question. Or you even afraid to take a guess?

Old 07-15-2009, 08:56 PM

852 posts, read 1,367,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShepsMom View Post
Why is questioning not possible? That exactly what boggles my mind.
Why?? What is that you afraid to question? Believing in something that isn't proven, without doubts? I'm sorry, i don't mean to sound condescending, but you haven't answer the question. Or you even afraid to take a guess?
I just don't think you understand.
Why would I need to guess what I would do if God didn't exist when I know He does.
It has nothing to do with being afraid.
I simply replied because according to a prior post of yours it sounded like you were saying that Christians don't think...which is so untrue.
He may not be proven in your eyes....but He is proven to me.

Old 07-15-2009, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esoteric1 View Post
This is not meant to be "condescending" at all.

But, can you describe "God?" Can you tell us of "His existence?" What "belief" would you like us all to "believe...without a doubt?" Isn't skepticism and doubt a healthy precept of your belief? And if not, why not?

At a very young age, I related to the "religious clergy" as nothing more than mere interpreters (false prophets) of a 2000 year old story that had little to do with my 21st century life, thoughts, or questions about life.
Hi esoteric,
I don't know that skepticism and doubt is at all "healthy" for a Christian.
John 3:16 puts it plainly to us.
Believe....
Believe with all your heart...
no room for doubt or skepticism in someone's heart who truely believes.

I am sorry about your experience that you speak of with religion at a very young age...
You are right, there are many "false" Christians in this world.
My hope and prayer would be that you could experience the love of God for yourself and not "just" through the people you call interpreters.

Old 07-15-2009, 09:38 PM

10 posts, read 13,270 times
Quote:
I just don't think you understand.
Why would I need to guess what I would do if God didn't exist when I know He does.

How do you *know* ? And since you *know* and do not *need to guess* why not answer the question? No need to answer though.

Old 07-15-2009, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esoteric1 View Post
How do you *know* ? And since you *know* and do not *need to guess* why not answer the question? No need to answer though.
If you truely wanted to know...believe me, I would tell you. But you answered the question by saying....
"No need to answer"
If you are still interested...you can read my back posts...there are many...but at one time I did post about why I believe in God right here on this forum....then the hecklers came to judge what I had to say and I quit talking about it on this forum.
I do believe if you knew me in person, you'd know that what I have said in the past on this forum does have merit.
But since you don't...I could not blame you for questioning my sincerity or my sanity as far as that goes...there are all types of people out there.
Take Care Esoteric1

Old 07-16-2009, 02:33 AM

15 posts, read 18,384 times
...god was proven to be True (Non-believers?)

I would ask him WTF? No Joke!

Old 07-16-2009, 08:34 AM

1,243 posts, read 2,813,469 times
What if it was someone else's religion was proven the "right" one (whatever that means)? Would everyone who is devout switch to that one or stay with their own? I'm not devout but I would stick with mine if I was. I think it would boil down to the reasons why you stuck with yours...would it be a matter of your just mad your wrong, or is it you feel a sense of, "I'll go down with the ship" thing. I think if you could prove your religion was right it would be rude to release it. Proving God, I think would be wondferful, but as for specifics, I think it's more about the journey.

Old 07-16-2009, 12:56 PM

50,089 posts, read 20,830,695 times
Quote:
This sounds very condescending...
think...
Do we not think if we are Christians?
and yes, I know I will get many negative remarks back for saying what I just said.
oh well..
that's okay...because since I have experienced God it is impossible for me, personally, to even question His existence as not being possible..

As regards "Think" we can take that as a "No" then?

Old 07-17-2009, 10:50 PM

5,525 posts, read 7,365,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShepsMom View Post
(Speaking of Biblical God here)

... god was proven to be False (Christians?)

...god was proven to be True (Non-believers?)

What would you do? How would it change your life?
If God was proven not to exist, I would pray that God do something to disprove them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality