Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 05:11 AM

1,553 posts, read 1,841,452 times

Advertisements

I shall shutter the head of the atheism,

and I say: God's word is true and the word of the atheist is false,

and the testimony of God is the best testimony or witness,

and I believe the story of Noah in the Quran and it is also mentioned in the Bible better than believing the fallacy and sophistication of the atheist.

This is in the Quran 6: 19
قُلْ أَيُّ شَيْءٍ أَكْبَرُ شَهَادةً قُلِ اللّهِ شَهِيدٌ بِيْنِي وَبَيْنَكُمْ وَأُوحِيَ إِلَيَّ هَذَا الْقُرْآنُ لأُنذِرَكُم بِهِ وَمَن بَلَغَ أَئِنَّكُمْ لَتَشْهَدُونَ أَنَّ مَعَ اللّهِ آلِهَةً أُخْرَى قُل لاَّ أَشْهَدُ قُلْ إِنَّمَا هُوَ إِلَهٌ وَاحِدٌ وَإِنَّنِي بَرِيءٌ مِّمَّا تُشْرِكُونَ

The explanation:
(Say [Mohammed to these disbelievers]: "What thing bears a most serious witness [: words of God or words of people?]"

Say: "God is a Witness between me and you [that He has sent me to you, and His words [: the Quran, testify that for my behalf];

and this Quran has been revealed to me to warn you therewith [of God's punishment if you do not believe and abandon the idolatry];

and him who reaches [his age of adulthood is to be warned in like manner.]

Is it so that you give witness that there are other gods besides God!?"

Say: "I do not give such a witness, and indeed I am clear of all that you associate [with God.]")
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2009, 09:03 AM

The story of Noah in the Quran/ 1

God – be glorified – said in the Quran 7: 59-64
لَقَدْ أَرْسَلْنَا نُوحًا إِلَى قَوْمِهِ فَقَالَ يَا قَوْمِ اعْبُدُواْ اللَّهَ مَا لَكُم مِّنْ إِلَـهٍ غَيْرُهُ إِنِّيَ أَخَافُ عَلَيْكُمْ عَذَابَ يَوْمٍ عَظِيمٍ . قَالَ الْمَلأُ مِن قَوْمِهِ إِنَّا لَنَرَاكَ فِي ضَلاَلٍ مُّبِينٍ . قَالَ يَا قَوْمِ لَيْسَ بِي ضَلاَلَةٌ وَلَكِنِّي رَسُولٌ مِّن رَّبِّ الْعَالَمِينَ . أُبَلِّغُكُمْ رِسَالاَتِ رَبِّي وَأَنصَحُ لَكُمْ وَأَعْلَمُ مِنَ اللّهِ مَا لاَ تَعْلَمُونَ . أَوَعَجِبْتُمْ أَن جَاءكُمْ ذِكْرٌ مِّن رَّبِّكُمْ عَلَى رَجُلٍ مِّنكُمْ لِيُنذِرَكُمْ وَلِتَتَّقُواْ وَلَعَلَّكُمْ تُرْحَمُونَ . فَكَذَّبُوهُ فَأَنجَيْنَاهُ وَالَّذِينَ مَعَهُ فِي الْفُلْكِ وَأَغْرَقْنَا الَّذِينَ كَذَّبُواْ بِآيَاتِنَا إِنَّهُمْ كَانُواْ قَوْماً عَمِينَ

The explanation:

(We sent Noah to his people; and he said: "O my people, serve God! You have no god other than He; truly, I fear for you the doom of a dreadful day."

Said the chiefs of his people: "We see you in manifest error."

Said he: "My people, I have not been misguided, but I am a messenger from the Lord of the worlds."

"I convey to you the messages of my Lord, and I am sincere to you [with words and work], and I know from God [by revelation] that which you do not know, [so follow my words, and do not contradict my saying.]"

"Do you wonder that an admonition from your Lord should come to you by [the lips of] a man from among you? That he may warn you [of worshipping idols], and that you should ward off [the disobedience of] God, and haply to find mercy.

But they cried him lies, so We delivered him and those [who believed] with him in the Ark, and We drowned those who cried lies to our signs; assuredly they were a blind people.)

The Disagreement of the

Old 07-14-2009, 09:17 AM

970 posts, read 1,702,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eanassir View Post
I shall shutter the head of the atheism,

and I say: God's word is true and the word of the atheist is false,

and the testimony of God is the best testimony or witness,

and I believe the story of Noah in the Quran and it is also mentioned in the Bible better than believing the fallacy and sophistication of the atheist.
In other words: "I'm right, you're wrong, and I don't have to explain why".

How old are you?

Old 07-14-2009, 09:26 AM

122 posts, read 224,800 times
Don't take anything scientific from a holy book, I'm just saying.

But, how do years get shorter?

Old 07-14-2009, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeatLoaf_Enchilada View Post
Don't take anything scientific from a holy book, I'm just saying.

But, how do years get shorter?

Years get longer by time:
The sun spins around itself because of its extreme internal heat.
When its internal heat lessens by time, its spinning around itself will also lessen.
The sun spins around itself, and by its gravity effect, it drags the planets including the earth to circle around the sun.
Therefore, when the spinning of the sun decreases, the dragging effect to the planets will decrease, and this will lead to slowing the duration of the planet circling around the sun: lengthening of its year.

i.e. in the past the year was shorter than it is now.

Moreover, the earth will lose its internal heat by time, and this will lead to lengthening of the day by time.

i.e. the day was shorter in the past than it is now.

Second: the Quran includes many ayat with scientific implications, and some of the Quran ayat precede the science.

ÕÃÃÉ ÃŒÃíÃÉ 1
Then from the list of Contents, click on:
An anticipated meeting between the inhabitants of Earth and the inhabitants of some other planets

Old 07-14-2009, 02:16 PM

5,462 posts, read 9,663,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eanassir View Post
In case I told you, refer to my post no. so and so, you will find the answer to your question or objection, will it be so difficult for you to go there, or else will you give some link that is not proper!?

Moreover, the answer about the billions of years ago was not to you, but to another one who said the earth started billions of years ago, as a cloud ...etc, according to his expression, so I said to him: how can you be certain about such billions of years?

While I answered your question (it may be you did not read it): and I said to you: Noah lived about 5000 years ago.

First of all, I want to thank you for finally answering the question I asked about when you think Noah lived on the Earth. You believe Noah lived about 5000 years ago. Okay, I can respect that opinion. I appreciate the reply and better understand your position on that matter. It now helps put into a better prespective the points you raise and why you see things as you do.

Yes, you said the answer was on post # so and so. However, you fail to understand because I did indeed click on the link to post # so and so. The "answer" in that post had no connection to my question, but was in reference to a completely different matter. Thus I wondered if you may have been losing track of which answers go with which questions. Don't worry, that can happen to anyone.

The link I posted in reply to you was for your convenience to help get you back on track with the question I asked about. It makes no difference at all to me if anyone else looks at it or not. I do not post any links for you that are not proper or are unrelated to things you've stated. If you feel better being suspicious and paranoid, well, there's nothing I can do about that. That's up to you.

You would do well to realize that the purpose of this forum is for people to discuss matters and share information. You would also do well to keep in mind that different people are going to had opinions and points of view that are not necessarily identical to yours. Some people might indeed have a valid and important point that you have not considered before. It is also possible that you may greatly mistaken about some "facts" you claim to be scientific.

I realize your post about the "billions of years ago" matter was not directed to me. But that doesn't mean I can't voice a comment about it. The forum is open to everyone, not just a select few. If you do not want anyone else replying to your comments, then you should communicate privately with a Direct Message to whom you wish to communicate with.

My post in response to your "billions" comment indeed raised a serious question about your original explanation as to why Noah lived 950 years but other people after him do not. Your explanation is that it was because the Earth and the sun were hotter and faster than today. You also stated in a later post that the length of a day in Noah's time might have been only 6 hours long. However, using your original statements regarding the decrease of human longevity, I stand by my statement that the length of Noah's day would have been only 1.64 hours long as based on your own explanation. I also stand by my statement that using the lunar cycle to represent a "year" (or rather a period of time) of aging to arrive at 950 "years" would in reality be about 65 solar years. Noah may have been considered very old in his day, but he would not have been any older than people today.

I agree that the Earth's rotation has indeed slowed down in the course of its existence. And yes, that would be over the slow course of billions of years. But to say that the Sun and Earth cooled down and the speed slowed down from a 6-hour day to a 24-hour day in a matter of only 5000 years, do you really think that makes scientific sense? Remember, you're the one claiming the laws of science validate and prove your conclusion. Further, your conclusions are NOT based on the Koran, but are based entirely on what Mohammed-Ali Hassan as-Hilly claims to be scientific explanations. It also appears he has tried to use the Koran in order to support his views.

So, your conclusions stand or fall entirely on his claims. If he is correct, I will be more than glad to support your views 100%. Let's see just how accurate his views really are. This is from the link in your very first post of this thread.

THE PLANET VENUS
Quote:
Venus, in the past, was inhabited; for there were human beings, animals, plant, trees and other things; but the life on Venus ended because of its standstill from axial rotation, and all its inhabitants died, its rivers dried and its trees burnt; therefore, whosoever was on the day-side died from excessive heat and thirst, and whosoever was on the night-side died from excessive coldness and starvation. If anyone goes to Venus and lands on the day-side, he will die from excessive heat; and if he lands on the night-side, he will suffer there from severe coldness and lack of food, and the Sun may draw him by its gravity so he will die because or its rays [or heat]; that is because Venus is devoid of gravity, and because of being near to the Sun. The traveler to Venus, then, will find towns, houses, clubs and shops, but will not see anyone dwelling therein; he will see furniture and property, but will not see any owner of them; he will see rivers but without water; and trees but they have been burnt by the Sun heat.
The size of Venus is about the same size as the Earth. The planet is covered by clouds. As recently as 60 years ago, non-scientific people thought Venus might be like a prehistoric Earth filled with lush vegetation, oceans, and dinosaurs. Such notions were popularized by the wild imaginations of science-fiction writers of the past. Unfortunately, it turns out there are no jungles or dinosaurs on the planet.

Instead, Venus has a surface temperature of about Celsius 420 degrees (Fahrenheit 388 degrees). The atmospheric pressure on the surface of the planet is about 92 times that of Earth. The surface of Venus appears to constantly recycle itself from molten material that rises to the surface. The surface of Venus is thought to be relatively young: half a billion years. Any towns, houses, clubs and shops would have vanished long ago with no trace that anything ever existed there.

THE PLANET MARS
Quote:
Mars is larger than Earth by less than two times; it completes its rotation around itself in a period of about 44 hours. Therefore, its day is 22 hours, and so is its night, and its year equals about two of our years. Mars is inhabited and contains plant, trees, animals, human beings, mountains, rivers, seas and other things. Hence, the dwelling in Mars is suitable; because the traveler to Mars will find the water there available; he, too, will find ample food and much fruit, but we don’t know whether the weather, the temperature, and air-constituents there are suitable or not for the man of Earth; but we think that man can overcome these difficulties, or at least he can adapt himself to them.

Quote:
Comment [about the Mars images]: Americans took photographs of certain areas of Mars by their space-crafts in the year 1965A.D., and they said that nothing appeared in the photos which might indicate signs of the existence of life on Mars. I say that the camera caught part of the uninhabited desolate desert of Mars, by chance, and did not view the inhabited region of Mars, in order to transmit its picture to the Earth, and this will take place in the future.

Mars is much smaller, about half the size of the Earth, not 2 times larger than Earth.

The first images of the Martian surface only showed parts of the planet, but clear enough to see that the planet is as desolate and heavily cratered as the Moon. Since then, some of the more recent orbiters around Mars capture high-resolution images of the planet's surface. While the images captured are of large swaths of the surface, the extremely high resolution means you can zoom in on details without losing much resolution.

Virtually the entire surface has been photographed. There has been no trace of any plants, trees, animals, human beings, rivers, or seas ever spotted on Mars. The atmosphere of Mars is extremely thin and its magnetic fields are very weak. It's still possible there might be some form of microbial life, like bacteria, but they'd probably exist (if there are any at all) below the surface. But there are no signs that Martians, people, animals or trees, have ever lived there.

Please tell me why the claims of Mohammed-Ali Hassan as-Hilly should be considered scientifically accurate. It appears he has only used bits and pieces of the Koran in order to support his own imaginative speculations.

Old 07-14-2009, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeatLoaf_Enchilada View Post
But, how do years get shorter
Let us consider this point:
Was the circumstances of the earth, moon and sun thousands of years ago like what they are now?
Was the duration of the day like the present day?
Was the year like the year duration now?
Did the sun spin around itself in the same manner as does it now?

The most important is the duration of the day on earth in the past was shorter than it is now.

On the other hand Moon orbits around the earth because the earth drags it by its gravitation and its spinning around its axis in anticlockwise direction causing the Moon to circle around it in the same anticlockwise direction.

So when the earth was spinning more quickly in the past, the Moon was circling around the earth in much less than its duration now which is 29 1/2

Old 07-14-2009, 04:19 PM

33,623 posts, read 37,274,218 times
I think you had better face the fact that as a book of science your Quran is totally useless.....Nothing you have gotten out of it so far is even good science fiction...

Old 07-14-2009, 05:31 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,661,072 times
eanassir wrote"
Quote:
The most important is the duration of the day on earth in the past was shorter than it is now.
If your beliefs also include an earth that is only a few thousand years old this concept of very short days gradually turning into longer days should be observable in modern times after watches were invented but we're not seeing any evidence of such a phenomenon or any explanation of why it should happen. The Bible seems to describe a very sudden transition from people living almost a thousand years to less than a hundred which would mean that the faster spinning of the earth to a much slower spinning should have happened very quickly and then stabilized. This whole idea is truly ridiculous and has no merit whatsoever.

Last edited by MontanaGuy; 07-14-2009 at 05:40 PM..

Old 07-14-2009, 05:35 PM

5,462 posts, read 9,663,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post

Instead, Venus has a surface temperature of about Celsius 420 degrees (Fahrenheit 388 degrees).

Typing correction regarding temps on Venus: That should be Fahrenheit 788 degrees.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality