Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2009, 01:48 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,759,488 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
You really need to shut your pie hole, you have no idea who kele is because you refuse to listen to facts. You have showed yourself to be completely incoherent and lacking in the ability to tell the difference between fact and fiction, which is all you post, fiction. Nothing you post is coherent or based on fact. You think because a book says so it is fact. you have A lot to learn and people here are really done dealing with your complete nonsense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post
Nice snip and paste...

His throne name was Nefer-ir-ka-re (Beautiful is the Soul of Re) while his birth name was Kakai. He was the third king of the Old Kingdom 5th dynasty, ruling from about 2477 until 2467 BC, obviously a very short reign, though Egyptologists argue both the dates for his reign as well as the length of his reign.

Ms Kele is correct.

These papyri are the earliest know DOCUMENTS, not EXAMPLES. The earliest EXAMPLES are written on clay tablets, a DOCUMENT is written on any type of paper.

And you taking about others having an ignorance of history is simply the epitomie of arrogant and ignorance.

And getting sick of your continued purposefull, self-impossed ignorance, of what, to be frank, has been taken to new heights I've never seen before, would cause even the staunchest debator not to flee, but stalk off in disgust. You do not win, you've merely succeded in running through her patience as you CONTINUALLY ignore simple peer reviewed and widely accepted facts in favor of clear and admitted hoaxes and frauds, and an ancient manuscript proven absolutely wrong so many times as to render it nothing more than a badly written fictional novel.
Thank you both.

That's what I'm saying. I'm raising an adolescent boy and not even he can try my patience in the manner that I've experienced via ysm. Her nonsensical, based in fantasy, rantings make me want to shove a pencil through my eye and into my sphenoid for good measure. I have never experienced such practiced ignorance in all my life. I might as well debate my cats. At least they would do me the courtesy of pretending to listen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2009, 02:05 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,687,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Thank you both.

That's what I'm saying. I'm raising an adolescent boy and not even he can try my patience in the manner that I've experienced via ysm. Her nonsensical, based in fantasy, rantings make me want to shove a pencil through my eye and into my sphenoid for good measure. I have never experienced such practiced ignorance in all my life. I might as well debate my cats. At least they would do me the courtesy of pretending to listen.
You are most welcome! We know of your eduction and intelligence. Ysm is about the most ignorant/blind person I have ever encountered.

And you would probably get farther with your cats than YSM.

Old 08-07-2009, 02:25 PM

2,981 posts, read 5,464,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
This is my last reponse to tell you that I am no longer responding to your rubbish. Any scientist with half a cerebrum knows that clay tablet writing came before the manufacture of papyrus.
FWIMC: now as I pointed out already, papyri documents, written on in real cursive writing, exist, dating back to 3000 B.C. in Egypt; but that did not just happen to be when it was 'invented', but that is when our earliest, original examples are from -so far, but maybe that has been updated already.....
Ancient records speak of writing in books, on scrolls, on stone, and on clay.
Laser writing, on stone examples, exist , dating from ancient times. [Jesus Christ, as God the Word pre-incarnate, wrote with something like a laser on stone tablets at Sinai]. Those who believe man is evolving instead of devolving call the examples "ooparts", "out of place artifacts", because they just cannot admit, openly, that ancient man was fully advanced technologically, and civilized, and has devolved; having been cast into many dark ages from the beginning, by calamities, which calamities served, over time, to the turning of highly technological civilized nations "into hell", as Psalm 9 states; for "forgetting God".

There were no stone age cavemen who evolved, but there were highly civilized men who sought shelter in caves at times, who fled disasters; like Lot and family after the nuking of Sodom and Gomorrah [from whose names we get the descriptive terms; "sodomy and gonorrhea", as the Mozeson dictionary, The Word, shows], and the cities of the plain [but even in their caves, those ancients who were fleeing nuclear wars and other disasters left evidences of the high state of civilizations they were from. -http://s8int.com/sophis1.html
Those Sophisticated Cave Men 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, (http://s8int.com/sophis37.html - broken link) 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45 NEXT>>> ].

More on the papyri evidences which show that the kele post on the history of writing is not true. I do not agree with the world view of the author, but the evidence on the link of ancient papyri and writing with ink, is what I am posting the link because of.

Quote:
Egyptian Papyrus Historically
Historical Papyrus
by Jimmy Dunn

http://www.touregypt.net/featurestories/papyrus9.jpg (broken link)Our English word "paper", is derived from the word "papyrus", an Egyptian word that originally meant "that which belongs to the house" (the bureaucracy of ancient Egypt). At about the same time as the ancient Egyptians moved from prehistory to history by developing a written language, they discovered the need for a medium other than stone to transcribe upon. They found this in their papyrus plant, a triangular reed which symbolized ancient lower Egypt. It was light, strong, thin, durable and easy to carry, and for thousands of years, there was nothing better for the purpose of writing. The earliest extant documented papyrus comes from Egypt's 1st Dynasty, but we believe it may have been used as early as 4,000 BC. It's use continued until about the 11th century AD.

Old 08-07-2009, 02:28 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,759,488 times
Need I say more?

Old 08-07-2009, 05:50 PM

Laser technology in the ancient past was used to write on rock and draw many scenes on rock.
There is abundant proof of that in artifacts around the world.
After the dark age brought about at the fall of Babel, A more primitive type of "laser" technology was later used by Archimedes, which is described from many ancient texts read and referenced by Robert Temple, in The Crystal Sun. -and Robert Temple is not a Christian and has nothing to do with the Bible. He just wrote the book about ancient high technology in optics, from history and artifacts.

Old 08-07-2009, 05:56 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,644,263 times
yeshuasavedme wrote:
Quote:
Laser technology in the ancient past was used to write on rock and draw many scenes on rock.
There is abundant proof of that in artifacts around the world.
That was so stupid that I had to go lie down and lay a damp cloth across my forehead. Could you please present the physical evidence for the ancient lasers?

Old 08-07-2009, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post

That was so stupid that I had to go lie down and lay a damp cloth across my forehead. Could you please present the physical evidence for the ancient lasers?
You can go search for yourself, and when you find the evidence you will cover your eyes, cover your ears, and shoot however many messengers present it, so as to obfuscate the facts of ancient human high technology because your religion prohibits Adam being created by YHWH, and created highly intellectual, in communion with angels and with YHWH [in the Person of the Word]; and devolving downward from the time of the fall, in intermittent rises to heights of glorious technological achievements, and lower and lower set backs to dark ages by calamities sent by God, upon nations that forget Him -
Quote:
Psalm 9:16,17
The LORD is known by the judgment He executes; The wicked is snared in the work of his own hands. Meditation.* Selah
The wicked shall be turned into hell, And all the nations that forget God.
Do you know how YHWH [in the second the Person, who is called the Word and who is now come in human being flesh of second creation as brother to Adam so as to be Kinsman/Redeemer] wrote/engraved the stone tablets on Mt Sinai, with the Decalogue?
You haven't even considered that He did, and that doing so He used technology which could only be described as "laser", but far advanced, I'm sure.
Exd 31:18
- Exd 31:18 -
And when He had made an end of speaking with him on Mount Sinai, He gave Moses two tablets of the Testimony, tablets of stone, written with the finger of God.

Moses broke the tablets, so YHW wrote on another set, by His "finger" =by His hand

Exodus 34:1 And the LORD said to Moses, "Cut two tablets of stone like the first ones, and I will write on these tablets the words that were on the first tablets which you broke.

Hab 3:3 God came from Teman, The Holy One from Mount Paran. Selah His glory covered the heavens, And the earth was full of His praise.
Hab 3:4 His brightness was like the light; He had rays flashing from His hand, And there His power was hidden.

Old 08-07-2009, 07:27 PM

4,474 posts, read 5,421,189 times
Nice NON-answer, as usual.

Old 08-07-2009, 08:58 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,936,277 times
Cool Ooops! I felt the Earth move under my feet! I swear to God!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
The ages of Earth and Moon rocks and of meteorites are measured by the decay of long-lived radioactive isotopes of elements that occur naturally in rocks and minerals and that decay with half lives of 700 million to more than 100 billion years to stable isotopes of other elements. These dating techniques, which are firmly grounded in physics and are known collectively as radiometric dating, are used to measure the last time that the rock being dated was either melted or disturbed sufficiently to rehomogenize its radioactive elements.
Oh pooh, san! How in-elegant of you!

NIKK elegantly counters with the statement: "The rate of mountain growth is based on current observations. Rates can change over time so to assume that these rates have always been the same is absurd."

What, again, is absurd, NIKK? Why is established scientific determination and logical deduction so absurd, while Christians happily go about their business of wildly altering all the known constants like time, gravity, earth's rotational speed, decay rates of unstable isotopes, the speed of light, etc., all just to support an increasingly elaborate mythology?

We calculate the rate of tectonic plate motion and measure, with GPS and lasers, the growth rate of mountains, and you call it all absurd? Yes, they may have changed slightly over millions of years, but a rational scientific approach would be to suggest that they could have, with equal possibility, risen faster or slower. You just choose to assume they rose spectacularly faster than any mountain range has ever risen, to account for your 6035 year old "Insta-Poof" Earth. You know how fast that would have been?

Mt. Everest: 28,000 ft high. Divided by 4000 years (it hasn't grown too much in the past recorded 2000 years) = a quarter inch a day! 7 inches a month! 84 inches a year!!!!!! I think there'd have been a whole lotta groaning and creaking going on, don't you?

(It's currently growing rather fast at 2.5" per year, BTW. Measured.)

We also have unrelated disciplines that provide coincidental study results confirming our geological estimates. The overall picture just gets more and more accurate, and it bodes well for our version, not yours. By an enormous margin!

That's quite Ok in your twisted world, but the confirmed determination of the rates of decay of a nucleide by thousands of researchers working independantly is "absurd"?

How. .(what's the right word I'm looking for here?) ... absurd.

Old 08-07-2009, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post

earth's rotational speed,
Biblically speaking -and I believe the Word of God:the earth does not rotate. The sun, moon, and stars travel on their circuits, in their paths, on their set courses in the heaven.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
the growth rate of mountains,
A little dust [from where?] over evolutionists' imagined eons, does not "a mountain" rise up.

God made the mountains rise up and the valleys sink down.
He can overturn them, too:
Job 28:9 He puts his hand on the flint; He overturns the mountains at the roots.
They were never built up by dust over any long ages:
Psa 65:6 Who established the mountains by His strength, [Being] clothed with power;

Psa 90:2 Before the mountains were brought forth, Or ever You had formed the earth and the world, Even from everlasting to everlasting, You [are] God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality