Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2009, 10:15 PM

4,474 posts, read 5,421,706 times

Advertisements

Oh Good Gods, I simply had to step away from the computer for abit, I was laughing so hard.

Earth doesn't rotate, indeed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2009, 10:20 PM

1,385 posts, read 2,457,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
Biblically speaking -and I believe the Word of God:the earth does not rotate. The sun, moon, and stars travel on their circuits, in their paths, on their set courses in the heaven.

A little dust [from where?] over evolutionists' imagined eons, does not "a mountain" rise up.
Folks, I think the joke is on us. It is clear that YSM is a very clever atheist whose sole point is to poke fun at the stereotype of a fundamentalist christian. Nobody could be this much of fool otherwise.

Old 08-07-2009, 10:28 PM

33,575 posts, read 37,212,408 times
It has to be parody...Sort of like pastor Deacon Fred, of the Landover Baptist Church.

Old 08-07-2009, 10:31 PM

3,331 posts, read 5,964,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizzly Friddle View Post
Folks, I think the joke is on us. It is clear that YSM is a very clever atheist whose sole point is to poke fun at the stereotype of a fundamentalist christian. Nobody could be this much of fool otherwise.
You know...the thought did cross my mind, but then again....

Last edited by Fullback32; 08-07-2009 at 10:50 PM..

Old 08-07-2009, 11:26 PM

1,289 posts, read 2,130,077 times
Quote:
Biblically speaking -and I believe the Word of God:the earth does not rotate. The sun, moon, and stars travel on their circuits, in their paths, on their set courses in the heaven.
OH MY (IMAGINED) GOD!

How did we ever reach the Moon, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Venus, Mercury, Uranus and Neptune with our space probes? I guess you can't believe in these images from the surface of Mars then? (http://mynasa.nasa.gov/mission_pages/mars/images/index.html - broken link)

Or maybe the scientists at JPL are secret Fundamentalists who have been lying to us for 60 years, in the glorious plan that they will soon reveal that the Sun actually orbits the Earth!!!

Gee. What about sailors who navigated the globe (such as Columbus and Magellan) using the stars?

Maybe more practically... How in the hell does the GPS system that you can buy at Wal-Mart or Target really work if the Earth doesn't rotate???

Wow, yeshuasavedme. You are seriously deluded. I really think you need professional help.

But, as has been pointed out previously: You are likely a Trickster. Because I agree: No one. NO ONE. Can be that stupid.

Old 08-08-2009, 12:13 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,886,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbird82 View Post
People put there trust into science every day, yet when it comes to science that contradicts religious beliefs that were most likely indoctrinated/brainwashed into them as a child, all of a sudden science has it all wrong.
Christian Fundamentalist Science Reaction Checklist.

Theory of electromagnetism: Good!
Theory of gravity: Good!
Quantum theory: Good!
Germ Theory: Good!
Thermodynamics: Good!

Theory of evolution: Science is evil and filled with atheists who want to destroy Christianity everywhere and those dinosaur bones were put there by Satan to trick us.

Photosynthesis: Good!
Periodic Table of the Elements: Good!
Theory of Relativity: Good!
Acoustics Theory: Good!
Chaos Theory: Good!
Number theory: Good!

Big Bang theory: Science is evil and filled with atheists who want to destroy Christianity everywhere and how can they believe in the Big Bang when no one was around to see it.

Cell Theory: Good!
Decision theory: Good!
Circuit Theory: Good!

So, in general, science is great and one of the best means of understanding our universe unless it contradicts the writings of ancient goat herders. Then it's evil and wrong.

Old 08-08-2009, 12:29 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,886,530 times
Quote:
Biblically speaking -and I believe the Word of God:the earth does not rotate.
I've not been here long enough to get to know people so please....tell me this poster is a joker!

Old 08-08-2009, 12:54 AM

33,575 posts, read 37,212,408 times
Sadly I think she is badly deluded, but dead serious...

Old 08-08-2009, 01:09 AM

2,981 posts, read 5,465,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astron1000 View Post
OH MY (IMAGINED) GOD!

How did we ever reach the Moon, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Venus, Mercury, Uranus and Neptune with our space probes? I guess you can't believe in these images from the surface of Mars then? (http://mynasa.nasa.gov/mission_pages/mars/images/index.html - broken link)
God is stupid, by your accusation, for He is the One who states the order of His creation. I believe God's Word -and no, the earth is not flat, so don't come back and accuse me of that. What the word says, I believe, and the earth of water is first, heaven is day 2, and the sun is day 4.

And you falsely accused me: I never said that we have no pictures of Mars, nor that we did not send men to the moon in modern times [as in ancient times, as the histories of many nations tell, also; which they did before the dark ages came, after Babel's confounding of the one mother tongue; which confounding began the great diffusion of the tribes over the earth].
There are ancient Chinese reports that describe a trip to the moon, and the moon was correctly described by an ancient Chinese Empress, who was reported to have traveled to the moon in a spacecraft with her husband.
The formulas work for space travel using a geocentric model, as some physicists have stated.
The earth was created a whole day before the heaven, in the Bible, and the waters were divided and a firmament was stretched out between them, and the sun, moon, and stars were set in the firmament on day 4.

Also, the sun and moon stood still in the heavens for almost a whole day, at Joshua's command; and the sun went backwards ten degrees, when Isaiah commanded it to stand still.

The light was "brought forth" on day 1, and divided from the darkness, and the evening and the morning were 1 day.
The heavens were stretched out on day 2, between the divided waters of day 1; and the sun, moon, and stars [light receptacles] were made and set in the firmament on day 4, along with the 'host of heaven'. Water is above them, according to the Word of God.

God is very concerned with the creation and He made us special.
Those who believe great ages and 'no god' will be surprised when the stars fall, the earth is turned upside down, staggers like a drunken man, skips about like a hunted roe [high, twisting 'skips'] and the seasons are backwards; and great sings are seen in the heavens; because that is Bible language for what is coming, along with the complete dissolving of the creation and the regeneration of it, when this earth's "week" of thousand year "days", is ended [as the ancients told of, and which is in the Scriptures, in the Living Oracles committed to the Jews], and the New Creation begins, in which there is no sin, no death, and nothing that offends.

Old 08-08-2009, 02:27 AM

1,266 posts, read 1,801,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
I've not been here long enough to get to know people so please....tell me this poster is a joker!

Yes, this one is definately a POE

Poe's Law - RationalWiki
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality