Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 05:36 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,626,210 times

Advertisements

If someone were able to predict future events with great accuracy that would mean that the future in some sense actually exists and is able to send back messages to the past to those who are capable of understanding what it means. I find this to be an incredibly stupid idea because time itself doesn't seem to exist in the past or the future. It seems to be a process on planet earth that proceeds at a predictable rate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2009, 04:35 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,025,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
If someone were able to predict future events with great accuracy that would mean that the future in some sense actually exists and is able to send back messages to the past to those who are capable of understanding what it means. I find this to be an incredibly stupid idea because time itself doesn't seem to exist in the past or the future. It seems to be a process on planet earth that proceeds at a predictable rate.
From what I understand of Heaven, time does not exist and the Celestials and God can see the past, present and future all at the same time. That's how they can warn of danger.

I do know that the de ja vu thing is when your thought adjustor (God Fragment) goes off into the future of the human. When you finally catch up to it, it's like you've already lived it. I understand all humans and their adjustors do this.

Old 07-30-2009, 05:07 AM

1,243 posts, read 2,810,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
From what I understand of Heaven, time does not exist and the Celestials and God can see the past, present and future all at the same time. That's how they can warn of danger.

I do know that the de ja vu thing is when your thought adjustor (God Fragment) goes off into the future of the human. When you finally catch up to it, it's like you've already lived it. I understand all humans and their adjustors do this.
yea, somebody told me once they saw time as kind of like a dimension...blew my mind

Old 07-30-2009, 10:29 AM

4,792 posts, read 5,902,551 times
People who don't believe in such things can go on not believing. I don't experience premonitions every day, but then again, I don't see a tornado or gila monster in my yard every day, either. I don't doubt the experiences that I have had, and feel no particular obligation to prove them to the skeptics. Some of the nay sayers are so narrow minded that no amount of iron clad proof will convince them. Why waste time ?

Old 07-30-2009, 10:31 AM

2,630 posts, read 4,940,678 times
Somebody told me I would see a pigeon and that Osama Bin laden would be dead almost a month ago. Precognition is always assumed right by some until it's wrong.

Old 07-30-2009, 11:16 AM

1,243 posts, read 2,810,071 times
have seen the pigeon though!!!????!!!!! lol

Old 07-30-2009, 12:29 PM

4,474 posts, read 5,414,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post

Such would involve a perfectly linear time philosophy, ie time marches ever onward without deviation.

Not everyone buys into that theory.

Old 07-30-2009, 12:58 PM

4,323 posts, read 6,025,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post
Such would involve a perfectly linear time philosophy, ie time marches ever onward without deviation.

Not everyone buys into that theory.
And that's ok.

Old 07-30-2009, 01:06 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,626,210 times
Peggy Anne wrote:
Quote:
Some of the nay sayers are so narrow minded that no amount of iron clad proof will convince them. Why waste time ?
I'm always open to iron clad proof so if you have any please present it. What I would consider to be convincing evidence would be someone who has a documented history of publicly making very specific claims about an event that will happen in the future. Something vague like "a plane is going to crash" is not good enough because planes do crash. Details such as the flight number of the aircraft, the airport that the plane departed from as well as it's destination and the time and location of the crash would definitely get people's attention if it actually happened and there was clear documentation that this premonition was presented on video before the crash occurred.
If anyone really had this ability why wouldn't they use it to try to help people? Accidents, abductions, crimes and all sorts of trajedies could be avoided if someone with this ability notified the authorities before it happened. The reason you never hear about this happening is because no one really has this ability to begin with.

Old 07-30-2009, 01:07 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
no but i know a gal that had a repeating dream that i was going to be shot to death when we were together. she is in fact armed.-- solution--- stop dating her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality