Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2009, 08:24 AM

7,084 posts, read 14,888,978 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by achickenchaser View Post
Well, God really isn't that big on women's rights.
Do I sense a bit of an understatement here???

Old 08-02-2009, 08:29 AM

2,538 posts, read 3,883,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by achickenchaser View Post
Well, God really isn't that big on women's rights.
bawahaha, you don't say? All that the women in the bible seem good for is causing "problems", maybe that's where the idea for Lucy/Ethel and Laverne/Shirley came from....

Old 08-02-2009, 08:49 AM

1,168 posts, read 2,506,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NihonKitty View Post
Why do christians always say this? I am japanese, jesus did not die for my sins. I have absolutely nothing to do with a woman he created out of dirt and a rib (lol?) who ate a fruit from a magical tree because a talking snake told her too.

I look at it like this, imagine a car salesman comes to your house and says, we made this car for you! You need to buy it now and drive it everyday! First of all I did not ask for you to make that car, so no I don't need to buy it. I did not ask for jesus to die for "my sins" (who is really the sins of only eve not me), jesus died for nothing then, and his death was absolutely no different then what other people suffered under the romans. Did all the other humans who were crucified also die for me? Jesus did not die for me period, he was murdered, I did not ask for anything, nor did i ask to go to a "heaven" that I didn't even know about until i visited the USA.

Also if jesus died for my sins, then i am going to go sin and sin and sin since he died for my sins already right? Doesn't make any sense. God didnt have to send his son (who is also himself lol) to die for his creations, he could have just made it so. I feel bad for jesus and the bad treatment he got from his father (who is also himself) and the bad logic for his death.

You are right!!! Jesus did not die for YOUR sins. But he died for MY sins and he died for the sins of all those who will believe on him and ask him to take their filthy, dirty sins away....making them HIS children, being adopted into his family.

Jesus did not die for everyone. Many are called but few are chosen.

You accept or you reject. The greatest gift that could be given - is not something to mock! But you cannot HAVE this gift - unless you take it personally and open it up for yourself.

So no, Jesus did not die for your sins. which means that you will die IN your sins one day. And those who are not his, who have not been made new - through the spirit of God - they cannot enter heaven.

Old 08-02-2009, 08:52 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,690,177 times
What sins?

Old 08-02-2009, 09:53 AM

8,827 posts, read 7,339,969 times
but if you live on an island in the South Pacific and never hear of jesus then you die in sin and never had the opportunity to take jesus into your life, how is that fair? it makes no sense to have some ignorant soul die in all that horribleness and others can be sin-free...whose fault is it that the poor islanders just happen to be born where they are?

Old 08-02-2009, 10:03 AM

895 posts, read 2,368,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennaflorrie View Post
You are right!!! Jesus did not die for YOUR sins. But he died for MY sins and he died for the sins of all those who will believe on him and ask him to take their filthy, dirty sins away....making them HIS children, being adopted into his family.

You accept or you reject. The greatest gift that could be given - is not something to mock! But you cannot HAVE this gift - unless you take it personally and open it up for yourself.

So no, Jesus did not die for your sins. which means that you will die IN your sins one day. And those who are not his, who have not been made new - through the spirit of God - they cannot enter heaven.
Awesome, ill just tell the evangelicals what you told me so i can be left alone. Us japanese sin alot less than americans (hence lowest crime rate in the world) but I guess we will go to hell because we don't ask an invisible being for forgiveness? OOooohh scary. Anyways thanks for agreeing with me. I made this thread because i was tired of all the christians telling atheists jesus died for our sins.

It's also nice god gave us free will but punishes us for using it.

Old 08-02-2009, 12:47 PM

4,474 posts, read 5,422,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Anyone who is interested and will be objective can study the prophecies of the Bible both old and new Testaments. Many of the prophecies concerning tht nations of Tyre, Edom, Nineveh, Babylon, Israel are quite clear and precise. Not vague in the least. These prophecies have historically been fulfilled. For instance, the fact that Israel would twice be dispersed and then reqathered. Concerning the destruction of the temple and Jerusalem. These are matters of fact and not fantasy. It is prophesied that at the second advent of Jesus Christ when He touches down on the Mount of Olives there will be a massive earthquake that will split it in two. The geological institude in Tel Aviv discovered a major faultline running right through the Mount of Olives that will allow for just such an earthquake. There are many prophecies that point to the hand of God.

The Jews who for the most part rejected Christ as the messiah didn't and don't deny that he existed, but rather they attributed the miracles that He did to Satan. The Talmud is most unflattering about what it says concerning Christ but it doesn't deny His existence. There aren't more extra Biblical works concerning Christ because to the historians of his time he wasn't an item of great interest and there were other people running around at the time who were trying to pass themselves off as messiahs and such. To the historians of his time Jesus was just another character on the fringes and of minor importance.

Consider that the Bible consists of many different books written over many hundreds of years by many different people who for the most part didn't even know one another. Yet there is a common thread which binds the Bible together.

Look at the genealogy of Genesis 5.

Hebrew Transliterated English

Adam Man (is)
Seth Appointed
Enosh Mortal
Kenan Sorrow ; (but)
Mahalael The Blessed God
Jared shall come down
Enoch Teaching
Methuselah His death shall bring
Lamech the Despairing
Noah comfort, rest

This is a summery of the Christian Gospel hidden away in Genesis 5.

To quote a man by the name of Chuck Missler

" No way did a group of Jewish rabbis contrive to hide an expression of the Christian Gospel within a genealogy of their venerated Torah. The fingerprints of The Holy Spirit are all over this thing. This demonstrates that the redemption that God had in mind was something that was ordained before the foundation of the world, and in the earliest chapters of Genesis in ways that are a testamony that we are not dealing with a collection of traditions or cultural patterns. Something supernatural is going on here." End quote.

No, faith in Christ is not blind and is based not on fables but on visible events that have occured in history.

But there are many who do not want to be answerable to a just and Holy God and will be offended by the truth. I have presented fact and absolute truth, not opinion and not beliefs based on fables. Make of it what you will.
Firstly, to believe in prophesy one must also buy into the linear time theory. I don't. As far as Israel goes, that is what is called "self-fullfilling prophesy", the Jews figured it was pre-ordained so they'd better get busy. And the wording of prophesy is purposely vague for a reason. So anyone, at any time, anywhere, can shoehorn in what they want, whenever they wish.

As far as your geneology, hello, anyone home? Genesis 5 had already been around for centuries when Christianity was designed. Of course Paul would build in certain Jewish elements to apeal to his fellow Jews.

And I'm sorry to inform you that all you have offered is yet more Biblical Apologist nonsence. Granted, a few new twists, but still nonsense.

You can twist an turn all you wish, but it all comes down to one thing. Your bible, Old and New Testiments, have been proven false too many times to make belief in your gods anything BUT faith. Each and every myth and miracle is disproven by simple science. No creaetion, no Eden and Adam and Eve, no flood, nothing. There is also no valid, reliable non-biblical evidence of your Christ during a time when the written langauge was well in use across the Middle East.

No, your relgiion, as are all, is based totally on Faith.

Old 08-02-2009, 12:54 PM

10,908 posts, read 9,572,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noland123 View Post
He most certainly did die for you and He died for me,we are born in to this world as sinners, God knows all,He is omnipotent,onmiscient and omnipresent.
Then, if this god and jesus were one in the same, he would have known that he was not really going to die, as he would be ressurected. No pain, no foul, just a con job.

Old 08-02-2009, 01:00 PM

4,474 posts, read 5,422,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennaflorrie View Post

And proof of your Christ life, to be able to die in the first place, would be?....

Remember, your bible isn't evidence.

There are many theopolitical tools built into the religion by Paul, a man who once converted just so he could bump ugly with a woman he later left.

Prostylization, and a sence of not being a proper Christian unless you do. Bring people into the "flock" (read as political power base), sends out missionaries to their possible doom (but that's OK, they died doing gods work and get a free ride straight to ehaven), and failing those two, armies to Crusade, Inquasition, and put any who refused to convert to the sword.

Another is fear, fear of an everlasting torment and torture at the hands of your god's gravest enemy who, for some reason, still agrees to be your god's lackey.

Another is guilt, or attempted guilt, actually, since there simple is no non-biblical evidence for a historical Jesus, and your bible has been proven catagorically wrong too many times to be considered anything but a poorly written novel.

Christianity's population in the west is dwindling, while nubmers are increasing in poor third world coutnries with low or no education.

This simple fact should tell you something. Can you guess what it is?

Old 08-02-2009, 01:09 PM

1,266 posts, read 1,802,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Now, Christianity is not a religion.
Well then all your churches better start paying taxes, pronto. And coughing up 200 years of back taxes as well. That alone should cover the national debt.

If Christianity is not a religion then you also have no protection under the Constitution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.