Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2010, 04:52 PM

1,159 posts, read 1,844,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
If...God is as you say and "KNOWS ALL"...then he certainly "KNEW AHEAD OF TIME" the outcome. Do you not realize how heinous and sadistic this makes your God seem????

God: I will make humans and purposely set them up to fail and then I will punish them for that failure that I purposely caused...but if they believe in my son, whom I will heinously have crucified...then I will forgive them for failing in what I purposely caused in the first place.

Let's all get back to REALITY, shall we....

God: Hey, cool! An ant farm! Let me go get my little sticks and some lighter fluid. This is gonna be fun!

Hence the phrase "God Fearing"..

Seriously. I'm only making the point that there is no way a "loving God" could be as cruel as it is portrayed in old time scripture.
I believe in a higher power. Its a postive force. Not one that is based on a God of fear and authority, who sets me up to fail then says I should feel bad about failing. Not my cup of tea. I'll take my ant farm elsewhere, thanks.

Old 10-07-2010, 11:18 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,262,318 times
No, a "loving God" wouldn't be that cruel. But how do you know that the "higher power" is a "positive force"? I know the one you believe in is...but how do you know?

Old 10-19-2010, 12:11 PM

271 posts, read 357,293 times
As a muslim, my God is everlasting.

it's not wise to say that your God died .

Epecially that the current bible is free from any " order " to worship Jesus, never,ever.

It's so clear to us:
Surat Al-Ma'idah [5:113-119] - The Holy Qur'an - القرآن الكريم

And (remember) when Allah will say (on the Day of Resurrection): "O 'Iesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary)! Did you say unto men: 'Worship me and my mother as two gods besides Allah?' " He will say: "Glory be to You! It was not for me to say what I had no right (to say). Had I said such a thing, You would surely have known it. You know what is in my inner-self though I do not know what is in Yours, truly, You, only You, are the All-Knower of all that is hidden and unseen.

"Never did I say to them aught except what You (Allah) did command me to say: 'Worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord.' And I was a witness over them while I dwelt amongst them, but when You took me up, You were the Watcher over them, and You are a Witness to all things. (This is a great admonition and warning to the Christians of the whole world).

Old 10-21-2010, 11:38 PM

205 posts, read 240,099 times
I would love to find a Muslim or Jew who has knowledge not stupid rituals and can talk intelligently (facts) about why they feel ALLAH should be prayed to!!!! rituals were used in their time because they did not have books and schools to and education was only for the rich. here is my email if you dare tedoctrine@live.com

Old 10-21-2010, 11:41 PM

Okay Muslim do you think as a Muslim you have anything to give to ALLAH???

Old 10-22-2010, 12:26 AM

11,798 posts, read 25,262,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth light View Post
It's so clear to us.
It isn't clear to me, but I suppose I'm not included in the "us". The Arabic script doesn't impress me at all.

Old 10-22-2010, 01:04 AM

271 posts, read 357,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
It isn't clear to me, but I suppose I'm not included in the "us". The Arabic script doesn't impress me at all.
What is not clear exactly for "you"?

Old 10-22-2010, 05:09 AM

4,082 posts, read 5,060,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baront70 View Post
I would love to find a Muslim or Jew who has knowledge not stupid rituals and can talk intelligently (facts) about why they feel ALLAH should be prayed to!!!! rituals were used in their time because they did not have books and schools to and education was only for the rich. here is my email if you dare tedoctrine@live.com
Allah is G-d in arabic so when you are talking about Allah you are talking about G-d. Jews worship G-d. Islam and Judaism are 2 religions.

As to your question there are many reasons people call themselves Jews. They were either born Jews or chose to be Jews. There are religious, atheist, secular, Jews. Historically Jews educated themselves when the others did not. Education has always been important to Judaism. Jews and Muslims lived in a Golden age when the rest of humanity were wallowing in the dark ages.

What exactly is wrong with rituals? And what rituals are you talking about?

Why do you feel the need to dare people to respond to you?

Why not just have a discussion?

Old 10-22-2010, 07:19 AM

okay let's have a discussion in your so-called holy Scriptures you sight Jesus Christ as a prophet. Jesus Christ never said or claimed to being a prophet. He stated clearly that I am the Messiah and no one comes to God the father except through me. My question to you is why would you have a liar in your book? We are created in God's image in other words you have a brain you have hands and feet and you have a mouth. God has a brain he has a creative part of him and he has a communicating part of him. Jesus Christ is the creative part of him he is the part that you can see. or we can say X. plus Y. plus Z. equals GOD. X. as the creative parts Y. as the communicating part and Z. as the brain, Yes God is a perfect formula. Get the picture??? He is not the son, he is God in the flesh, the question is why did he have to come down here to the earth? God is still one, just like you are one but you are made up of members just like God is made up of members. Most people think the reason why we're here is because God was lonely. This is a false baby talking human. GOD does not need any of us it is only in our arrogant and stupid minds that we think he needs us.

Old 10-22-2010, 07:22 AM

4,082 posts, read 5,060,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baront70 View Post
okay let's have a discussion in your so-called holy Scriptures you sight Jesus Christ as a prophet. Jesus Christ never said or claimed to being a prophet. He stated clearly that I am the Messiah and no one comes to God the father except through me. My question to you is why would you have a liar in your book? We are created in God's image in other words you have a brain you have hands and feet and you have a mouth. God has a brain he has a creative part of him and he has a communicating part of him. Jesus Christ is the creative part of him he is the part that you can see. or we can say X. plus Y. plus Z. equals GOD. X. as the creative parts Y. as the communicating part and Z. as the brain, Yes God is a perfect formula. Get the picture??? He is not the son he is God in the flesh the question is why did he have to come down here to the earth? God is still one, just like you are one but you are made up of members just like God is made up of members. Most people think the reason why we're here is because God was lonely. This is a false baby talking human. GOD does not need any of us it is only in our arrogant and stupid minds that we think he needs us.

Ok, who exactly are you directing your questions to?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality