Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2010, 02:43 PM

4,082 posts, read 5,060,859 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by detmi7mile View Post
And to address your last sentence, you are right, people shouldn't be afraid to say what they believe, but only when asked.

I don't feel the need to go around proclaiming I'm agnostic to everyone I see out of the blue or just randomly in the middle of a conversation.

Anyways, I feel that if something is truth, then why the need to constantly proclaim it, or assure yourself of it? It seems that things that are true in this world generally are not argued about constantly, or stated all the time. It's just a fact or a known fact.

But things that are opinions or things that people aren't too sure of seem to be the things that people constantly bring up to other people, almost as if they believe saying it more and more will make it true to themselves and other people.

"The constant assertion of belief is an indication of fear."
--Jiddu Krishnamurti

I really agree with your last sentence, and I bolded it. Faith is such a personal thing. Can't always be explained, it just is. My husband is a skeptical agnostic who I think sometimes is an atheist at heart. But we somehow blend and work it out.

I sometimes feel like all those who argue constantly over what makes a christian, ur or et, catholic or protestant, are just in need of making sure they have it right and to do that they need to prove the other wrong.

I also don't in the middle of a conversation say oh and by the way I am Jewish. I will answer questions if asked but faith is personal.

Old 10-22-2010, 08:15 PM

964 posts, read 2,654,009 times
More people have died due to jesus and other likely mythical gods than have been saved from their sins from these mythical gods.

Last edited by proudmommy; 10-22-2010 at 09:08 PM..

Old 10-23-2010, 02:34 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,915,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalileoSmith View Post
Anyway, to the important stuff... I think Jesus was probably a nice guy who was good at oration and could hold a crowd's interest. He probably talked of his concept of god, which gave a downtrodden people strength and hope. Jesus popularity got to the point where he had become a pain-in-the-ass to the governing people and since the rulers of the day were not particularly openminded, Jesus had to be silenced.
Well you'd have thought that contemporaneous historian might have noticed such a dude...large crowd puller, outspoken critic of the system and all that!

Old 11-01-2010, 09:37 AM

205 posts, read 240,136 times
Galileo what really amazes me is that people will believe theories that are not true. Because the definition of a theory is based on that principle that it can be true or can be false. Science change with theories all the time but the fact is God doesn't change ever since the Earth turned on its axis God has been there faithful and true as ever, yet people believe science and it is ever-changing conclusions.
Let's look at the facts God had to come down here as human to satisfy his perfect characters as NONE of us are any damn good. The two characters that God had to satisfy was his righteousness and justice. These are the same two characteristics in the form of cherubs that were in the holy of holy's in the Old Testament that look down on the Ark of the covenant, which represented sinful man-kind. The problem with religion all over the world is most ministers don't have a clue about God and that's why we have so many religions on the same book. Fact whatever the righteousness of God condemns Justice Has to execute, it has no choice. Now you can see the problem with mankind we are imperfect and sinful and have no truth in us. The other problem with mankind is, in order to live with God we have to come in front of God with all of our faults. This is why God came down here as true humanity satisfying his own righteousness and justice and taking our faults and sinful nature on himself.as it states in the Bible he who knew no sin was made sin for us. Therefore we can live with God forever and never be judged for our shortcomings. Jesus is not the son of God this is for babies to understand. Jesus who is God in the flesh satisfied his own perfection and went through more temptations to sin than any human being has ever experienced.The problem is the majority of the human race is in the infancy stage and so are the ministers, as far as knowledge about God. When we as humans come to the cross as far as letting Jesus be the substitute for our own sinful nature by saying these words Father I have sinned and I am excepting Jesus Christ as my Savior. As soon as those words are said he imputes his righteousness on to you. Therefore you are no longer under the great judgment day that ministers so vividly try to instill on the human race. You are saved forever by one simple decision you have eternal life with awesome God forever By the way once this is done, you can never lose this as this would call God a liar.

Old 11-01-2010, 10:03 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,915,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baront70 View Post
Galileo what really amazes me is that people will believe theories that are not true.
My Irony Meter just blew up!!

Quote:
Because the definition of a theory is based on that principle that it can be true or can be false.
Can I be bothered with this tosh?? Nah!!

Old 11-01-2010, 11:07 AM

No jazz mommy allah is not GOD he is Satan in disguise. There is only one true GOD. The Muslims worship Satan and they don't even know it. The Muslims worship a determine god, Satan. He and only he is responsible for their actions. This is why the twin towers incident was carried out as the terrorist were chosen by Satan allah and he takes all the blame. The terrorists that did that awful act have no blood on their hands as far as the Muslim religion is concerned. We in the United States worship a grace God and we become responsible for our own actions. Obama was chosen by allah Satan to misconstrue his Muslim background in order to become president of the United States. Just as the terrorists were chosen Obama was chosen and the rest of the Muslims which pray five times a day take on the infractions of the chosen. This is why they are so dangerous because the Muslims don't even know that they are being used in this manner. This is why the tree of knowledge is called good and evil instead of evil and good. The good represents the good Muslims which are more evil than the evil Muslims to God. For example would you rather have a person that would tell you to your face the way they feel about you and therefore you can avoid each other or would you rather have a person that is nasty nice to you and then stabs you in the back when you're not around. Which one would you feel is worse? Now you know why it's called the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

Old 11-01-2010, 11:10 AM

Rafius I like your rebuttal lol
you are right though, there's nothing you can say to refute the facts

Old 11-01-2010, 11:13 AM

1,168 posts, read 1,240,554 times
WOW ...I didn't think so many people were bent in the mind...

But lets look at it like God would and did ....as it says in my Bible...God created the estate of EDEN with the help of many living things....
And in those that helped God make the estate a certain way...they all have a place in that estate..and some more than others have higher and higher placements in the system, which was created in a certain way to perform a certain function, in a certain way....and it was Good according to God....and these things God made Good...needed one more thing to keep them all in check and in good order, and God said Let us make Humankind....as helpers of the Garden/system/reality....who would keep all things in Good order.
And God made ADAM...who complied to the will of God....ADAM then wanted a Companion...So God saw that ADAM was Good and helpful and compliant...So he split LIGHT (Atom) to make Eve (darkness) out of ADAM...(God split the ATOM and took out the Darker elemental and made female)

True?

And these two were of the same cloth...so the same things applied to both...the same rules, the same ideals, the same conceptual laws.

Now the tree at the center of the Garden (the controller and filtering system of everything) was told not to touch...but to tend and keep all the Garden....
Eve saw things differently...if they remove the tree, they would be controllers, or like God.
So she devised a way to take of its fruit, eating all even the seeds...so that one plant had no offsping to continue on in the Garden....thus EVE created DEATH of something that should not of died...if we follow the story....and in that, God wanted his plant back , to controll his Garden, and filter the waters, and make the atmosphere, and to feed the other living things, and to make soil and compost..so other things could grow, be clean, and be good.

So what EVE did was kill something that should not of died if they followed God's word and warnings rules and conceptual ideals...

Maybe Adam spoke as the snake...to trick her into believing she would become like God?

In any event ADAM also ate and disobeyed God's word and warning...

Now death is created...as God said it would be if they did what they did....and so because God spoke the truth...they had to die to go into death....and they could have repented , went into death, retrieved the plant, to give back to God....and be saved...thus to understand the plant, to sow the plant...to share in giving back what was taken in disobediance...that caused a curse of death to be born.

TO undo what they did...is to restore that plant to its rightful placement at the center of the garden....for all things depend on this one living thing to be at the center of all Gardens God makes!

How is that bent out of order today?
and How hard is it to restore sinlessly to reverse the curse of death...if After ADAM and EVE failed...and we are born into death (alternate Universe)constantly...with all kinds of sins and evils before us, and being caused by US HUMANS...and all of us breaking even more commandments in this reality, that seems to be based on death..as a constant...?
How does one find the story's truth?....if they prohibite certain plants from being grown...there must be a reason other than the one they offer up as their reasoning for prohibition of plants...that God said were all Good...when he made EDEN.

So if you want peace in this world or any other....we have to make restoration of all things...and then ask God what is Good...and what is wanted in the order God made first...EDEN.

Now when this is done rightly so...and we stand sinlessly in that order of things...tending and keeping the Garden well....then we are ready to be reborn through Jesus Christ ....

Stop sinning, and start sowing seeds of all kinds...for free!...share Like God shares!...Be good, Be sinless, be perfect in that Ideal and God will use you to tend the many mansions he has made...

For God only made the Good when he made his EDENS....that is the multiple of EDEN...we were suppose to make...and have yet to do...because they do not listen to God, nor Christ , nor wisdom, nor logics, nor truth.

And that is why Humans fail ....

THis world is now becoming polluted, intoxified, tainted, defiled, and corrupted under an IDOL....
And they make us pay a high price, when God said he gives freely to all....wonder why?

And when God asks for a loaf of bread from the seeds he gave them to sow...they imprisoned him because of the seed he sowed, and the way he lived for free scared them.

And they denied him, and imprisoned him..and then excuted him in the most horrific manner...because he would not pay the tax, nor hold the Idol in any regard.

Funny how most humans would rather pay for life in a polluted estate and die paying...when God Gives Life freely to all....and if we play nice in the sand box that Adam and Eve made...and show some promise of being compliant enough...God might let us back in to the other reality.

But as I draw my lines in the sand....I see Humans only care about themselves mostly...and they have no need for God to help...or to teach them...they know everything...and that is why they now have nuclear weapons over their heads..and polluted streams and rivers to drink from..and polluted air, and soils to produce their foods from....wonder what mutations will be born onto this reality next?

But they all profess God is not God....and really those kind of people are the worst kind of people...cause they usually make big mistakes...and cover them with lies to make things seem ok.

Now if a Human makes a computer...and the computer worked and was working Good...and God came along and took out a capacitor from the main board of the computer....that computer would not function correctly, and would over time give error, or not work.

Same with EDEN and EDENS which God asked we make....if you remove the Main controller...chaos will occur!..and death was made by who?
So to rectify the problem...stop making death...and put back what was taken...so it can restore itself to the way things should be.

Is that so hard to figure out...as this bible seems to be point at just that...in a odd way...be sinless. ..Acts 3:21 says to restore something....to the way it was...and make many of that!

So prohibition takes away that right, that estate, that perfection...and keeps us in sin with the IDOL whic is the replacement for that living thing...the plant God wants in his Garden...
that was taken in disobediance....and to restore it right...it has to be reversely done....to reverse the curse of death...and live forever.

Now $atan doesn't want anyone fulfilling that...and so all who are ruled by satan will confess there is no God....and yet we know we can live for free in this world...and many choose not to....Powerful delusion keeping them supporting evil and sins...and sickness and suffering, oppression, sanctions, and imprisonment of those who sow certain seeds....

Wonder no more...I say...If you look hard enough at the world order...it is based on lied, and liars..wanting everyone to hold that IDOL of ENGRAVEN IMAGE COIN OR BILL OR DEBT TO Caesar!

And what DId Jesus do with that IDOL?...He Kicked it out of his fathers house!...which intern is his house too..and those who say they believe are welcome , but look they brought it back in with them....and now the churches and synagogs are corrupted with it...and no one really making EDENS anymore....wonder why?

Oh yes we can pollute our home...we can pollute our animals and living things with no worried.
We can pollute our air, waters and soils with no mind or worries....and continue to make what God said was freely Given....a very expensive lesson in stupidity as it is, as I say!

Who is leading them down the wrong path?///$ATAN...and if we try to change that course....they Got their weapons of mass destruction pointed at every nation, every corner, every city..every state and provence!

See..no one can fulfill?...But Jesus has already!

Amen

Last edited by Sir Les; 11-01-2010 at 11:28 AM..

Old 11-01-2010, 11:25 AM

Jazz mommy another fact there is no such thing as Catholic Protestant Baptists Mormon Lutheran Methodist Pentecostal etc... nowhere in the Scriptures does Jesus stand in front of the multitude and say you are this you are that you are this you are that. This is a ploy by Satan to separate God's people by religion which is the ace Tromp of Satan. Religion is approbation to God, go to church, do this, don't do this and God will pat you on the head and say well done my faithful servant.this is all bull because in reality God doesn't need any of us and only the ignorant stupid people think that God needs them.
There are only two different types of people in the world believers and unbelievers. believers are the people that accept Jesus Christ as their savior and unbelievers are the people that don't believe this statement. Again this is baby ministers 99.99% of them that don't have a clue who and what God is.

Old 11-01-2010, 12:31 PM

4,082 posts, read 5,060,859 times
[quote=baront70;16483005]There are only two different types of people in the world believers and unbelievers. believers are the people that accept Jesus Christ as their savior and unbelievers are the people that don't believe this statement. Again this is baby ministers 99.99% of them that don't have a clue who and what God is.

You would be incorrect. The world is divided into Christians and their different denominations, Jews and their denominations and Muslims and their different sects.

All believe in G-d.

Christians are not the only folks who believe in G-d.

Christianity only thinks it is right and all others are wrong.

It really is a perception because I believe in G-d and I read the Hebrew scriptures as do the Christians ( Old Testament ) and no where in the Hebrew scriptures is Jesus named. He is not in there at all.

He is in the New Testament.

Jesus was a Jewish teacher and he did not see himself as a G-d. He became a seen as a god well after his death.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality