Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2009, 01:11 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,672,077 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pie in ear View Post
Ajeck,

I can fully understand your point and you started off with a very good question.
First, honestly, are you going to even consider my answer?
That is the whole thing..just being open enough to even hear what I have to say...and then disagree with it is fine...BUT WILL YOU EVEN HEAR ME?..Mr.Alexi is obviously a bitter one and has not even remotely considered a thing i said.
I certainly know how it is to not listen and hear someone out, it's not a judgment...i'm that way...i'm just saying that the whole gist of your intelligent question and my attempt to answer it lie in this one simple thing:
openness. if only for a moment.
You, with little effort, can easily see how a lack of openness will make anything I say as good as if I never wrote it...where is the discussion in that?

The funniest thing is that that is how all of life is lived by people every day.
No one really listens to anyone else. No one will be open to even let another human being in for even a moment...

If you are going to at least hear me I will say that first of all you are not required or even asked to believe anything that you don't want to believe.
That would be silly. Anyone who thinks you'll believe something you don't want to believe is an idiot. I do understand you.
I'm certainly not asking anyone to believe i'm only refuting blatant shallow remarks by some obviously bitter folks that may hurt someone else's search.

I won't bore you with my trek through this very same unbelief and seeming obnoxious assault of Christians. It has NOTHING to do with other Christians essentially.

You ask "How can you say on one hand come as you are and then say you can't believe unless you believe...."
Excellent and pointed question. It IS the heart of the whole matter.
If you in fact choose to come as you are, then there is SOMETHING in you that does believe enough to water the Seed. It is the willingness to at least come as you are that is missing here. It is the very same openness I am talking about.

Can I ask you, again honestly, if you did in fact understand something that someone else did not understand and you can plainly see where they are misunderstanding it and all the while the one who does not understand is calling your position imaginery and wrong and on and on, and you simple tell them, NOT that they are bad or evil or no good , but that they don't see.
They don't see something you see. They are in the dark on this.
Of course they will be offended, unless they've been in a similar situation...then they may consider that perhaps something is missing..
I was not going to get involved but the bolded above led me too. We are expected to listen and hear you, but you do not do the same. You dismiss, call us wrong, in the dark, eyes shut, yet you are the very things you accuse us of being. You reject any evidence against your beliefs and call us blind and closed minded. WOW>

Old 09-07-2009, 01:13 PM

282 posts, read 526,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post
You people just won't quit.

"You have to believe in order to believe, otherwise by the time you die it's too late and you will burn forever in a lake of fire"

And all based solely on an ancient manuscript proven to be merely a poorly written fantasy novel.

Circular argument fallacie coupled with implied threats and guilt simply don't work anymore in any educated country.

This is why we see Christianity failing in Western Nations while gaining ground in third world countries still highly supersticious and with low educational standards.

Much like the atmosphere of medeival Europe.

I'm sorry, Mr.Mundi,

Shall i just throw in the towel on the LIVING pulse of my soul to concede to your 2 dimensional fearful view of life...which is really just animated death?

Old 09-07-2009, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
I was not going to get involved but the bolded above led me too. We are expected to listen and hear you, but you do not do the same. You dismiss, call us wrong, in the dark, eyes shut, yet you are the very things you accuse us of being. You reject any evidence against your beliefs and call us blind and closed minded. WOW>
Wrong.

I listened and considered every word that was intended to teach me.
Again, THere is NO evidence on the face of the earth that can change what someone believes if they choose to believe. Shall I believe some dead data that comes across a computer screen by a malcontent over the LIVING GOD who is InForming me? Shall I?
What if i show you a bunch of information about your wife or girlfriend that was contrary to what you believe about her, even though you've lived with her for years. Are you going to dump her because of what I tell you? or do you know her and her love for you better than anything i can say?

It doesn't mean I'm not listening to their words and considering their position...i've been there.

Most of it was mean hate and you know it.

Maybe you should read it again.

Old 09-07-2009, 01:16 PM

1,317 posts, read 2,056,042 times
Quote:
You people just won't quit.

"You have to believe in order to believe, otherwise by the time you die it's too late and you will burn forever in a lake of fire"

And all based solely on an ancient manuscript proven to be merely a poorly written fantasy novel.

Circular argument fallacie coupled with implied threats and guilt simply don't work anymore in any educated country.

This is why we see Christianity failing in Western Nations while gaining ground in third world countries still highly supersticious and with low educational standards.

Much like the atmosphere of medeival Europe.
When I read the theist arguments here, I swear the USA (80%) are still stuck in the 1950's

Old 09-07-2009, 01:26 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,672,077 times
Quote:
Wrong.

I listened and considered every word that was intended to teach me.
Again, THere is NO evidence on the face of the earth that can change what someone believes if they choose to believe. Shall I believe some dead data that comes across a computer screen by a malcontent over the LIVING GOD who is InForming me? Shall I?
What if i show you a bunch of information about your wife or girlfriend that was contrary to what you believe about her, even though you've lived with her for years. Are you going to dump her because of what I tell you? or do you know her and her love for you better than anything i can say?

It doesn't mean I'm not listening to their words and considering their position...i've been there.

Most of it was mean hate and you know it.

Maybe you should read it again.
No you are WRONG! You think I was talking about just one post here? I have read yours, you are just as bad if not WORSE than us evil atheists!!! And thanks for confirming you throw the evidence out. I can honestly say that if there was real hard evidence of God, I would listen and believe, that is called open mind, considering the facts and evidence, something you and others on here just don't have the ability to do. And yea, if you showed me evidence that my husband was not who I thought he was I would listen and consider, I am not blind, if it is real evidence how could I ignore it, it may be painful but I would rather know than live a lie. If you think people can not fool you you are mistaken and I think the writers of the Bible are award winning conmen, they pulled of the biggest con in history, it happens everyday. God does not teach you anything, there is no God, you read a book and were probably taught by church or family, and you believe, without any evidence.

Old 09-07-2009, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justme58 View Post
When I read the theist arguments here, I swear the USA (80%) are still stuck in the 1950's
What would be a contemporary theist argument?

I should have said everyone is okie-dokie and there is no hell and nothing really matters...right? That would be so PC.

Old 09-07-2009, 01:30 PM

4,474 posts, read 5,414,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predos View Post
Or a more current example, some people here on these forums
The indoctrination of children is a very effective tool, both politically AND especially religiously.

Old 09-07-2009, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
No you are WRONG! You think I was talking about just one post here? I have read yours, you are just as bad if not WORSE than us evil atheists!!! And thanks for confirming you throw the evidence out. I can honestly say that if there was real hard evidence of God, I would listen and believe, that is called open mind, considering the facts and evidence, something you and others on here just don't have the ability to do. And yea, if you showed me evidence that my husband was not who I thought he was I would listen and consider, I am not blind, if it is real evidence how could I ignore it, it may be painful but I would rather know than live a lie. If you think people can not fool you you are mistaken and I think the writers of the Bible are award winning conmen, they pulled of the biggest con in history, it happens everyday. God does not teach you anything, there is no God, you read a book and were probably taught by church or family, and you believe, without any evidence.
So your love for your husband is dependant on something other than you???

I don't see how it could be love than. It is good opinion and mutual liking.

The only con job i'm rid of is the worldly seduction and perpetual lies of fun and gain via pleasure and selfishness.

Old 09-07-2009, 01:33 PM

4,474 posts, read 5,414,512 times
Quote:
I'm sorry, Mr.Mundi,

Shall i just throw in the towel on the LIVING pulse of my soul to concede to your 2 dimensional fearful view of life...which is really just animated death?
ROFLH.

Lady, if I wanted to join a death cult, I would've chosen something cool, like worshipping all nine Aspects of Shiva.

You biblethumpers really need to start worrying about life and living, not fixating on what comes after, especially when your fear of death is based on a fantasy novel.

Old 09-07-2009, 01:33 PM

Quote:
The indoctrination of children is a very effective tool, both politically AND especially religiously.
Are you going to tell me that every kid in public school is not being indocrinated into good ol U S of A mentality and all it's hollywood values?

Are you denying that everyone is indoctrinated?..unless they grew up in the hills of Tennessee somewhere????

really now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality