Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2009, 01:35 PM

282 posts, read 526,329 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post
ROFLH.

Lady, if I wanted to join a death cult, I would've chosen something cool, like worshipping all nine Aspects of Shiva.

You biblethumpers really need to start worrying about life and living, not fixating on what comes after, especially when your fear of death is based on a fantasy novel.
That's just it...you're not aware that you are part of a death cult. It's highly effective. you even believe you have freedom.

okay....thanks for the advice.

Old 09-07-2009, 01:35 PM

4,474 posts, read 5,411,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justme58 View Post
When I read the theist arguments here, I swear the USA (80%) are still stuck in the 1950's
1350's, if you ask me.

Old 09-07-2009, 01:38 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,665,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pie in ear View Post
So your love for your husband is dependant on something other than you???

I don't see how it could be love than. It is good opinion and mutual liking.

The only con job i'm rid of is the worldly seduction and perpetual lies of fun and gain via pleasure and selfishness.
So if you brought me evidence that my husband was a serial killer, I am supposed to deny it and live a lie based on love? That is extremely stupid!!! Wouldn't mean I didn't love him, but I certainly wouldn't turn a blind eye!! if you choose to that is your problem!!!

And no it is not your job,seems like you think you are the God you talk about. We dont want your "beliefs" we prefer truths. So just keep it to yourself, unless you are asked.

Old 09-07-2009, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Are you going to tell me that every kid in public school is not being indocrinated into good ol U S of A mentality and all it's hollywood values?

Are you denying that everyone is indoctrinated?..unless they grew up in the hills of Tennessee somewhere????

really now.
What part of "politically" did you miss in my reply?

The difference is political indoctrination is more easily dismissed as a person grows, it is based on concrete and readily visible information.

Religion is much more insiduious, as it is based purely on myth and not the observable universe around us.

Old 09-07-2009, 01:59 PM

1,317 posts, read 2,055,160 times
Quote:
What would be a contemporary theist argument?

I should have said everyone is okie-dokie and there is no hell and nothing really matters...right? That would be so PC.
Maybe you are not old enough. Back in the 50's-60's during the cold war, your govt had you folk so s#!t scared of Armageddon aka nuclear (or nuculear for you folk) war with all the nuclear drills et al. That was reinforced by your theist agenda getting your gawd on the dollar bill and having the churches keep you in abject fear of death/destruction. That mindset prevails still today amongst you folk.

Old 09-07-2009, 03:48 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,733,562 times
Quote:
Are you denying that everyone is indoctrinated?..unless they grew up in the hills of Tennessee somewhere????

really now.
I can assure you that kids growing up in the hills of Tennessee are just as indoctrinated as anyone else, if not more so. Country folks around here are usually extremely religious (or at least they claim they are).

Old 09-07-2009, 03:57 PM

1,348 posts, read 3,585,527 times
I agree.

The major tenet of Christianity, which is embodied in the sentence "Jesus Christ died for our sins", makes absolutely no sense whatsoever and is highly illogical.

It makes just as much sense as a god named "Xenu" who, 75 million years ago, gathered billions of humans, placed them all on board United Airlines 747 aircraft, and sent them straight into volcanoes with hydrogen bombs so they could be blown up, and in the process created earthlings. This is what Scientologists believe. And both Scientologists and Christians--when confronted with their utterly bizzarre beliefs--will simply dismiss your arguments and claim "faith".

And the scary thing is, as Christianity loses influence and loses members, another crazy cult like Scientology--which is slowly growing and gaining members--will eventually arise to replace it.

Old 09-07-2009, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post
What part of "politically" did you miss in my reply?

The difference is political indoctrination is more easily dismissed as a person grows, it is based on concrete and readily visible information.

Religion is much more insiduious, as it is based purely on myth and not the observable universe around us.
I didn't miss any of your political...but YOU missed the religion of this world.
You are not even aware there is such a thing, it is so successful.

You are thoroughly enslaved to the status quo and all it's agenda including your so called freedoms.

The religious indoctrination some religious receive is pale compared to the thick web of non stop brain tilt the mainstream gets every day in public schools.

I will let you find out for yourself as it surely will get more clear as you get older.

I thank you for your time and input in this discussion but i'm afraid there is no real discussion here.
adios.

Old 09-07-2009, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
So if you brought me evidence that my husband was a serial killer, I am supposed to deny it and live a lie based on love? That is extremely stupid!!! Wouldn't mean I didn't love him, but I certainly wouldn't turn a blind eye!! if you choose to that is your problem!!!

And no it is not your job,seems like you think you are the God you talk about. We dont want your "beliefs" we prefer truths. So just keep it to yourself, unless you are asked.
If i told you your husband was a serial killer and you lived with him for years and yet believed me i would call you a fickle fear monger.

Don't you know whom you love? You wouldn't know if the one you love was a serial killer?

I think we already parted ways on another fun thread so , again, sorry to have waisted your time.

Chow.

Last edited by pie in ear; 09-07-2009 at 05:50 PM..

Old 09-07-2009, 04:46 PM

Quote:
I didn't miss any of your political...but YOU missed the religion of this world.
You are not even aware there is such a thing, it is so successful.

You are thoroughly enslaved to the status quo and all it's agenda including your so called freedoms.

The religious indoctrination some religious receive is pale compared to the thick web of non stop brain tilt the mainstream gets every day in public schools.

I will let you find out for yourself as it surely will get more clear as you get older.

I thank you for your time and input in this discussion but i'm afraid there is no real discussion here.
adios.
Your "successful" religion has never had but a third of the world's population in thrall in it's mere two thousand year history.

And as usual, when faced with simple reality, the religious zealot scampers off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality