Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2009, 02:02 PM

4,275 posts, read 5,429,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvindp View Post
Quite the stretch, but that's your right to say. The truth of the matter is that Christians, in most cases, have refrained from violence and are the ones killed for their belief. They can't just be Christians, because just as you claim, they too are classified -- and the most persecuted believers in the world. Just look at parts of Africa, Korea, and China to see who is routinely persecuted.
Oh? Ignoring for the moment the historical atrocities, murder, and attempted systematic erasure of ancient cultures and religions committed by Christianity in the past...

Ever hear of the Army of God? Abortion clinic bombers, murders of abortion providers, regular mailing of fake Anthrax letters, and regularly terrorize abortion clinic works as well. By ever definition of the term, Army of God is a terrorist organization. Gee, I wonder why they don't make the news.

Ever hear of The National Liberation Front of Tripura? No? Not suprised, US media, exclusivley owned by Abrahamics, simply refuse to air news articles on Christian Terrorists organizations. The NLFT is listed among the top ten terrorist organizations in the world by the National Memorial Institute for the Prevention of Terrorism.

Or how about the "Sons of Freedom" in Canada, or the "Russian National Unity", or the "Lord's Resistance Army" in Uganda which uses children as walking bombs, rape, murder and engaging in the sex slavery industry to buy weapons? And we certainly cannot forget the good ol' Klan, now can we, or Christian Identity and Christian Patriots, all very guilty of terrorist activities.

So please, get down off your high horse, you people are no better than anyone else, especially in the persecution department. The only thing keeping your theocrats at bay in this Nation was the US Secular Laws our Founders put in place, legal principles that STILL stand despite being heavily eroded by fundamentalists and the theocratic agenda.

BTW, if you're looking for sympathy for your missionaries overseas, you won't get any here. It is well past time when Christianity could force it's way into a country that already enjoys it's own religious traditions by force of arms. If Christians are in an area of the world and are being persecuted, take a hint and leave, you're not wanted.

Old 08-18-2009, 02:06 PM

28 posts, read 33,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post
Very easy to explain.

The story is a myth with no grounding in reality.

Mystery solved.
If I believed that my time was limited to this one "earthly" existence, I would skip this forum and live it as fully as I could. Why argue for "eternal nothingness" while your only time is wasted on here arguing with those believing in "eternal life."

Old 08-18-2009, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Oh? Ignoring for the moment the historical atrocities, murder, and attempted systematic erasure of ancient cultures and religions committed by Christianity in the past...

Ever hear of the Army of God? Abortion clinic bombers, murders of abortion providers, regular mailing of fake Anthrax letters, and regularly terrorize abortion clinic works as well. By ever definition of the term, Army of God is a terrorist organization. Gee, I wonder why they don't make the news.

Ever hear of The National Liberation Front of Tripura? No? Not suprised, US media, exclusivley owned by Abrahamics, simply refuse to air news articles on Christian Terrorists organizations. The NLFT is listed among the top ten terrorist organizations in the world by the National Memorial Institute for the Prevention of Terrorism.

Or how about the "Sons of Freedom" in Canada, or the "Russian National Unity", or the "Lord's Resistance Army" in Uganda which uses children as walking bombs, rape, murder and engaging in the sex slavery industry to buy weapons? And we certainly cannot forget the good ol' Klan, now can we, or Christian Identity and Christian Patriots, all very guilty of terrorist activities.

So please, get down off your high horse, you people are no better than anyone else, especially in the persecution department. The only thing keeping your theocrats at bay in this Nation was the US Secular Laws our Founders put in place, legal principles that STILL stand despite being heavily eroded by fundamentalists and the theocratic agenda.

BTW, if you're looking for sympathy for your missionaries overseas, you won't get any here. It is well past time when Christianity could force it's way into a country that already enjoys it's own religious traditions by force of arms. If Christians are in an area of the world and are being persecuted, take a hint and leave, you're not wanted.
True Christians are not doing these things, even if these individuals claimed Christianity. Your analogy is a great stretch. Just as Muslims have extremists so does every religion. One bad atheist doesn't make all atheists bad. Nice touch with the "high horse" talk.

Old 08-18-2009, 02:15 PM

Quote:

BTW: Atheists are a small percentage of the American population, but no one is asking you to leave.

Old 08-18-2009, 03:08 PM

Quote:
If I believed that my time was limited to this one "earthly" existence, I would skip this forum and live it as fully as I could. Why argue for "eternal nothingness" while your only time is wasted on here arguing with those believing in "eternal life."
Firstly, I am a Theist, not an Atheist.

Secondly, there is no valid evidence of a historical Jesus, and simply no evidence of any requirement that one give's oneself to any god to recieve a place in the afterlife.

One doesn't have to be an Atheist to assume Christ is a myth.

Old 08-18-2009, 03:28 PM

13,137 posts, read 22,893,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NihonKitty View Post
Why do christians always say this? I am japanese, jesus did not die for my sins. I have absolutely nothing to do with a woman he created out of dirt and a rib (lol?) who ate a fruit from a magical tree because a talking snake told her too.

I look at it like this, imagine a car salesman comes to your house and says, we made this car for you! You need to buy it now and drive it everyday! First of all I did not ask for you to make that car, so no I don't need to buy it. I did not ask for jesus to die for "my sins" (who is really the sins of only eve not me), jesus died for nothing then, and his death was absolutely no different then what other people suffered under the romans. Did all the other humans who were crucified also die for me? Jesus did not die for me period, he was murdered, I did not ask for anything, nor did i ask to go to a "heaven" that I didn't even know about until i visited the USA.

Also if jesus died for my sins, then i am going to go sin and sin and sin since he died for my sins already right? Doesn't make any sense. God didnt have to send his son (who is also himself lol) to die for his creations, he could have just made it so. I feel bad for jesus and the bad treatment he got from his father (who is also himself) and the bad logic for his death.
Heretic! Barbarian! Unless you throw away your culture and belief system and accept mine you will suffer the consequences!!

Old 08-18-2009, 04:08 PM

33,633 posts, read 37,297,869 times
Quote:
True Christians are not doing these things, even if these individuals claimed Christianity. Your analogy is a great stretch. Just as Muslims have extremists so does every religion. One bad atheist doesn't make all atheists bad. Nice touch with the "high horse" talk.
Here we go again with the "They aren't true Christians" BS.

I guess these people are not "real" Christians either. This just one example of the results of Christian missionary work.

Palin, pal of witch-hunter Thomas Muthee, might want to read this new article about one African witch hunter who claims that he has killed over a hundred child witches. Again, these guys do this for profit. They name a child a witch and then demand a price for removing the witchcraft. If the parents can’t pay the child is frequently killed.

African Witch Hunter Claims 100 Children Killed « Witchybitch

New Bones of Witches: Women and Children of Africa, Asia, Mexico « Burying the Bones: Rituals for Loss of Life, Land, and Culture

'Bishop' who claimed he'd killed 110 child 'witches' is arrested in Nigeria | Mail Online

Old 08-18-2009, 04:27 PM

Quote:
No True Scotsman fallacy is the only argument you have?

Those Christian terrorists are as "truely" Christian as any of you, including yourself.

And yes, the "high horse" anology indicates someone speaiking from a false sence of some form of arrogant supremacy. Your religion is no better than anyone elses, and is just as responsible for intolerance, persecution, and outright murder as any of your fellow Abrahamics.

Old 08-18-2009, 04:43 PM

God bless you non-believers! May your convictions and believed truths be true, for a lot rests on it. Continue to run down Christians and believers in something more than self, the seen, and anarchy. I can only imagine the real reasons for hating the idea of God (rules regarding morality, ethics, loyalty, faithfulness, honesty...) because it comes with real responsibility. A carefree reckless life isn't supported.Celebrate my departure, because I find no other arguments, or can even fathom any that you would believe. You seemingly believe in no evidence, can not infer from the excessive amount of evidence there is, and lack faith in the unseen. What a sad existence to shut off everything you don't fully understand, because the world becomes so small, so insignificant.God bless and may you find the way to see things from two angles instead of one. Try to break from your deep entrenchment in atheism, theism,..., and re-evaluate your assumptions --- your required level of proof. Hopefully at least one person here finds there's something more than the belief in "nothing in faith."Personally, I think this forum only exists for angry people who need to argue and diminish others. Even in the absence of belief, the words here are downright distasteful and degrading, to others and yourself.

Old 08-18-2009, 05:03 PM

1,266 posts, read 1,804,779 times
Quote:
Quite the stretch, but that's your right to say. The truth of the matter is that Christians, in most cases, have refrained from violence and are the ones killed for their belief. They can't just be Christians, because just as you claim, they too are classified -- and the most persecuted believers in the world. Just look at parts of Africa, Korea, and China to see who is routinely persecuted.
I'm pretty sure Jews have suffered far more (true) persecution in the world than Christians, mostly BY the hands of Christians. Holocaust anyone?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality