Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 04:31 PM

4,655 posts, read 5,090,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Again proof you guys do not care or respect a preson's wishes. You only care about your own. Thanks for confirming it.
You did see where I said that I wouldn't knock on your door if you had the sign, right? Did you read my whole post?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2009, 04:35 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,705,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
You did see where I said that I wouldn't knock on your door if you had the sign, right? Did you read my whole post?
I apologize, I missed the not.

Old 08-02-2009, 04:46 PM

33,631 posts, read 37,285,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
If you don't have Jesus you are in danger of going to hell when you die. I'm sorry if telling you that offends you. As for the "no solicitation sign? That's ok--I don't sell anything or request money. But fat lip or no, I would not knock on your door if you had the sign. I realize you don't want to be bothered.
How can I be in fear of hell when I know it's just so much camel dung?

Still I find it offensive being told "You are gonna burn in hell" because the person who tells me that is making a negative judgment about my character, when they usually know nothing about me...Don't come to my door to tell me that, and don't tell me on the street or anyplace else including here on the forum...It is rude, judgmental and obnoxious, but most of all untrue.

Old 08-02-2009, 04:50 PM

3,770 posts, read 10,599,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
It's hard to count how many time have I heard ridiculous analogies like this coming from Christians. "When you stop a child from playing on that busy street you are putting the child out of danger"...

"If you see a man drowning, would you not help him?" seems to be the favorite...Well nobody is playing on the street and nobody is drowning.

When you come pounding on my door you are putting no one out of danger, but you may be putting yourself in peril of a fat lip if you ignore my "No Soliciting" sign.
So you use violence,way to go,that is real humane.

Old 08-02-2009, 04:53 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,705,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noland123 View Post
God ( so i am told) made us in his image. he likes violence and killing, so why wouldnt we?

Old 08-02-2009, 04:54 PM

33,631 posts, read 37,285,529 times
Quote:

Deal with it..

Old 08-02-2009, 05:19 PM

4,275 posts, read 5,428,548 times
Quote:
Inquasitions, Crusades, violence towards gays, Army of God committing terrorist acts against abortion clinics and providers, Ireland, Lord's Resistance Army in Uganda, Shiks being assaulted on our streets, Christian Identity, Christian Patriots, Concerned Christians...

And let us not forget the National Liberation Front of Tripura in India, listed among the National Memorial Institute for the Prevention of Terrorism's Top Ten list.

Oh wait, that's right, Christians are a peaceful lot, aren't they.

Old 08-02-2009, 05:35 PM

4,510 posts, read 7,538,529 times
ShepsMom, hello!

i did not read through this thread, simply because the header put me off already.

imho, it's not only christians that are selfish, but most of mankind.
maybe it would do this forum some good to come to a mutual understanding of very different pathways all individuals must and should take.

it is fashionable to put forward ideas in a way that automatically puts others in the wrong.
may be very exciting in a competitive setting.
is that feasable, however?

how come, an atheist can hold a christian to task on standards both may never fully comprehend? and vice versa.

i do believe it is possible to express one's own views without those very irritating side effects. jesting, however, is really an art better left to the experts.

my own expertise, meanwhile, is that of an idiot trying to find foolish questions to ask.

Old 08-02-2009, 06:00 PM

Christians should want their rewards in Heaven and not on Earth,their good deeds not seen by other and boasting of them. It is selfish when you see others in need and do nothing but give lip service . It might impress others but it doesn't impress the one who needs the help,

Old 08-02-2009, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Deal with it..
So you spare the rod, but use your fists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality