Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2009, 02:06 PM

16,292 posts, read 28,617,920 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Well, God saved the eight people in the Ark of Noah. And I know he saved me from eternal death as well. And I can tell you, God is real, and He is alive. And I have had personal encounters with Him over the years. In the time of Noah, most of the world turned away from God. And Jesus tells us that near the end of time, the people here on earth, will be acting just like the people before the flood.
We know that inbreeding causes stupidity and other genetic problems.

Leave me out of that fantasy gene pool, a very shallow pool, but perhaps the believers did come from that shallow pool with all the genetic problems.

I'll claim my heritage from the deeper pool of slime that the rest of life on this planet emerged from, with in diversity, and the intelligence born in a deeper pool. After all, Noah was, black, white, Indian, Indian as in native American, Mongoloid, Oriental, Aboriginal, etc. etc. or was he he just lilly white in your lilly white gawds image?

Or could a whole lot of 'evolution' have occurred since the cruise? Oh wait: evolution has been denied by fundies, so what is the explanation?

Last edited by Asheville Native; 11-17-2009 at 02:38 PM..

Old 11-17-2009, 02:12 PM

13,137 posts, read 22,894,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
How did Noah keep strong, well-armed men from storming his Ark? How did he fend them off? After all, he went all the way to New Zealand to get a pair of Kiwis, and the frozen waters of the Arctic for polar bears and the Antarctc for penguins, and the Arizona desert for Gila Monsters. How did he keep any other men from getting aboard to escape the rain?
If he could get 2 representatives of all the animals in the world then he could also get a big ass gun to defend the ark. I think he would have used a minigun. Maybe it was robotically controlled.

Old 11-17-2009, 02:51 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,710,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Like heal amputees? We're still waiting on that simple little demo that this is anything but an outrageous fairy tale.
Not only that, but it seems he only liked to do the impossible when no one now could witness, it was all what 2-3000 years ago!!

Old 11-17-2009, 05:52 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,997,301 times
Quote:
We know that inbreeding causes stupidity and other genetic problems.

Leave me out of that fantasy gene pool, a very shallow pool, but perhaps the believers did come from that shallow pool with all the genetic problems.

I'll claim my heritage from the deeper pool of slime that the rest of life on this planet emerged from, with in diversity, and the intelligence born in a deeper pool. After all, Noah was, black, white, Indian, Indian as in native American, Mongoloid, Oriental, Aboriginal, etc. etc. or was he he just lilly white in your lilly white gawds image?

Or could a whole lot of 'evolution' have occurred since the cruise? Oh wait: evolution has been denied by fundies, so what is the explanation?
Skin color, is simply the result of where groups of people settled. Those near the equator tend to have darker skin, where those in northern regions have lighter. And generations who have lived in such climates would naturally have their skin pigment changed because of obvious exposure. This is not a proof for Darwins evolution, because such a change in pigment can be experienced by most people who venture out in the summer sun. And naturally, after thousands of years of such exposure from a certain set of orginal parents that setteled in such areas, this would finally result in what we see today. This conclusion, should be obvious. And such a change is a natural occurance within the human body.

And if you want to make an arguement for stupidity, it appears it was those from the northern regions who became the great inventors, and the industrious people. Where as, most from the southern regions imbraced the tribal mindset, which still hinders their ability to create, and improve the life of their own people in this most modern age. And even today, it is the northern folks who must go to such regions to drill wells, and teach those in the southern areas of the world, the most basic needs of life. And even with such aid, these same groups seem to lack the ability to ever help themselves. And we can see this from generation to generation. Yet, where the Christian message is taught, it is in those areas of the world were we see an advancement in the peoples thinking, and their productivity. And that is why an atheist in a recent published paper stated, why the people of Africa need the Christian message. And he states this, even thought he himself does not believe in God. He saw the obvious results of this Biblical message, and how it is changing the lives of a people who have lived in generations of spiritual darkness.

Old 11-17-2009, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Skin color, is simply the result of where groups of people settled.

The differences are much more than skin color, they are genetic. But why should I expect someone with such a superficial view of everything to be able to see any deeper than the color of the skin.

Old 11-17-2009, 06:17 PM

Quote:
And if you want to make an arguement for stupidity, it appears it was those from the northern regions who became the great inventors, and the industrious people. Where as, most from the southern regions imbraced the tribal mindset, which still hinders their ability to create, and improve the life of their own people in this most modern age. And even today, it is the northern folks who must go to such regions to drill wells, and teach those in the southern areas of the world, the most basic needs of life. And even with such aid, these same groups seem to lack the ability to ever help themselves. And we can see this from generation to generation. Yet, where the Christian message is taught, it is in those areas of the world were we see an advancement in the peoples thinking, and their productivity. And that is why an atheist in a recent published paper stated, why the people of Africa need the Christian message. And he states this, even thought he himself does not believe in God. He saw the obvious results of this Biblical message, and how it is changing the lives of a people who have lived in generations of spiritual darkness.
Your bigotry and unbridled hatred is utterly amazing, surpassed only by your ignorance of science, reality and the apparent lack of any common sense. That blatant hatred can best be summed up in a single statement.

Being a Bigot doesn't make you Christian Bigotry is ugly, destructive, an emotion born in the womb of utter ignorance, yet you wear it proudly.

But you can't even explain how a radio works, a device that was often built as a hobby by kids in the 50's and 60's. Where does that leave you in the void of knowledge you have surrounded yourself with?

Old 11-17-2009, 10:04 PM

Quote:
The differences are much more than skin color, they are genetic. But why should I expect someone with such a superficial view of everything to be able to see any deeper than the color of the skin.
Of course, common sense would tell you, that if a group of people have come from a common ancestry, they would all share similar DNA. And that is why I mentioned, "a certain set of orginal parents".

I would suggest you forget about your opinion of my superficial view. And maybe, just try to concentrate, on what was actually stated.

Old 11-17-2009, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Your bigotry and unbridled hatred is utterly amazing, surpassed only by your ignorance of science, reality and the apparent lack of any common sense. That blatant hatred can best be summed up in a single statement.

Being a Bigot doesn't make you Christian Bigotry is ugly, destructive, an emotion born in the womb of utter ignorance, yet you wear it proudly.

But you can't even explain how a radio works, a device that was often built as a hobby by kids in the 50's and 60's. Where does that leave you in the void of knowledge you have surrounded yourself with?
Well Asheville Native, if I was into bigotry, I would not be sending my money to support different missionary projects in Africa. Both my wife and I have personal missionary friends who have spent the better part of their life helping in various tribal regions. Telling it like it is, is not the same as BIGOTRY.

However, let's try to stay on the topic, which of course, is Noahs Ark.
On Dec. of 2002, Claudio Schranz was able to film wood beams protruding from Parrot Glacier high up on Mt. Ararat. This is the same area where Fernand Navarra was in 1955, and 1969. Navarra extracted wood from a structure and was able to bring it down. Yet, the non believers said he never found wood on Parrot Glacier. And basically called Navarra a liar. However, this video seems to show us that yes, such wood does exist on Parrot Glacier. And such wood discoveries have also been confirmed by Turkish authorities, and a team from Hong Kong back in 2007. This video from 2002, shows us wood that appears to be from a man-made origin, and from Parrot Glacier. Such a find, would confirm what Navarra said he found when he was on the Glacier back in 1955.

YouTube - Wooden Beam of Noah's Ark on Mount Ararat

Old 11-18-2009, 12:04 AM

9,929 posts, read 13,966,008 times
Google Image Result for http://www.space.com/images/1949-f6_BIGAD.jpg

This is cool! I thought I read somewhere that his recreation is half the size of the ark described in the bible.

Google Image Result for http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v727/KissySquirrel/NOAHS%20ARK%20human%20built/Noahs1.jpg

Old 11-18-2009, 12:15 AM

33,633 posts, read 37,301,265 times
Campbell....You are like a dog chasing his tail, or perhaps your memory is shot....We have gone over the so called wooden beam ( basalt column ) before.

It seems like you have nothing new, so you just regurgitate the same stuff time and time again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality