Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2009, 10:40 PM

5,540 posts, read 7,138,297 times

Advertisements

Justme58...

I luvvvvvvvv that cartoon.

Last edited by Tantalust; 11-14-2009 at 10:57 PM..

Old 11-15-2009, 06:22 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,988,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
That might be enough to get him through breakfast of the first day
Of course, if the lizard was in a state of hibernation, it might not require any food at all. Yet, if you want to believe that Noah's Ark would be impossible, I'm sure such a possibility, would never be considered.

Old 11-15-2009, 10:14 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,591,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Of course, if the lizard was in a state of hibernation, it might not require any food at all.
OK, granted some reptiles do go into "brumation" which resembles hibernation. They do it when temps are cold. So the big boat had refrigerated spaces so the dinosaurs could go into brumation, guess they also kept the food in there also so it wouldn't spoil during the long cruise.

Quote:
Yet, if you want to believe that Noah's Ark would be impossible, I'm sure such a possibility, would never be considered.
DoH! But then your reasoning behind how this could be done is basically childlike and naive, to utterly absurd.

I know it is impossible, the application of just a little common sense makes it clear that it us utter nonsense.

Old 11-15-2009, 10:46 AM

4,173 posts, read 6,699,979 times
Quote:
I know it is impossible, the application of just a little common sense makes it clear that it us utter nonsense.
...yes, but the application of blind faith negates the impact of common sense or reasonable thought or science or probability. You lose.

Old 11-15-2009, 10:52 AM

5,540 posts, read 7,138,297 times
Quote:
Of course, if the lizard was in a state of hibernation, it might not require any food at all.
I can picture that. So, how much deck space do you suppose the two snoozing brontosauruses took up? I assume they were lying down.

Old 11-15-2009, 10:57 AM

1,317 posts, read 2,059,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantalust View Post
I can picture that. So, how much deck space do you suppose the two snoozing brontosauruses took up? I assume they were lying down.
I guess you missed the part of the walking eggs?
http://www.myspaceantics.com/images/myspace-graphics/funny-pictures/walking-chicken-egg.jpg (broken link)

Old 11-16-2009, 07:54 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,946,042 times
Default "I hear you knockin', but you can't come in..."

Quote:
OK, granted some reptiles do go into "brumation" which resembles hibernation. They do it when temps are cold. So the big boat had refrigerated spaces so the dinosaurs could go into brumation, guess they also kept the food in there also so it wouldn't spoil during the long cruise.

DoH! But then your reasoning behind how this could be done is basically childlike and naive, to utterly absurd.

But then, we've long ago established that "common sense" & "logic" have NOTHING TO DO with Arkist machinations, right?

Else, it all goes out the window. Every time I try to imagine a brace (10 or 12) of vegan T-rexs wandering the upper recreation deck of the Ark, trying not to notice the 40 sheep, 60 whitetailed deer, herd of 100 antelope (they're a bit ecologicallly sensitive, after all..) or 40 stegosaurs, plus those 50 evil-eyed Velocirators cruisin' for protein, I break out laughing, and I thank Tom for being such a card.....

No wonder noah and his kids stayed below decks.

YouTube - The many roars of T-rex

Now THAT would surely keep you up nights, huh? "Is he really a harmless vegan, grampah?"

Old 11-16-2009, 08:13 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,591,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justme58 View Post
I guess you missed the part of the walking eggs?
http://www.myspaceantics.com/images/myspace-graphics/funny-pictures/walking-chicken-egg.jpg (broken link)
OK, that explains all the reptiles and birds that have legs.

But what about all the snakes? How does an egg 'slither'?

Old 11-16-2009, 11:15 PM

1,317 posts, read 2,059,013 times
Quote:
OK, that explains all the reptiles and birds that have legs.

But what about all the snakes? How does an egg 'slither'?
Easy

Old 11-17-2009, 01:29 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,988,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantalust View Post
If they were young, not as much as you might think. However, according to the Russian account, they stated their people saw cages that were said to be of great size. Much bigger, than one would expect, if we were only talking about elephants, ect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality