Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2009, 06:53 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,581,118 times

Advertisements

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
I have to expend as much energy as you guys.
Why? Do you babble just to see what you type? Or do you have so little interaction with intelligent people that you have to engage those who disagree with you?

Quote:
I'm very confident in my beliefs.
As is the Coyote that he will catch the Roadrunner. He is wrong too.

Quote:
You type out all of this loooooong text which tells me you might not be as firm as you let on.
My replies are long? Have you even read them? Or perhaps it is that your attention span toward truth is so short as to be non-existent.

Old 09-25-2009, 06:56 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,581,118 times
Quote:
Oh and believe me. Christians don't know a lot of things.
You mean like the truth?

Old 09-25-2009, 06:56 AM

9,496 posts, read 12,954,364 times
Quote:
HAHA!!! WHO KNOWS??? That's your answer? And you're cool with that? Boy! That sure sounds reeeeally scientific! LOL!
So how do you know that some "elemental form" was there? Geez.....it takes more faith to believe that something came from nothing than to at least come from a cosmological point.

Sounds like YOU"RE the one relying on "magic"....not me.

At this point, I'm glad I'm not as smart as you.
So. You require absolute answers to everything, right now !!!, and be quick about it, scientists, damn your hides! There's absolutely NOTHING new to discover any more! Because there's a God!

(So you won't be getting a flu shot this year I take it... There's no such thing as an evolved new flu virus..... You enjoying your Model T Ford and B&W TV? How's about that crank-up phone you have in your house?)

People who insisted on that blind viewpoint have, through history, been a persistent and vile scourge on the inevitable and relentless accumulation of true and real knowledge. You would have fit right in as an Interrogator during The Spanish Inquisition, my friend!

http://www.visindavefur.hi.is/myndir...nquisition.jpg

(Oh yes; there you are, reading from the Absolute Book of All Knowledge)

And I can see that, no, you are not as smart as I, but that's probably genetics, so don't fight it! Just go sit down in Church, and they'll tell you exactly what to think. It's so much easier for you, because otherwise, I understand, your head hurts....

Old 09-25-2009, 07:00 AM

240 posts, read 438,168 times
Default Mmm,,,

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
How did Noah keep strong, well-armed men from storming his Ark? How did he fend them off? After all, he went all the way to New Zealand to get a pair of Kiwis, and the frozen waters of the Arctic for polar bears and the Antarctc for penguins, and the Arizona desert for Gila Monsters. How did he keep any other men from getting aboard to escape the rain?

Noah did as God instructed him he warned the people about the rain that was coming and when he finish building the ark God told himwho he was to take into the ark as per his family.
Noah did not have to fight to keep any other person from trying to get into the ark for 2 reasons:
1.God told him how to build the ark and the materual to use,so you know if it could handle a major catastrophic flood it could handle anything

2.God shut the door of the ark and was not going to allow anyone to open it.When God closes a door no man has the power to open it.Godput his seal on the door.Also notice their was only one window that God allowed to be placed on the ark and he sealed it

Old 09-25-2009, 07:15 AM

Thumbs down Stunning Ignorance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikk View Post
No, sanspeur, you are incorrect, science is the tool that scientists use to prove their theory.

Wrong. So very wrong. You obviously aren't a scientist. Not a scholar or open-minded thinker.

Science is simply the tool and system that naturally curious people who like true answers use to ensure that the answers they get are as honest and valid as they can be.

It's highly regimented and adjudicated, unlike Christianity, having evolved over many years, and requires vigorous peer review and duplicability, which pretty much roots out any false nonsense. Yes, some few false claims have been made and gloated over happily by jealous Christian acolytes, but guess what? Though Christians crow about the few and very far-between hoaxes, you tell me precisely who it was that discovered the hoaxes in EVERY FRICKIN' CASE?

"Why, Martha, it was them durned scy-yun-tysts! They did it! Say, thet there system of theays does damn work aftur all, yup!"

This is a common misconception with science. Many people think that scientists are honest people sitting in their labs doing science to discover the truth, but this is farthest from the truth.

Really? How many papers have you published? (Myself? 15+ Nothing easy about it. Of course, you would have had problems writing the brief summary intro, or even conceiving of it....)

Most scientists, have a personal idea of how the universe works, they then spend the rest of their lives attempting to prove that the universe operates as they think using scientific principles.

What utterly, amazingly brainless crap. This what they chant together down at your mindless Church? The Church of "The Eternal Darkness?

You know nothing, yet you spread it around like so much insulting Christian manure. No wonder you people belong in the Dark Ages.

They should after much study prove their theory right or wrong and move on to the truth, but this does not happen. Most continue on with their life long passion to reveal their personal belief upon the universe. Hence evolution.
Well, you've characterized your very limited mental capabilites. If it were in my power, I'd magically, like God, remove the items you use every day that a scientific mindset and process has provided. Oooooopppsss.. there you are, loincloth and sharp stick... no, wait; you'd have to have scientifically deduced how to use a rock to sharpen that stick, so no... you get a broken off branch to defend yourself.

What a moronic post, clearly indicative of an inferior mind and education.

Old 09-25-2009, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenlisa View Post
Noah did as God instructed him he warned the people about the rain that was coming and when he finish building the ark God told himwho he was to take into the ark as per his family.
Noah did not have to fight to keep any other person from trying to get into the ark for 2 reasons:
1.God told him how to build the ark and the materual to use,so you know if it could handle a major catastrophic flood it could handle anything

2.God shut the door of the ark and was not going to allow anyone to open it.When God closes a door no man has the power to open it.Godput his seal on the door.Also notice their was only one window that God allowed to be placed on the ark and he sealed it
I can't take it any more guys.... They actually spout reason and rationality against an impossible event! A-frickin'-mazing! They are massed in their fantasy ignorance! It's a lost cause! They are thus forever doomed to a life of blindered "faith-based" ignorance.

600 million animals on a wooden barge...... unbelievable!

Old 09-25-2009, 08:00 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,910,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post

600 million animals on a wooden barge......
With the only door and only window 'sealed' up!!

...and they wonder why we laugh!!

Old 09-25-2009, 08:37 AM

1,317 posts, read 2,060,302 times
Quote:
I have no rational answer to this concoction, but I did watch Lord of The Rings last night. It was quite believable.
I remember when John Faggeee threw tantrums about Harry Potter - they do want the majik all to themselves

Old 09-25-2009, 08:40 AM

7,915 posts, read 18,663,917 times
yeshuasavedme wrote:
Quote:
Okay, so you are not "god". Then you are not a peer who can review the Bible -right?

Do you believe nothing created something?
I've read the Bible but couldn't make heads or tails of it. If I was going to review it I'd have to give it poor ratings as an unintelligible book of fiction.
If you're asking me where did the universe come from I don't have a clue but I don't think it was made by an invisible being with magic powers.

Old 09-25-2009, 08:51 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,582,816 times
Quote:
So. You require absolute answers to everything, right now !!!, and be quick about it, scientists, damn your hides! There's absolutely NOTHING new to discover any more! Because there's a God!

(So you won't be getting a flu shot this year I take it... There's no such thing as an evolved new flu virus..... You enjoying your Model T Ford and B&W TV? How's about that crank-up phone you have in your house?)

People who insisted on that blind viewpoint have, through history, been a persistent and vile scourge on the inevitable and relentless accumulation of true and real knowledge. You would have fit right in as an Interrogator during The Spanish Inquisition, my friend!

http://www.visindavefur.hi.is/myndir...nquisition.jpg

(Oh yes; there you are, reading from the Absolute Book of All Knowledge)

And I can see that, no, you are not as smart as I, but that's probably genetics, so don't fight it! Just go sit down in Church, and they'll tell you exactly what to think. It's so much easier for you, because otherwise, I understand, your head hurts....
So let me get this straight....

The more you say you don't know something, the smarter you are??
This world is really turned on it's head.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality