Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2009, 03:02 PM

2,981 posts, read 5,475,507 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Massimo Pigliucci, who has debated Gish five times, noted that Gish ignores evidence contrary to his religious beliefs.[10] Others have accused Gish of stonewalling arguments with fabricated facts or figures
Duane Gish - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Par for the course then for a creation 'scientist'.
You rely on such a scientific peer reviewed writing as wikipedia so much!
The man wrote the references in that article to evolutionists' own writings about the Big Bang Theory being collapsed. Go check out the articles in the papers he referenced, and stop attacking the messengers with wikipedia, which anyone at all may edit. Maybe even you, yourself, have edited wikipedia,and are quoting yourself from there, for all I know!

Old 09-24-2009, 03:02 PM

3,331 posts, read 5,973,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
I cannot explain the working of my DVD player to my very intelligent cat, Dottie The Wonder Cat (check out her glowing eyes in my profile album!).

She just doesn't "get it". Why not? It's right there, and I can sorta-kinda understand it? Well, her IQ, in human terms, is probably about 14. Other cats, about 8!
Obviously the feline counterpart to my very own "Bono the Wonder Beagle"!

Old 09-24-2009, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxolan View Post
Who believes this anywhere in the world today, much less on this forum? Baring some strange religions, that is - I'm sure there are a few in which "nothing" engendered the world/creator gods. I have reasons to doubt rifleman is a follower of one of these religions .
Do you believe that the LORD God/YHWH Elohym, created everything?

Old 09-24-2009, 03:07 PM

Nora the piano playing cat.

YouTube - Nora The Piano Cat: The Sequel - Better than the original!

and a concerto written for her

YouTube - CATcerto. ENTIRE PERFORMANCE. Mindaugas Piecaitis, Nora The Piano Cat

Old 09-24-2009, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxolan View Post
"Institute for Creation Research"? Is that your source? People who confuse biology and astronomy? Oh dear .
So was that book peer-reviewed? Does it hold any kind of scientific credibility? What Ph.D. does his author have anyway, and what position does he now hold in a scientific institution? Given that it's published by a non-scientific creationist press and that the only references to it are from creationist website, I'm unimpressed..
Darwin's peers, theologians, have reviewed his works and found them false.
Darwin held a BA in Theology, and Theologians with only a BA are his peers who have reviewed his work.

Also; Ray Comfort has reviewed Darwin's "Origin of Species" which is in public domain, and has republished it with his reviews; Ray Comfort reproduces 'Origin of Species' with creation comparisons

Duane Gish, Ph.D. in biochemistry, University of California, Berkeley 1953 .
He has held key positions at Berkeley, Cornell University Medical College, and The Upjohn Company, where he collaborated with former Nobel Prize winners in various projects. His interest in the creation/evolution issue grew until, in 1971, he left The Upjohn Company to join the faculty at the newly established (1970) Christian Heritage College and its research division. In 1972, the latter changed its name to the Institute for Creation Research, and Dr. Gish has served as Associate Director and Vice President since that time.

Old 09-24-2009, 03:21 PM

Rifleman, are you "god"?

Old 09-24-2009, 03:32 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,669,624 times
yeshuasavedme wrote:
Quote:
In 1972, the latter changed its name to the Institute for Creation Research, and Dr. Gish has served as Associate Director and Vice President since that time.
So in other words, instead of using the scientific method and following wherever the evidence leads them, this organization is openly admitting by their very name that their only goal is to try to find anything that might support creationism and discredit evolution. That's not what scientists do. They don't start with the point of view that they already know the answer and then go look for something to prove it's true.

Old 09-24-2009, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
yeshuasavedme wrote:

So in other words, instead of using the scientific method and following wherever the evidence leads them, this organization is openly admitting by their very name that their only goal is to try to find anything that might support creationism and discredit evolution. That's not what scientists do. They don't start with the point of view that they already know the answer and then go look for something to prove it's true.
Read his own bio.....

Are you god, MontanGuy?

````

Here's a video of the subject of the big bang busted being discussed by an astronomer and New Scientist Journalist.
Marcus Chown in Conversation with Fred Watson

Australian Broadcasting Corporation
FORA.tv - Marcus Chown in Conversation with Fred Watson

Old 09-24-2009, 04:08 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,669,624 times
yeshuasavedme wrote:
Quote:
Are you god, MontanGuy?
No, I'm not. I don't believe there is such a being as God and it's my opinion that all religions, every one of them, are based on mythology.

Old 09-24-2009, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
yeshuasavedme wrote:

No, I'm not. I don't believe there is such a being as God and it's my opinion that all religions, every one of them, are based on mythology.
Okay, so you are not "god". Then you are not a peer who can review the Bible -right?

Do you believe nothing created something?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality