Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2009, 09:45 PM

2,981 posts, read 5,470,801 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
You sure don't know how science works do you...The main function of science is to discover things that we don't know...Honest people, scientists and others often say we don't know....Words that Christians have great difficulty with. You don't even know if there is a god, let alone what he may have done. All you have is what you believe.
Science is not an entity, and so science doesn't "work".
Where do you get a "function" for "science", anyway?
So are you saying, above, that scientists are not honest?
"Science" of any discipline is philo-sophy of any discipline. Philosophy means love of wisdom.
Love of wisdom is the engine which drives true philosophy/science. Evolution is not love of wisdom, love of sophy , but hatred of wisdom and love of folly.

Jesus Christ is the Wisdom of God. Love of Jesus Chriist is love of Wisdom -love of Science.
Jesus Christ is the Truth. Love of Jesus Christ is love of Truth.
Jesus Christ is the Life. Love of Jesus Christ is love of Life.

Old 09-25-2009, 12:35 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,902,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
Ray Comfort....
Yeah! Ray Comfort...the dude that thinks bananas are proof of god!! Brilliant source of info....and you have the nerve to dis Wiki.

Old 09-25-2009, 12:40 AM

1,317 posts, read 2,059,355 times
Quote:
So?, you admit that you did not make yourself, and that you did not always exist, but your parents did not make you. They did not make the egg and the sperm which united at your conception. Your mother was born with the parts for multiplying the race and so was your father. Who made the first male and female humans? Who made anything male and female, with seed in it's kind?
Who made the egg and sperm? and what force caused the sperm to find the egg and to enter it, and why were all others sealed out instantly from entering the same egg? What force was operative in the sperm to cause it to seek and find its target, the matured, egg?
Aw shucks, you're soo clever, you got me. It must be magic.

BTW which one of Noah's sons are you descended from? If you a so co.ck sure, your family tree must go back to at least one of them. I will be waiting.

Old 09-25-2009, 04:35 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,578,290 times
Quote:
You sure don't know how science works do you...The main function of science is to discover things that we don't know...Honest people, scientists and others often say we don't know....Words that Christians have great difficulty with. You don't even know if there is a god, let alone what he may have done. All you have is what you believe.
Oh I ain't all shmart and stuff lack you guys! I guess I ain't much for all that fancy book learnin'. Jus' an ol' hay seed.........

Maybe you think I don't know science. You can have that if you wish. But
I do know FAITH when I see it. You are execising more faith than a Christian ever would.

You just try to disguise your faith as SCIENCE.

Oh and believe me. Christians don't know a lot of things.

Old 09-25-2009, 04:59 AM

2,595 posts, read 4,448,356 times
Quote:
No, sanspeur, you are incorrect, science is the tool that scientists use to prove their theory.

This is a common misconception with science. Many people think that scientists are honest people sitting in their labs doing science to discover the truth, but this is farthest from the truth. Most scientists, have a personal idea of how the universe works, they then spend the rest of their lives attempting to prove that the universe operates as they think using scientific principles. They should after much study prove their theory right or wrong and move on to the truth, but this does not happen. Most continue on with their life long passion to reveal their personal belief upon the universe. Hence evolution.

Old 09-25-2009, 05:04 AM

2,595 posts, read 4,448,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justme58 View Post
Aw shucks, you're soo clever, you got me. It must be magic.

BTW which one of Noah's sons are you descended from? If you a so co.ck sure, your family tree must go back to at least one of them. I will be waiting.
My mother is Jewish, so my family tree goes back to Eber, the father of the H(ebrews). Eber was a grandson of Noah and a son to Shem.

Everyone descends from one of the sons of Noah!

Old 09-25-2009, 05:16 AM

970 posts, read 1,702,686 times
Quote:
Do you believe that the LORD God/YHWH Elohym, created everything?
I do not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme
Darwin's peers, theologians, have reviewed his works and found them false.
Darwin held a BA in Theology, and Theologians with only a BA are his peers who have reviewed his work.

Also; Ray Comfort has reviewed Darwin's "Origin of Species" which is in public domain, and has republished it with his reviews; Ray Comfort reproduces 'Origin of Species' with creation comparisons
His book was a book of biology. Theologians' opinions on the topic are irrelevant.
Quote:
Duane Gish, Ph.D. in biochemistry, University of California, Berkeley 1953 .
He has held key positions at Berkeley, Cornell University Medical College, and The Upjohn Company, where he collaborated with former Nobel Prize winners in various projects. His interest in the creation/evolution issue grew until, in 1971, he left The Upjohn Company to join the faculty at the newly established (1970) Christian Heritage College and its research division. In 1972, the latter changed its name to the Institute for Creation Research, and Dr. Gish has served as Associate Director and Vice President since that time.
That's better than average for a creationist, I must say...

Except that he's writing about cosmology, not biology, so he has no relevant qualifications whatsoever. And without peer-review, we have no guarantee that his work is of any value.
Quote:
Okay, so you are not "god". Then you are not a peer who can review the Bible -right?
Circular reasoning. The Bible cannot be said to have been written by God only because it says so.

Old 09-25-2009, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
Then you sir, are taking a larger leap of faith than any Christian ever did! You don't even have a starting point!
By definition, admitting ignorance cannot be faith.
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2
Christians at least hvae an uncaused first cause.
Now that is faith: the belief in something without evidence.
Quote:
You don't know! How is that science?
Science does not know everything. So sometimes the scientific answer is "we don't know". Yet.
Quote:
You say some substance was there. But you don't know how it got there? Well how do you know it was there at all???
If you're looking for evidence of the original singularity, I'm afraid it gets very complicated very fast. The kind of equations that describe the expansion of space itself are not for the faint of heart...
The basic stuff is available on a simple Google search. I'm afraid the topic has never interested me that much.

Old 09-25-2009, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikk View Post
No, sanspeur, you are incorrect, science is the tool that scientists use to prove their theory.

This is a common misconception with science. Many people think that scientists are honest people sitting in their labs doing science to discover the truth, but this is farthest from the truth. Most scientists, have a personal idea of how the universe works, they then spend the rest of their lives attempting to prove that the universe operates as they think using scientific principles. They should after much study prove their theory right or wrong and move on to the truth, but this does not happen. Most continue on with their life long passion to reveal their personal belief upon the universe.
On what basis are you making such a claim anyway? it certainly isn't true for most scientists. But regardless, that's irrelevant for science in general.

If a scientist write an article or a book defending a false hypothesis, his book will not pass peer-review. Not because it's not "mainstream" enough, but because it will most likely contain errors or contradictions with observed reality (since the hypothesis is false), or simply not to a better job at explaining the world than the current major theory. Maybe the misguided scientist will persist in his belief regardless, and maybe he will waste his life trying to prove it, but his hypothesis will never become accepted by science until he can support it with sufficient evidence. That's how and why the scientific method works.

Old 09-25-2009, 06:41 AM

9,496 posts, read 12,948,934 times
Quote:
The Watchers taught Adamkind how to "cut roots" before the flood, states the book of Enoch, and they and fallen rebel Adamkind mixed the kinds by "cutting roots". They made monsters of the mixtures on purpose, to provoke God the Creator, who set boundaries on the individual kinds at creation, so that they would not mix the kinds.

He made the genetic code for each kind and said to the kinds not to cross, but to reproduce after their own kind; yet the Watchers taught how to cross kinds by "cutting roots" =splitting genes. They did it first by marrying daughters of Adam and getting offspring from them by gene splicing, who were of the Adam flesh but not of the Adam spirit, being of their own evil rebel spirits. This is written in Enoch and in Jasher and in Jubilees and in the Book of the Giants attributed by the Qumran community also to Enoch, in the Dead Sea Scrolls collections.

Nothing science fiction has made up is new. It has all been done before, and that is why God divided the tribes by confounding the mother tongue to the many, at Babel, to keep rebel men in league with fallen angels/Watchers and devils and demons, from doing whatever they imagined, and by that evil imagination, making the earth worthless and unredeemable.
I have no rational answer to this concoction, but I did watch Lord of The Rings last night. It was quite believable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality