Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2009, 03:32 PM

33,558 posts, read 37,155,629 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Ok, the Bible tells us the Ark was at least 400 and some feet long made of wood, and filled with cages for animals, at it landed on Mt. Ararat. Now thousands of years later we find a ship on Mt. Ararat that is over 400 feet long made of wood with cages inside. Should we then ignore the Biblical account only because some don't believe in it. I mean really, how many 400 foot ships have been found on Mt. Ararat? Should we conclude that there are so many ships sitting up there, that we can't really relate this ship to the Biblical account? I used the world (IF). Yet others say hands down, we saw the Ark of Noah up close, with cages inside on Mt. Ararat. It's not a question of going round and round, it's a question of what obviously is, based on strong evidence.
Nobody has found an ark/barge/ship, or even a canoe on Ararat. You just want to believe it so bad that you have totally deluded yourself. There is not a shred of evidence except what you have created in your mind.....Or perhaps you are just entertaining yourself here....It has to be one or the other.

Old 10-17-2009, 03:33 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,628,860 times
Rafius wrote:
Quote:
Do you believe people when they say they have been abducted by and had sex with aliens?
Actually while visiting the planet Kolob I met a hot little gray in a mini skirt and high heels at an alien nightclub. She didn't actually abduct me, it was consensual, but she rocked my world and had me speaking in tongues (maybe I wasn't actually speaking but I know I was doing something with it).

Old 10-17-2009, 03:35 PM

6,034 posts, read 10,686,766 times
Campbell, let's look at just one small part of your fantasy:

IF the ark existed, and IF it's actually that rock outcropping on Ararat, and IF it was constructed to the dimensions mentioned in the bible, and IF it carried two each of all the unclean animals and seven each of all the clean animals...

...then how did all those animals even fit on the size boat that the ark is purported to be? Let's even ignore food, water, bedding, and waste concerns and assume all those were magically taken care of...HOW DID ALL THOSE ANIMALS FIT?

Old 10-17-2009, 03:37 PM

6,034 posts, read 10,686,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
I call it persecution. It is demonstrated by the oft repeated use of terms like "idiot" used so freely by pseudo-intellectuals who presume that they are intellectually superior to those who believe in God and the unseen spirit world. There are many such posters on the "Christian" forum too. A troll is a troll, no matter the area of discussion. You have been given the rare distinction of being added to my "ignore" list. I shake the dust from my sandals.
LOL...a christer here, claiming 'persecution'? That's a hoot and a half. Not quite as funny as Campbell's delusions, but funny nonetheless. When was the last time someone spit on you or fired you or said you should kill yourself because you're a Christian?

Old 10-17-2009, 04:00 PM

16,431 posts, read 22,207,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
...then how did all those animals even fit on the size boat that the ark is purported to be? Let's even ignore food, water, bedding, and waste concerns and assume all those were magically taken care of...HOW DID ALL THOSE ANIMALS FIT?
To take a page from Hovind (with whom I do not agree on many things), the animals did not have to be full sized adults; but I don't imagine that you are interested in a genuine debate. I leave you all, many trolls against a few believers. May God direct your deliberations.

Old 10-17-2009, 04:18 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,865,041 times
Quote:
According to Ed Davis, the people who took them there considered them to be holy artifacts from the Ark. And they put them in the cave to keep the rest of the world from defiling them.
Yet they just happened to let your 'witnesses' see them. How convenient for you.

Quote:
Your alien question is off topic, .....
No it isn't. It has a direct correlation to your belief that the Ark exists because people have said it exists....so answer the question.

Quote:
I call it persecution.
Yes, you would!

Quote:
You have been given the rare distinction of being added to my "ignore" list. I shake the dust from my sandals.
That's OK. I'm used to Christians doing that when they are unable to defend their beliefs by reasoned debate. Bye!

BTW, I'd say that that someone like yourself, who's only debating skill is to scream 'I'm right because the Bible says I'm right' should be a little more reticent before questioning the way others debate.

Old 10-17-2009, 05:06 PM

33,558 posts, read 37,155,629 times
Quote:
To take a page from Hovind (with whom I do not agree on many things), the animals did not have to be full sized adults; but I don't imagine that you are interested in a genuine debate. I leave you all, many trolls against a few believers. May God direct your deliberations.
I think it's going to be rather hard to debate here when you just call those who disagree with you trolls, but just in case you really want a debate....

I hope Noah was smart enough to separate the males and females, especially of short lived creatures that have big litters like mice or rabbits for instance. That might have been a problem because there are 4,500 species of mammals known today, and in Noah's time probably a lot more considering extinctions...9,000 separate enclosures for just the mammals.

8,500 species of birds....That's another 17,000 cages. 6,400 amphibians...12,800 more cages....8,900 reptiles....Some of these are rather big...Another 17,800 cages...Lord only knows what Noah did about the insects.

All of these creatures had to be fed, watered and have their cages swamped out....Tell me how you think this was done.

Old 10-17-2009, 05:29 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,540,763 times
Quote:
Ok, the Bible tells us the Ark was at least 400 and some feet long made of wood
400 feet and 6 million different species, and food to feed them?

Good grief do you not see how absurd that is?

I lived on a ship that was 1039 feet long and had 5,500 men aboard, and it was crowded, and we were always replenishing our food stores.

Old 10-17-2009, 05:50 PM

Quote:
A troll is a troll, no matter the area of discussion. You have been given the rare distinction of being added to my "ignore" list. I shake the dust from my sandals.
In school when you were faced with a test question you could not answer, or when you could not support an answer with fact or how you derived the answer did you call the teacher a 'troll'?

But you second point of placing a person that asks difficult questions on your ignore list is a quite typical and predictable response from those desperately trying to support delusional postulates. I can't answer so I must either insult or ignore. But your point of telling them they made your ignore list, "neener neener neener..... I can't hear yoooooooooou" a childish taunt.

The dust isn't in your sandals, it's in your ears from burying your head in the sand.

Old 10-17-2009, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
So why can't the rest of the world go and see these artifacts that fell from the Ark?

Do you believe people when they say they have been abducted by and had sex with aliens?
This must be the work (words ) of the devil, as currently your post is #666 in this thread
But since the devil exists only in the delusions of some it could just be the 666th post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality