Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2009, 07:46 AM

7,000 posts, read 6,921,896 times

Advertisements

Actually, I think those two blobs at 10 o'clock of Mt Ararat are where the UFO's landed to check out the evidence for themselves. They are saucer-shaped and I wonder what would cause a couple of circular shapes like that in the snow?

Old 10-17-2009, 08:09 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,573,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
I can't tell you what I don't know. Just like science has no answer how the universe came into existance. I just focus on facts that we can consider, and not debate things that can only lead us into unending speculations.
The two bolded statements were done by me. They represent the extent to which Campbell has deluded himself. He actually believes what he says and yet does just the opposite.

He deserves pity, along with all the abuse he receives.

Old 10-17-2009, 09:30 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,580,083 times
Quote:
Well, you have asked the question. Why have we not used modern technology to find such a boat? Did you just ignore what I posted?
Some grainy photo's that show nothing that can be recognized as anything man made, yes I ignored them, you might as well have tried to prove it with an image on a piece of french toast. Looked like an outcropping of rock and snow.

Old 10-17-2009, 09:39 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,985,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justme58 View Post

As viewed from the south west. (large image)

From NASA:
Mount Ararat is located in extreme northeast Turkey, close to the borders of Armenia, Azerbaijan, and Iran. Ararat consists of two volcanic peaks: Big Ararat (5,137 m) and Little Ararat (3,914m). No eruptions of Mt. Ararat have ever been recorded, but the mountain is likely to have erupted within the past 10,000 years. Located far from any plate boundaries, the underlying cause of volcanism at Mt. Ararat is not well understood.

The top of Big Ararat is covered with snow all year long. This image is a 3-D perspective view looking from the southwest, created by draping a simulated natural color image over an Advanced Spaceborne Thermal Emission and Reflection Radiometer (ASTER)-derived digital topography model. The image was acquired on June 25, 2002, and is located at 39.75 degrees North latitude, 44.4 degrees East longitude.
Looking at the angle of dangle, it looks as if the slope is approx 30 degrees. Please explain how did the animals get off the mountain? Did they walk down in a spiral? Seeing as the topography of the summit seems very rugged, I am sure many of your mythical two by twos fell to their deaths

Taken from the space shuttle (large image here)

See them two little blobs? Is that your ark?
Mt. Ararat, is one of those mountains that allow you to climb to the top without repelling gear, ect. George Hagopian, when he was 10 years old, and with his uncle walked to the top in the 1900s. Ed Davis, also walked to the top as well. Numerous people even today hike to the top of Ararat without the use of much climbing gear. So if people can walk to the top today, no doubt, animals would of been able to walk down in the past.
According to the Mountain Club located in Digubeyazit, to get to the top of Mt. Ararat usually requires a standard 4-day (HIKE).

Old 10-17-2009, 09:42 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,240,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
How about ...

He didn't have to because there was no global flood.
Would you care to explain the sea shells on Mount Everest?

Old 10-17-2009, 09:42 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,580,083 times
Quote:
And why can we not find anyone in science who can tell us exactly how the universe came into existance, is it possible, that such a beginning is only an outrageous fable, and now science claims ignorance as a diversion? LOL
Actually a huge amount of evidence has been found and is being discovered all the time about the origins of the universe, and yes it is a challenge for scientists as it happened billions and billions of years ago, not just 6,000 as many delusional claim. Actually where do you sit on 'when' the universe came into existence?

Science does not claim lack of knowledge as a diversion, it is freely admitted, and science is working to fill those gaps. You claim your lack of knowledge but declare everything you profess to be absolute without question, yet offer absolutely nothing to support it.

But your finial little "LOL" is that just nervous laughter because you know you are trying to support the unsupportable, yet too delusional to actually admit it?

Again you have dodged all my questions: what about the TRILLIONS AND TRILLIONS of insects that must have multiplied during this fictional cruise.

Old 10-17-2009, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reD2dryout View Post
holy scriptures...what a crack up! how long will people still believe this crap?
As long as it remains true, and truth is eternal.

Old 10-17-2009, 09:49 AM

33,587 posts, read 37,225,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Would you care to explain the sea shells on Mount Everest?
No...How about telling me your version of how they got there....I need a laugh this morning.

Old 10-17-2009, 09:53 AM

1,317 posts, read 2,058,483 times
Quote:
Mt. Ararat, is one of those mountains that allow you to climb to the top without repelling gear, ect. George Hagopian, when he was 10 years old, and with his uncle walked to the top in the 1900s. Ed Davis, also walked to the top as well. Numerous people even today hike to the top of Ararat without the use of much climbing gear. So if people can walk to the top today, no doubt, animals would of been able to walk down in the past.
According to the Mountain Club located in Digubeyazit, to get to the top of Mt. Ararat usually requires a standard 4-day (HIKE).
Well if it a simple 4 day "walk in the park", so strange that we have no concrete evidence of anything Oh BTW, unless you are acclimatized you will suffer from altitude sickness. I live 5000+ feet above sea level, your suggestion that at 3 times that elevation folk just breathe normally. There is a place in the Andes where folk live at very high altitudes but nowhere as high as 15k feet.

Correction they are as high as 1k ' but I guess they have evolved to live there as no city dweller can survive there w/o oxygen.

Old 10-17-2009, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justme58 View Post
Well if it a simple 4 day "walk in the park", so strange that we have no concrete evidence of anything Oh BTW, unless you are acclimatized you will suffer from altitude sickness. I live 5000+ feet above sea level, your suggestion that at 3 times that elevation folk just breathe normally. There is a place in the Andes where folk live at very high altitudes but nowhere as high as 15k feet
Those in the Ark were gradually acclimatised to the altitude as the waters rose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.