Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2007, 03:29 PM

2,800 posts, read 10,009,096 times

Advertisements

[quote=CelticLady1;673907]
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post

First off, this must be the longest "end times" in history! Yes, I know the verses about Jesus coming like a thief in the night; no one knows when he will come, etc. But, this does seem to going on a little long.

Secondly, if one reads some of Jesus' words more carefully, it certainly seems to come across as though he was speaking about the apostles' lifetime, as to when he would return. Not 2000 or more years. There is definitely some room for interpretation, here.

Thirdly, and I don't mean to sound ugly about this, but why is it that Christians are so convinced that they will be okay, (via the Rapture), that everything else takes a back seat? I mean, how can everything be alright, believing that one will leave loved ones and friends behind? The believer's future may be secure, but those other folks are kind of screwed, so doesn't that give pause for some concern? I'm not trying to be entirely flip about that. It is something I've always wondered about. Kind of goes back to the idea that God is either going to have to "convince" (brainwash?), the believers that all will be well, and things are as they should be, etc., even while the unbelievers are roasting in hell, or he's going to have to do some major revamping on people's memories!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticLady1 View Post
Well, at least you are giving folks more of a chance than alot of other Christians do.

I have to ask, though, doesn't it bother you, to believe that your memories of your loved ones would be taken away? I still contend that our life experiences, and our memories are what make us who we are. Frankly, this doesn't sound like much of a plan, although I suppose it's better than the idea that Christian folks would be perfectly fine, going along with God's "plan" of of hell, as though they were almost as righteous as God, himself. And yes, I have heard people say this sort of thing. So, I guess it would be better not to be the same person, if it kept you from thinking about your lost loved ones, in a "too bad you weren't saved; now we understand" smug sort of way.
Either way you look at it, you are going to be without some of your family members either way you go. Personally, I would rather be in Heaven and spend my eternity with Jesus, enjoying life everlasting with my family that DID make it to Heaven, rather than spending eternity in hell's fire with my friends and family members that end up there

I also am a believer in the fact that there will be opportunity to turn to Christ during the tribulation, however, those times are going to be very hard for the believers! But, I am glad that there will be another opportunity as there are far too many (even on this board) that do not believe right now. At least, I believe, they will be given another chance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2007, 03:34 PM

2,639 posts, read 3,225,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pladecalvo View Post
Aw! Come on dude. Where's your fighting spirit?

I agree with ILNC. She is totally correct. Fighting about the realism of God's word serves no purpose.

Basing logic and rationale possibly on scientific evidence (sorry, I haven't read any of your posts or the other posters, so I don't know where the so-called logic comes in) is great for some for a while, but I have known many to "sway" from that when they finally find Jesus and accept Him by faith no larger than a mustard seed and trust in God and in His promises as made through Christ.

God is the same yesterday as He is today and the Bible is His Holy Word. The end times are upon us, I believe, as based on what is written in Revelation.

Old 05-06-2007, 03:52 PM

2,800 posts, read 10,009,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
I have no desire to debate God's word with you or anyone. God's Word does not need me to defend it. My evidence is based on the love of God, belief in His Word and the evidence I have seen in my life.
AMEN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KewGee View Post

I agree with ILNC. She is totally correct. Fighting about the realism of God's word serves no purpose.

Basing logic and rationale possibly on scientific evidence (sorry, I haven't read any of your posts or the other posters, so I don't know where the so-called logic comes in) is great for some for a while, but I have known many to "sway" from that when they finally find Jesus and accept Him by faith no larger than a mustard seed and trust in God and in His promises as made through Christ.

God is the same yesterday as He is today and the Bible is His Holy Word. The end times are upon us, I believe, as based on what is written in Revelation.
And AMEN!

Sorry ILNC, couldn't give you more rep points yet

Old 05-07-2007, 10:08 AM

1,233 posts, read 3,434,765 times
I would have to debate that it is a myth...not sure if its the "truth" or from GOD himself, but the bible clearly describes so much, could not have possibly known all that would go down here, unless it was from GOD or from people who "made it happen" but a myth? No way is that even possible, maybe go read it and then watch the news and then come back and tell me differently here!

Old 05-08-2007, 05:49 AM

I do think the bible talks bout China taking us over, this was mentioned how many thousands of years ago and now China, and some others, actually own America? Get ready to learn chinese and some other languages so you can clean their homes and cook their meals, they will enslave us soon...we were sleeping too long, too late.

Old 05-08-2007, 10:38 AM

259 posts, read 1,182,102 times
China is mentioned no where in the Bible, and neither is Russia...... contrary to what many prophecy "teachers" would have us believe.

Too many people read the bible with the newspaper in hand determined to find fulfillment. I don't believe there is any evidence that we near the end of history.

Old 05-08-2007, 10:55 AM

Yes..it does...and many agree on it within the religious community, maybe you should do some more research here.

Old 05-08-2007, 11:06 AM

74 posts, read 234,620 times
To look at this subject from a somewhat different perspective, I invite the good folks here give these sites a quick look. I think the stars fall from the skies represent the pole shift eluded to in the first link.
http://pesn.com/2005/02/27/6900064_Magnet_Pole_Shift/
This next link is a bit long and some will think I wasted your time with it and for that I extend my appologies but it is of some relavants to the subject at hand and I personaly agree with most of it.
http://www.2012theodyssey.com/articles-beyond.html
Here the nay sayers get equal time so to speak on the 2012 issue. Although as you see in his conclusion, I, as some of you may be of the same mind, that there are no coincidences in life. Its all set to happen for reasons we can not readily comprehend working out of the ignorance of the flesh. Unfortunately, the spiritual component to the phyisical body is IMO, in a bit of dissaray these days.
http://www.fys.ruu.nl/~strous/AA/en/2012.html (broken link)
Oh, one other thing, dosen't it say in the bible somewhere that the generation that "sees" Israel become a nation for the 3rd time will truly see the tribulation days? That happened in 1948 for the 3rd time in our recorded history I believe.

Old 05-08-2007, 11:08 AM

3,049 posts, read 8,908,098 times
it is apart of our(true christians) life, we never seperate our faith from life itself--it is life itself. Jesus told us to watch and to wait on his return, wait for him glorious appearing, but to be diligent at our work to spread the gospel, win others to the Lord, care for the poor, worshipping, praising Him, works of kindness and love.

Old 05-08-2007, 11:09 AM

3,049 posts, read 8,908,098 times
magog and gog are mentioned with tubal, Rosh, persia, syria and many other countries in prophecy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality