Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2009, 09:58 PM

403 posts, read 1,580,362 times

Advertisements

The other night, I was laying in my bed watching TV and then my bedroom door opened and then closed. There was no one in the house, and my pets were in my room with me, my wife was in the shower.

It was really odd, and it's never happened before. It freaked the heck out of out me, it was like someone was peeking into my bedroom, and I remember, I closed my door all the way because it makes that click sound when you close it.

I told my wife right away and she was in awe, she didn't believe me at first, but she finally did.

There is no explanation for what happened and I believe it might have been a spirit or something doing it.

What do you think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2009, 10:26 PM

63,776 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwflconch View Post
The other night, I was laying in my bed watching TV and then my bedroom door opened and then closed. There was no one in the house, and my pets were in my room with me, my wife was in the shower.

What do you think?
The Invisible Man wanted to watch your wife in the shower??

Old 10-16-2009, 10:31 PM

2,782 posts, read 4,164,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwflconch View Post

It was really odd, and it's never happened before. It freaked the heck out of out me, it was like someone was peeking into my bedroom, and I remember, I closed my door all the way because it makes that click sound when you close it.

I told my wife right away and she was in awe, she didn't believe me at first, but she finally did.

There is no explanation for what happened and I believe it might have been a spirit or something doing it.

What do you think?
Watch this video.

YouTube - Open-mindedness

Old 10-16-2009, 11:59 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,293,698 times
How old is your house and how long have you lived in it? Do you have any history on it?

I very much believe in the paranormal despite some hoaxes that are out there. But you'll know more in time (if more there are more occurrences).

Old 10-17-2009, 12:00 AM

3,580 posts, read 6,301,683 times
Well doors don't open and close by themselves. Either someone opened them, which you say no one did, then you have spirits. The question is do you believe in spirits or not? If you do then you know, no one did it, so leaves the other option. It is up to you to decide which one you want to believe.

Old 10-17-2009, 12:00 AM

1,553 posts, read 1,835,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The Invisible Man wanted to watch your wife in the shower??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gplex View Post
Watch this video.

Tell him how you explain it scientifically.

Old 10-17-2009, 01:16 AM

37,121 posts, read 42,189,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eanassir View Post
Tell him how you explain it scientifically.
Explain scientifically something some random dude on the internet says happend? I don't think so. But if I had to guess....it was the wind. The door wasn't latched and was blown open then blown shut. It's happend at my house lots of times. Sometimes it's not even all that windy, just the house fan or someone shutting a door somewhere else creating a force of air.

Or maybe it's a demon. I hear they like to open and shut doors.

Old 10-17-2009, 12:50 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,618,410 times
I have two doors in my house that do the same thing occasionally and it's just caused by the movement of air. I've been replacing all of the interior doors with heavier six panel doors and I've noticed that after I put in a heavier door it doesn't happen anymore. I just have those two doors to replace and I'll be putting in a couple of solid wood doors as soon as I sand and refinish them. That will put an end to the opening and closing of doors unless I'm the one doing it. I guess the ghosts aren't strong enough to push the heavier ones.

Old 10-17-2009, 01:20 PM

1,988 posts, read 5,382,917 times
My bedroom door opens sometimes too - even when it's all the way shut. I think it's just from the slight change in air pressure that occurs when another door is opened or when the air conditioning (or central heat) clicks on or off.

Old 10-17-2009, 01:31 PM

1,553 posts, read 1,835,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Explain scientifically something some random dude on the internet says happend? I don't think so. But if I had to guess....it was the wind. The door wasn't latched and was blown open then blown shut. It's happend at my house lots of times. Sometimes it's not even all that windy, just the house fan or someone shutting a door somewhere else creating a force of air.

Or maybe it's a demon. I hear they like to open and shut doors.

It may be as you said: the wind and air pressure made the door open and then closed; but he said: "and I remember, I closed my door all the way because it makes that click sound when you close it."

I don't know about his door exactly; but it seems that when it is closed, it will not open unless by manipulating the handle
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality