Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 10:55 PM

3,004 posts, read 6,272,348 times

Advertisements

I think a lot of what dyer preaches makes sense. Do good, be motivated, and be positive. I never could get into most of what he prescribes though.

Just like in some parts of buddhism, dyer goes off into some absolutes about goodness and the universal that can't be reconciled in the logical western mind. And of course that would be perceived as negativity or some such nonsense.

In any case, I like the guy, but rather get closer to the "source" through aformentioned authors like Thich Thiên Ân.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2009, 10:26 AM

218 posts, read 311,152 times
Yeah I've seen him on TV on several occasions. Nothing he says adds up to anything other than positive thinking. He always says "The Source" but never reveals specifically what it is. I know what it is but many don't because he is laughing himself all the way to the bank with people's money on some bull and new age crap movement that won't save you worth a dam.

Old 02-10-2010, 07:51 PM

1 posts, read 19,366 times
Default Dr Wayne Dyer

I love Dr Wayne Dyers books, one of my favorites is "You'll See It When You Believe It" it is a fabulous book by Wayne Dyer and has helped me greatly. The other book which I have found to be greatly empowering is one called "The NAIM Code" by Jordan James which reveals the "Source" to you and much more. I also love Think and grow Rich. Hope this helps.

Old 02-13-2010, 11:00 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,635,365 times
Have always liked Wayne Dyer. Has a no-nonsense approach to life and its problems, how to tackle them and still keep a positive attitude. Take what works for you and apply it. Nothing wrong with that. Some of his beliefs though recently (from The Secret) are too woo woo for me, so not of much use to me in my life.

Also like Thich Nhat Hanh. Difference for me is that I like the audio books. Wayne Dyer an excellent speaker and well understood. Is difficult to understand TNH, but do enjoy his books, as I have most of them.

Old 08-05-2010, 05:07 AM

365 posts, read 511,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
...Does any of what Wayne says contradict what we know about belief and knowing from the bible or anywhere else for that matter?

Be careful, because Wayne Dyer is an antichrist and you should NEVER apply anything this unbeliever teaches.

Here are some example of the antichristian beliefs he has:

Nature of God:
Dyer - God is an energy field. God can also be equated with soul, spirit, cousciousness. God is always creating and loving and it excludes no one. It is a source that has no judgment.
Christianity - God is divine. God is personal. God judges between right and wrong, good and evil. Only those who walk in truth and righteousness may abide with him.

NOTE: Bible says God is a PERSON, but Wayne says NO, his just a power and/or "energy field".

Humanity's problem:
Dyer - Not being in harmony with his inner self.
Christianity - Not being in harmony with God (Creator, Ruler, Judge).

NOTE: Wayne teaches the exact same satanic theology that Deepak Chopra teaches that we must tap into the "power" inside us to solve human's problems. VERY DECEPTIVE, VERY DANGEROUS!

Salvation (solving humanity's problem):
Dyer - Man simply needs to go to the source of himself and get realigned
Christianity - Man needs to look outside himself to the gift of salvation that God offers based on the substitutionary atonement of Christ.

NOTE: New Age and Deepak Chopra teachings again that salvation and solution to man's problems is FOUND INSIDE each person. Once again, very deceptive and very dangerous teaching!

There are many more antichristian and very concerning things that Wayne Dyer teaches that leads people away from God and leads people into deception!

Old 08-05-2010, 06:41 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,210,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Funny.. I just told my husband that what he is thinking about (the cars need fixing, money is tight... etc) will just fester and rot inside him the more he thinks about it. Pretty soon it consumes you.

I think I have a copy of erroneous zones that I picked up at a used bookstore. I haven't seen Loretta but I will see what I can dig up online. I have several of his books.... oh no it is "There's a Spiritual Solution to Every Problem."

I started this thread because I intended to give the book to my mom who was struggling with something at the time but she said that Dyer was a "new ager" and a form of anti-christ or something. So I just kept it and have been blessed. I think it is phrases like "the divinity within" and such that she didn't like.
I find that quite ironic given that Christianity expressly teaches that we are made in the image and likeness of God and that we are to be striving to have Christ within us or Christ in us...if that's not "the divinity within"...I don't know what is. It amazes me that some look at the teaching of others with their religious blinders firmly in place, calling it "New Age"...but they are actually teaching the very same things that are taught in their own religions just with different packaging.

Old 08-05-2010, 04:03 PM

365 posts, read 511,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
I find that quite ironic given that Christianity expressly teaches that we are made in the image and likeness of God and that we are to be striving to have Christ within us or Christ in us...if that's not "the divinity within"...I don't know what is. It amazes me that some look at the teaching of others with their religious blinders firmly in place, calling it "New Age"...but they are actually teaching the very same things that are taught in their own religions just with different packaging.
The deceived and false teachers like Wayne Dyer, Deepak Choopra etc etc all teach that the "power" we need for salvation and transformation comes from "WITHIN". They do not point to Jesus, they do not point to the person's need to be born again with the Holy Spirit.

They instead teach that the "spirit or energy field" we need is already in everyone.

Deepak Choopra also goes as far as to say that we are all gods and Wayne Dyer teaches that in a different way because he says the help we need is already inside us, and we can save and help ourselves without the need for Jesus.

They are all teaching the same thing that Satan taught in the Garden of Eden, that we will all be like god and can do amazing things for ourselves without the need for Jesus or Holy Spirit.

Brian Tracy who is in the same boat calls the help we need "spirit" but does not refer to Jesus or the Holy Spirit.

All these false teachers do the same thing, all teach anti-christian deceit which is dangerous and misleading.

Old 03-05-2011, 08:56 AM

2 posts, read 35,730 times
What profit is there if you gain the whole world and lose your soul. - Jesus

Gain the world. - Dyer

Old 03-05-2011, 09:32 AM

2 posts, read 35,730 times
Hi Katjon,

You asked a question. You received a lot of feel good answers, but none with any evidence that what they were saying is truly true. One person says that there is no absolute truth. I wonder if he believes that what he says is absolutely true. You see, there is truth...even those who say there is not run into the same problem...is it true that there is no truth?

Of course there is truth. Everyone knows it, they just don't want to face it. The question is what is the truth? You see, everyone on this post is searching for the truth...and many think Dyer has it...so they promote what he says and praise him for saying it...saying what? What they want to believe is truth.

Do you remember when people were putting cyanide in Tylenol capsules and people were dying from it? This happened because they were wrapping up poison and calling it truth...eerrrr, Tylenol. The removed the medicine, replaced it with poison, wrapped it up in the same thing and called it medicine.

This is what Dyer has done, and all who agree with him take his poison thinking they are taking medicine. The ramifications are much greater though...it is not just death, it is eternal separation from the Creator of the heavens and the earth who alone says what is truth and what is not truth. How arrogant for a man to tell God what is truth.

Jesus said "for this reason I came, to bear witness to the truth". John 17. Jesus said there is truth, and HE came to bear witness to it. HE said "no man comes to the Father except through me".

So what you have to determine Kat, is which one is true:

1. Jesus proclaimed the truth.
2. Jesus did not proclaim the truth.

Many who responded have determined that Jesus did not proclaim the truth...and why? Because doing so would require humility and submission to Him. Instead, they trust in how they feel. If they feel that what Dyer says is good (gain the world simply by seeking within), then it must be truth. Who doesn't want to hear that they can gain the world? Proverbs says "trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean NOT on your own understanding".

God is calling you to repentence. Only then will you truly be free. Read the book of John and see what the Lord has for you.

Old 03-18-2011, 08:19 AM

1 posts, read 17,096 times
Exclamation Wayne Dyer The Anti-Christ? Really?

Just as we older folks look at the way kids today dress and decorate themselves with hardware and tattoos, and wonder "What in the world?" so it is with some people and accepting new thought and beliefs.
Calling Wayne Dyer the Anti-Christ is like calling Mother Teresa a terrorist. Because you are so caught up in your religious beliefs and convictions and are so afraid of anything that might shake up the "status quo" that you damn anything new to hell does not mean that it is bad.
The dogmatic approach to faith and religion is crumbling. Religion and its dogma is finally being swept away by a new spiritual approach to faith and worship. Religion is man-made and is therefore susceptible to fallacy. It is full of doctrine, rules, rituals and all sorts of other man-made tools of worship. No one from any religion can guarantee anything about what it teaches other than that there is a Creator and that humans have a spiritual side that cannot be explained through any religious text.
The fact that Wayne Dyer and many other "New Age" teachers are merely trying to get you to connect with that inner spirit and to practice the love and kindness that God IS should not warrant that they be called Anti-Christian or the "Anti-Christ." Pull your head out of man-made religion and experience God from within yourself. Find out that God does not require that you follow the dogma of religion. He only wants for us to be more like him. Not what man dictates that he is. He is pure, absolute love.
As Wayne Dyer says: "Be Christ-like. Not Christian. Be Buddha-like. Not Buddhist."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality